Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

A Fitting Tribute to a Slain Navy SEAL Gains Attention

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:52 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
A Fitting Tribute to a Slain Navy SEAL Gains Attention

Link to Story
Petty Officer Michael A. Monsoor was killed in battle in Iraq in September 2006, and posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor in April.

His funeral in Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery in San Diego was attended by “nearly every SEAL on the West Coast,” President Bush said.

During the service, as Monsoor's coffin was taken from the hearse to the gravesite, Navy SEALs lined up in two columns. As the coffin passed, video shows each SEAL slapping down the gold Trident from his uniform and deeply embedding it in Monsoor's wooden coffin.

The slaps were reportedly heard across the cemetery.

He had been assigned to protect fellow SEALs on a rooftop in Ramadi, Iraq, when a fierce firefight with insurgents broke out. During the battle, a grenade bounced off Monsoor’s chest and landed on the roof.

Faced with the choice to save his comrades or save himself, Monsoor threw himself on the grenade, absorbing the impact.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:03 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
the only words I can come up with

wow...
Old 07-08-2008, 02:49 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
And this will probably never make prime time news because this level honor and dedication isn't good enough for the crap that gets put out as news.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:36 AM

Car Info: 2007 Impreza WRX TR
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
And this will probably never make prime time news because this level honor and dedication isn't good enough for the crap that gets put out as news.
In no way will the [current] Media EVER highlight a true HERO for war time actions.... there gonna keep saying Obama is a hero because hes a black (1/2) man ( who was raised by white women) forging through the oppressive American Government to become the most successful young black member of Congress. Any CMOH recipient deserves national attention. Its unfortunate that the media refuses to say anything positive about the offshoot of war, espically when these young men deserve the attention. Its a reality check for me...