Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Global Warming Kills Africans!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:04 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon

Link to Article

In a nutshell: Man made global warming is causing draughts in Sudan, which is the sole cause of the violence there, which has claimed ~200K people.
Blame anything but the obvious...Muslims are killing their non-Muslim neighbors.

Originally Posted by WP Story
It would be natural to view these as distinct developments. In fact, they are linked. Almost invariably, we discuss Darfur in a convenient military and political shorthand -- an ethnic conflict pitting Arab militias against black rebels and farmers. Look to its roots, though, and you discover a more complex dynamic. Amid the diverse social and political causes, the Darfur conflict began as an ecological crisis, arising at least in part from climate change.

Two decades ago, the rains in southern Sudan began to fail. According to U.N. statistics, average precipitation has declined some 40 percent since the early 1980s. Scientists at first considered this to be an unfortunate quirk of nature. But subsequent investigation found that it coincided with a rise in temperatures of the Indian Ocean, disrupting seasonal monsoons. This suggests that the drying of sub-Saharan Africa derives, to some degree, from man-made global warming.

It is no accident that the violence in Darfur erupted during the drought. Until then, Arab nomadic herders had lived amicably with settled farmers. A recent Atlantic Monthly article by Stephan Faris describes how black farmers would welcome herders as they crisscrossed the land, grazing their camels and sharing wells. But once the rains stopped, farmers fenced their land for fear it would be ruined by the passing herds. For the first time in memory, there was no longer enough food and water for all. Fighting broke out. By 2003, it evolved into the full-fledged tragedy we witness today.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Paul I really enjoy your satirical outlook on the world.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:15 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

:RockOn - not mine: That's what I'm here for!!!:RockOn - not mine:
Old 06-19-2007, 11:37 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
:RockOn - not mine: That's what I'm here for!!!:RockOn - not mine:
I thought you were here for the gangbang.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Makes sense to me...

Global warming causes drought, drought causes conflict, US caused global warming so it’s our fault.

Let’s assume that the article is right for a second. Now what’s the problem?

Parts of the world have so much water and annual rainfall that most is wasted. Even when parts of our country are going through hydrological drought were our own reservoirs are well below average we still have enough each year. Even with all this our government will pay farmers not to grow more crops because of waste.

The problem is that there are parts of the world (like Sudan) that cannot get the water other parts of the world have in abundance. That, and parts of the world that have water aren’t willing to give their excess to needy parts of the globe. That’s the problem here. Why isn’t that a story?

And why aren’t they? Aside from laziness and people more inclined to blame the other more advanced civilizations and global warming, something tells me Sudan is probably **** for sustaining the supplies. Who wants to bet that that Sudan doesn’t have a worthwhile means of holding water and sustaining its reserves? My guess is that an old, rusted-out cigar-shaped gas tank cut in half and sitting on a sled is “state of the art” for gathering, holding water, and disbursing water via mule.

Another thing is outside help to Africa never seems to work. We throw condoms at them and they **** it up (literally). We throw mosquito nets at them and only a few see them. Meanwhile millions of mosquito larva are most likely waiting in these “state of the art” water storage facilities. Then, if we do manage to get everyone to devote a part of their countries tax money to tons of water and plumbing equipment, what makes anyone think they won’t meet us with opposition?

**** this ****ing place. I’ll start giving a damn when my tax dollars start pouring in there.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Could this also be the reason homicides, in urban areas, increase in the summer months?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

And then there's the debate on aid.

I think aid should be reserved for those that have the means of maintenance but have undergone something drastic. A massive earthquake or tsunami for example.

Now, if you live on the edge of the ****ing Sarah desert and your excuse on the lacking rainfall is global warming and not a climate change, then you can purchase your food.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ipozestu
Could this also be the reason homicides, in urban areas, increase in the summer months?
Half right. It's the decrease of water with the increase of malt liquor to blame on that one.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:59 AM
VIP Member

The real problem is all of the large animals migrate with the water. They drink it all up. People go thirsty. We should kill all of the animals....
Old 06-19-2007, 11:59 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
Half right. It's the decrease of water with the increase of malt liquor to blame on that one.
haaaa
Old 06-19-2007, 12:19 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

The real problem is all of the large animals migrate with the water. They drink it all up. People go thirsty. We should kill all of the animals....
I find this incredibly amusing...killing large animals to save water...
Old 06-19-2007, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I find this incredibly amusing...killing large animals to save water...
I too have a backwards outlook for this backwards world. :RockOn - not mine:
Old 06-20-2007, 12:11 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Actually, preheated rounds are more accurate and therefore deadlier.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
I was going to play the role of a caring person willing to help, but then I was told thay don't have oil...
Old 06-20-2007, 03:55 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by newyorkreload
I was going to play the role of a caring person willing to help, but then I was told thay don't have oil...
Amen brother.