Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Here's one for you Salty;

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 10:00 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Here's one for you Salty;

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/lorentz1.html

Here's a look at how things are really progressing over there, this guy is living it first hand and makes some really good points about how the direction we've taken is the wrong one, it boils down to this though;

"Ideology and idealism will never trump history and reality."
Old 09-20-2004, 10:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Good stuff. My cousin is in Bahrain flying support missions to and from the ships in the area and he said in his last email that himself and alot of his buddy's feel the same way. Granted he is not on the "front-lines" but he is over there serving. Last words of his email to me were "Don't support this war"
Old 09-20-2004, 10:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
My blog's better than your blog! http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/...ves/002544.php

And my point: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...tellitstraight
Old 09-20-2004, 10:50 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
Point taken. It is just an opinion whether it be biased or not. But he makes some very good an real points about how a fight against these "terrorists" cannot be won simply by killing scores of them. Either way I know a few soldiers that are all for it and some that are very much against it. (more being supportive of course) It just depends on who you talk to.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Point taken. It is just an opinion whether it be biased or not... Either way I know a few soldiers that are all for it and some that are very much against it. (more being supportive of course) It just depends on who you talk to.

I know the very same types of people and probably on a much larger scale...some are for the war and some are against it.

Regardless, it's a blog against the war which doesn't tell me anything seeing how there's 100+ blogs floating around the internet for the war... they just cancel each other out even though all of them may have good points.

It's unfortunate that some of our soldiers are against the war they're fighting and it's a no brainer that some of them don't agree with the tactics etc. Nonetheless, they're still going to fight it because they have no choice.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:48 PM

But its not just the soldiers that are saying this International news organizations are. Just not ours for some reason. (Well thats not entirely true. MSNBC had something written out on how it was getting worse. Yesterday.) I wish I had more time to look up links and stuff.

What it comes down to really is how have we affected the region. I really wanna see the death toll of how many Iraqi's die to our hand versus the amount of Iraqi's that died to Saddam's. Should be intresting comparison.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
But its not just the soldiers that are saying this
I never said it was
Old 09-30-2004, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

Seems like the author is facing UCMJ and Manual of Courts Martial action for +/- 20yrs.

Although it's a blog, i'm going to have to say that it was well written with good points. It's just too bad the author's a demagogue will little knowledge of military law.

http://stevegilliard.blogspot.com/20...o-hear-it.html

The essay prompted a swift response from Lorentz's commanders. In an e-mail this week to Salon, Lorentz, declining to comment further on his piece, noted, "Because of my article, I am under investigation at this time for very serious charges which carry up to a 20-year prison sentence." According to Lorentz, the investigation is looking into whether his writing constituted a disloyalty crime under both federal statute (Title 18, Section 2388, of the U.S. Code) and Article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

According to the UCMJ, examples of punishable statements by military personnel "include praising the enemy, attacking the war aims of the United States, or denouncing our form of government with the intent to promote disloyalty or disaffection among members of the armed services. A declaration of personal belief can amount to a disloyal statement if it disavows allegiance owed to the United States by the declarant. The disloyalty involved for this offense must be to the United States as a political entity and not merely to a department or other agency that is a part of its administration."
So what do you guys think about this?
Old 09-30-2004, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

So what do you guys think about this?
Sounds like this guy hit real close to home and now they are going to punish him for it.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:09 AM
VIP Member

Sounds like this guy hit real close to home and now they are going to punish him for it.
Regardless if he hit real close to home or not, he did violate military law.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:15 AM
VIP Member

Regardless if he hit real close to home or not, he did violate military law.
Sounds like they are really stretching to CM him with this. I would bet a good lawyer (are they really called JAG's in the military?) would easily be able to defeat this rap.

But what do I know I am just a lowly civilian....
Old 09-30-2004, 10:16 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I understand why that law is in place, but it sure sounds like a facist law to me...YOU SHALL NOT SPEAK BAD ABOUT THE FUHRER OR HIS MOTIVES...hahaha, but seriously I know that the military needs laws like that to keep all the troops at top notch fighting strength. Just sounds pretty harsh considering I'm sure he's not the only soldier with those views...
Old 09-30-2004, 10:18 AM
VIP Member

Sounds like they are really stretching to CM him with this. I would bet a good lawyer (are they really called JAG's in the military?) would easily be able to defeat this rap.

But what do I know I am just a lowly civilian....
Actually, good JAG's are the ones pointing out the violations.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

Actually, good JAG's are the ones pointing out the violations.
Well either way you get a lawyer when court-martialed right? Then I think a good one would be able to beat this no prob. Whether or not it is called a JAG or not.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:32 AM
VIP Member

Well either way you get a lawyer when court-martialed right? Then I think a good one would be able to beat this no prob. Whether or not it is called a JAG or not.
You can have a civilian lawyer represent you if that matters... I don't think it will see how the violations are in black and white.