Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Here we go again: Biden in 2008

Old 06-20-2005, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Here we go again: Biden in 2008

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...s_050620162136

Biden may not be as liberal as Dean but the Dems are doing it once again.

Your candidate is from Delaware. That means that he's from a part of the country that's above the Mason Dixon line. Not only are southerners less likely to vote for you but you're going to be labeled more liberal.

Your candidate is a Senator! Compare the winning Senator Candidates to Governor candidates. One has a track record they can actually see.

There may not be any worthy Dem. Governors in the South but you could possibly eliminate the other problem.

At least Hillary is smart enough to act more conservative than she truly is. Because why in the hell would you have a woman run when one of the main reason of defeat in 04 was the evangelical vote? Makes no sense. Furthermore, she may be a New York Senator but she has southern roots. She might just convince everyone she's more conservative after all. I doubt it though...

Last edited by Salty; 06-20-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:10 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Salty

Your candidate is from Delaware. That means that he's from a part of the country that's above the Mason Dixon line. Not only are southerners less likely to vote for you but you're going to be labeled more liberal.

Your candidate is a Senator! Compare the winning Senator Candidates to Governor candidates. One has a track record they can actually see.

There may not be any worthy Dem. Governors in the South but you could possibly eliminate the other problem.

At least Hillary is smart enough to act more conservative than she truly is. Because why in the hell would you have a woman run when one of the main reason of defeat in 04 was the evangelical vote? Makes no sense. Furthermore, she may be a New York Senator but she has southern roots. She might just convince everyone she's more conservative after all. I doubt it though...
If she gets elected into office I will tell every person I meet to kick me in the nuts until I succumb to internal bleeding.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:26 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
I pray that McCain makes this discussion moot.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:33 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD

Dean is not a liberal...anybody who has done even a modicum of research into his 5 terms as governor of vermont would ever say he was.

Biden can kiss my posterior.

Last edited by lojasmo; 07-06-2005 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Howard Dean
I admired Wellstone [Sen. Paul Wellstone - Author of The Conscience of a Liberal - Reclaiming the Compassionate Agenda, though he's a bit more liberal than I am.
If you're correct then his leaning toward the left in the last few years is similar to Hillary's leaning toward the right as a political move for the White House. I'd be interested to learn why you don't think he's not liberal. Seriously, my knowledge of his work with Vermont is limited.

Something tells me he went forward with liberal actions and ideals as he continued to reassure everyone he’s “for the people” and a conservative at heart. Good plan on paper even though Dole proved it was transparent crap. Sorta like how every ***** liberal at a anti-war protest is conveniently pro-solider. Yeah... I get it...
Old 07-27-2005, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Haha ! Hillary vs. Condi? Nice pics ladies
http://www.newsmax.com/poll/condivhillary/?af_id=1265
Old 07-27-2005, 01:56 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
They both are hard to listen to, but I'd rather hear Condi than hear the liberal nonsense spewing out of Hitlery.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
Haha ! Hillary vs. Condi? Nice pics ladies
http://www.newsmax.com/poll/condivhillary/?af_id=1265

That's a crappy choice to have to make. And that site sucks because you can only vote in the poll if you give your email and there's no box to unclick to not get junk mail. Weak.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:23 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
That's a crappy choice to have to make. And that site sucks because you can only vote in the poll if you give your email and there's no box to unclick to not get junk mail. Weak.
+1 that's the reason I didn't vote did you see the un flattering pics?

Old 07-27-2005, 10:44 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
They both are hard to listen to, but I'd rather hear Condi than hear the liberal nonsense spewing out of Hitlery.
they both suck.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:19 PM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
If you're correct then his leaning toward the left in the last few years is similar to Hillary's leaning toward the right as a political move for the White House. I'd be interested to learn why you don't think he's not liberal. Seriously, my knowledge of his work with Vermont is limited.

Something tells me he went forward with liberal actions and ideals as he continued to reassure everyone he’s “for the people” and a conservative at heart. Good plan on paper even though Dole proved it was transparent crap. Sorta like how every ***** liberal at a anti-war protest is conveniently pro-solider. Yeah... I get it...
Dean has an eleven year history of governing vermont as a staunch centrist. His record speaks for itself.

Ballanced the budged for eleven years in a row.....without a mandate
supports the death penalty
supported Biden/Lugar
Supported the Afghanastan war
A+ rating from the NRA
Supports states rights on gun control

I'd be interested in hearing why YOU think Dean is a liberal.

And what does Dole (Liddy or Bob) have to do with anything?
Old 07-29-2005, 07:47 AM
VIP Member

You forgot the fact that his frequent psycotic rants probably also would classify him as either a 5150 or or having tourettes
Old 07-29-2005, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
You forgot the fact that his frequent psycotic rants probably also would classify him as either a 5150 or or having tourettes
Was there more than just that one "rant' that I don't know about.

Personally getting villified for that one outburst was rather stupid. So what if the guy gets excited. That would have been much better than the cardboard cutout John Kerry IMO....At least the guy can give a good pumped up exciting speech without stumbling over the english language, like some that we know.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:11 PM
VIP Member

I guess it all depends on your opinion of psycotic rants. I wasn't really remarking on his "scream"speach, I was talking about his irresponsible, conspiricy theory comments and insinuations that certain politicians on the other side knew about 9/11 before it happened, and used the tragedy for political purposes.

I agree that Kerry and Bush were ****ty choices, but I think Dean still would have been worse.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 07-29-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
I suppose you are talking about when Dean was interviewed on NPR about Bush Stonewalling the 9/11 commision? Here is the transcript:

Caller: Once we get you in the White House, would you please make sure that there is a thorough investigation of 9/11, and not stonewall it?

Dean: Yes. There is a report, which the president is suppressing evidence for, which is a thorough investigation of 9/11.

Rehm: Why do you think he's suppressing that report?

Dean: I don't know. There are many theories about it. The most interesting theory that I've heard so far--which is nothing more than a theory, it can't be proved--is that he was warned ahead of time by the Saudis. Now who knows what the real situation is? But the trouble is, by suppressing that kind of information, you lead to those kinds of theories, whether they have any truth to them or not. And eventually they get repeated as fact. So I think the president is taking a great risk by suppressing the key information that should go to the Kean commission. "
So you see he wasn't actually suggesting that any of them have any truth to them, he was actually stating that by stonewalling the investigation it leaves the admin open to crazy theories like this to be spread. Either way he was taken way out of context.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Here we go again: Biden in 2008