Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Huge news IF verified as true.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Huge news IF verified as true.

Iraqi Documents Show Saddam Possessed WMD, Had Extensive Terror Ties

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewSpecialR...20041004a.html

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...4/141421.shtml

If only it could be verified, as it sits now; it has too many loose ends for the story to be run. Nobody wants to pull a Rathers on this just yet -and- i'm willing to bet Kerry will make them look like false documents planted by the Bush Administration if the story gains attention.

Hopefully something will come of this story...
Old 10-04-2004, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
The funny thing is the two news sources quoted both have some funny sidebar ads. The one (CNSNews.com) seems much more reliable than the other (newsmax.com) Here are the sidebars: The uncle sam one links to a "Conservative Media Watchdog Group" and the other is quite obvious in its goals. I would be much less skeptical if a reputable news source such as Fox or MSNBC would pick this up and run with it. Then I might give it some thought but until then it goes with the Swifties.....
Attached Thumbnails Huge news IF verified as true.-newsmax3.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2004, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

That has nothing to do with credibility thus far...

CNSnews has no ads and newsmax is credible (although their articles appeal to Republicans) regardless of Google ads... This is the type of article Drudgereport picks up on because it's developing. Other news sources like AP and Reuters wait until it's developed.

Prove to me that CNSNews, Newsmax and Matt Drudge have ever given false reports before making a stupid claim on Ads. CNSNews and Matt Drudge are in the same boat with Reuters on credibility, they just have a different style.

And for your information, CNSNews.com broke the forged documents story that burned CBS and Dan Rather.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:49 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
Prove to me that CNSNews, Newsmax and Matt Drudge have ever given false reports before making a stupid claim on Ads. CNSNews and Matt Drudge are in the same boat with Reuters on credibility, they just have a different style.
Never said they had ever given false reports, just said I would be less skeptical of other news sources. Don't put words in my mouth.

CNSNews does have one ad on its mainpage for a conservative media watchdog group and if you read what I said, I said they looked pretty reputable even though this posting was the first I had ever heard of them. I thought the one ad was humorous because the other source was quite obviously very pro-republican and the only ad on the CNSNews page was for a conservative media watchdog group. I think you can tell alot from the sidebars and ads that a webpage displays on its pages IMHO.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Never said they had ever given false reports, just said I would be less skeptical of other news sources. Don't put words in my mouth.

CNSNews does have one ad on its mainpage for a conservative media watchdog group and if you read what I said, I said they looked pretty reputable even though this posting was the first I had ever heard of them. I thought the one ad was humorous because the other source was quite obviously very pro-republican and the only ad on the CNSNews page was for a conservative media watchdog group. I think you can tell alot from the sidebars and ads that a webpage displays on its pages IMHO.
Then why go out of your way to mention it and a attach two pictures to take it's credibility away? Seems like such too much of an effort to discredit the story when these sources are credible and haven't made anyone think otherwise.

Back to the developing story if true...
Old 10-04-2004, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
Well my opinion is that I have always thought that Saddam was hiding something, I mean why did he give the UN inspectors such a hard time and knowing him he could have easily moved things around to fool them. My thing is I don't know if he does or not, but he brought the whole WMD on himself in not letting the UN inspectors inspect.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:40 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
Then why go out of your way to mention it and a attach two pictures to take it's credibility away? Seems like such too much of an effort to discredit the story when these sources are credible and haven't made anyone think otherwise.

Back to the developing story if true...
Credible in your mind but not mine and that was the point of my post. I don't think they are that credible. Which is why I will wait to pass judgement. I would like it to be true really then I could justify the war to myself and my children.

And it wasn't any effort at all! I am a computer WIZARD!!

Last edited by SilverScoober02; 10-04-2004 at 03:48 PM.