Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Veteran's Group Endorses Kerry

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 07:30 PM

Veteran's Group Endorses Kerry

Old 10-02-2004, 08:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Old 10-02-2004, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Actually that's partially true...

I'm sure some of the people he dealt with a in Vietnam were Nam Veterans when he removed the issue of Prisoners of War and Missing in Action in order to begin trade and normalization of relations with Vietnam in the early 90's.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:16 AM

He was back here doing his best to screw our guys when my old man was over there getting shot at by little asian men in outfits like the guys in the cartoon. Screw Kerry.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:01 AM

"Little asian" man was protecting his county. And Kerry was trying to get our men back so your father wouldn't have to be getting shot at for something we should of never entered.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:58 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
And Kerry was trying to get our men back.
Explain this.

Was this during his insignificant time with hanoi jane -or- his very significant time as Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs?
Old 10-03-2004, 09:33 AM

When he demonstrated against the war. Not hard to explain that.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
"Little asian" man was protecting his county. And Kerry was trying to get our men back so your father wouldn't have to be getting shot at for something we should of never entered.

I'm with unregistered on this one.

-Chris
Old 10-03-2004, 10:32 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
werd.... but you gotta love the increasingly popular trend of revisionist history. in case you werent aware, the Viet Cong were actually terrorists, and gosh darn it we were doing everything in our power to protect the world from Commie terrorists.

the good news for Bush and Co is it only takes about 30 years for revisionist history to put new spin on old wars. so by as early as 2035 we will all find out that Iraq did have legit WMDs and that we truly are safer with exponentially more jihadists because of our (unnecessary) pre-emptive attacks against a Muslim country

Last edited by dub2w; 10-04-2004 at 08:35 AM. Reason: i cant add
Old 10-03-2004, 10:46 PM

You guys are the revisionists. The DRVN (communist puppet-state) were fighting a war of aggression against the sovereign RVN. They invaded the RVN repeatedly, in violation of international law. RVN or US never invaded the DRVN. VC terrorists were aiding this illegal agression by murdering civilians, soldiers, and officials of the lawful government of the RVN. I don't think the USA should have gotten involved in it, but to paint the VC or the DRVN as innocent parties defending themselves is insanity.

Last edited by FUNKED1; 10-03-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:48 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by FUNKED1
You guys are the revisionists. The DRVN (communist puppet-state) were fighting a war of aggression against the sovereign RVN. They invaded the RVN repeatedly, in violation of international law. RVN or US never invaded the DRVN. VC terrorists were aiding this illegal agression by murdering civilians, soldiers, and officials of the lawful government of the RVN. I don't think the USA should have gotten involved in it, but to paint the VC or the DRVN as innocent parties defending themselves is insanity.
Come now, Funked, please refrain from posting facts that contrdict the opinions of our fellow members that received revisionist world history in public school.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:38 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
we didnt wage a 2 decade long war because we wanted to protect the south.
we waged the war because of a flawed political science theory known as the domino effect.

a theory, mind you, earily similar to our current beligerent "war on terror"
Old 10-04-2004, 08:40 AM
VIP Member

When he demonstrated against the war. Not hard to explain that.
So let me get this straight... you think sitting "Indian-style" on a grass field will bring soldiers home quicker than being the Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, right?

I didn't think conforming with anti-war hippies and speaking into a loud speaker in Washington D.C. had the potential to bring soldiers home? Is there some private military transport called the "Hanoi express" that runs of peyote and love I wasn't aware of?

There's a very big difference in saying "bring them home" ten thousand times in a row and actually being able to do something about it as the Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs. I guess lifting trade embargos with Vietnam was the ends that justified the means for Kerry...
Old 10-04-2004, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by dub2w
we didnt wage a 2 decade long war because we wanted to protect the south.
we waged the war because of a flawed political science theory known as the domino effect.
The theory might have been flawed, but that doesn't change the fact that the DRVN attacked the RVN, with Soviet and Red Chinese equipment and training and logistical support. And regardless of the motivation, the USA did indeed attempt to protect the RVN from this communist aggression.

Last edited by FUNKED1; 10-04-2004 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
So let me get this straight... you think sitting "Indian-style" on a grass field will bring soldiers home quicker than being the Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, right?

I didn't think conforming with anti-war hippies and speaking into a loud speaker in Washington D.C. had the potential to bring soldiers home? Is there some private military transport called the "Hanoi express" that runs of peyote and love I wasn't aware of?

There's a very big difference in saying "bring them home" ten thousand times in a row and actually being able to do something about it as the Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs. I guess lifting trade embargos with Vietnam was the ends that justified the means for Kerry...
Nobody, huh?

Quick Reply: Veteran's Group Endorses Kerry