Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...
View Poll Results: Should women be allowed in combat arms MOS's? **please support your answer**
Yes
64.29%
No
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Female soldiers eyed for combat

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 10:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Female soldiers eyed for combat

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...0846-1796r.htm

The Army is negotiating with civilian leaders about eliminating a women-in-combat ban so it can place mixed-sex support companies within warfighting units, starting with a division going to Iraq in January.

Despite the legal prohibition, Army plans already have included such collocation of women-men units in blueprints for a lighter force of 10 active divisions, according to Defense Department sources.
Do you think women should be allowed into combat arms?

I have my answer but will hold out until later...
Old 10-22-2004, 11:20 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Yes, they should be more than allowed. I thought women's lib happened decades ago...but they still aren't on the front lines? WTF...
I could see an issue if the powers that be think there'd be too much f***ing around (literally), but in a combat zone I doubt even the horniest men would be thinking about that.
In terms of women not being able to keep up, that's bs (lots of women can kick my a$$). And for the women who say they don't want to go to the front, that's bs too. Equall rights, equall responsibilities. Bottom line.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:55 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Yes, they should be more than allowed. I thought women's lib happened decades ago...but they still aren't on the front lines? WTF...
They aren't on the front lines for numerous reasons. Although I’m for equal rights, I just can't see women in combat. Esprit de corps would fly out the window in the regular line units and SOF groups. I just can't see a 120lb frame humping 80+lbs, a 240B, water, LBE etc. for 30+miles as their feet swim in sweat and blood.

The ONLY way I could see women making the ranks is if they raise the bar for everyone and eliminate double standards like PT and Hygiene. There would be far too many EO complaints in an environment full of alpha males. Rape and harassment would hit an all time high in the barracks and in the field. You'd be surprised how horny you get surrounded by males in a 1 month field problem -or- on deployment.

Soldiers would look back on the nostalgic days when people were starting to coin the term, "the kinder, gentler Army" and cry over a case of cold beers. The turmoil would hit the news as they announce "training sex scandals '05" and turn the military into the new laughingstock of the media. Not to mention, it belittles the memories and is disrespectful to veterans that served in prestigious unit(s).
Old 10-22-2004, 01:33 PM

I'd love to debate so this thread goes somewhere...but to be honest you've been there and I've never been anywhere close, so I have no leg to stand on...
Old 10-22-2004, 02:16 PM
VIP Member

I'd love to debate so this thread goes somewhere...but to be honest you've been there and I've never been anywhere close, so I have no leg to stand on...
I may have the upper hand but you can still make a valid point here.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by Salty
I just can't see a 120lb frame humping 80+lbs, a 240B, water, LBE etc. for 30+miles as their feet swim in sweat and blood.
Wouldn't the women still have to go through boot camp? Thier not just going to put anyone on the battle field they still have to pass the same physical test the men do.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:25 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
No, not currently. They are not required to meet the same level of performance as their male counterparts. If they received identical training and met the same physical and mental standards as servicemen then I would say yes.

I spelled "male", "mail".

Last edited by deyes; 10-22-2004 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:27 PM

I was unaware that women and men had different requirements for training. That's bogus. If I were a man on the front line and they were gonna send in a women who hadn't had the same training as I did, I'd be pissed. I agree with deyes here...train them the same way, and if they can hack it, why not send them to the front.
But that's the same thing all you guys are already saying...make the reqs the same, then put them in the same fighting situations.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
There would be far too many EO complaints in an environment full of alpha males. Rape and harassment would hit an all time high in the barracks and in the field. You'd be surprised how horny you get surrounded by males in a 1 month field problem -or- on deployment.

Soldiers would look back on the nostalgic days when people were starting to coin the term, "the kinder, gentler Army" and cry over a case of cold beers. The turmoil would hit the news as they announce "training sex scandals '05" and turn the military into the new laughingstock of the media. Not to mention, it belittles the memories and is disrespectful to veterans that served in prestigious unit(s).
I would be willing to cross that bridge when we get to it if they proved to be on par with men in a combat enviroment.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:32 PM

Maybe in an all female unit it would work. But men and women fighting together, no way.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:39 PM

I agree with deyes here...
WOOHOO! Come over to the light side of the force luke! Together we can overthrow the emperor and rule the galaxy!
Old 10-22-2004, 02:39 PM

...reasons? Or just what Salty layed out before...
Old 10-22-2004, 02:40 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by deyes
WOOHOO! Come over to the light side of the force luke! Together we can overthrow the emperor and rule the galaxy!
Hahahaha, good one Darth [damn bad guys always claiming they fight for the good side] hahahahahaha
Old 10-22-2004, 02:43 PM

LOL! Arguing politics is like arguing religion, its no way to convert someone.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:03 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Back in the Dark Ages, I was a grunt...Infantry, specifically.
Anyway, every year, the EIB (Expert Infantry Badge) is offered to all Infantrymen.
This is like a merit badge that is earned by shooting, land navigation, 12 mile road march, and other basic infantry skills.
I was an instructor/grader at the M2 .50 caliber machine gun station, when I was told that I would be instructing/grading two females that were being "test ran" through the EIB to prove that females couldn't hang with us men.
Although they passed my station, they were deliberately failed at another station.
These two females were better than most of the males that came through my station.

Then again, at Primary Leadership Developement Course(PLDC), there was one female that was as ****ed up as a soup sandwich, I would've shot her myself in combat.

Bottom Line: In a fox hole, I don't care what color you are, what sex you are, what/who you have sex with, as long as you can hump your share, can watch my back, and can carry me to the aid station if I get my @ss shot.

Last edited by FW Motorsports; 10-22-2004 at 04:04 PM. Reason: It's Friday & I don't give a ****

Quick Reply: Female soldiers eyed for combat