Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Fatalities mounting

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 07:39 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Fatalities mounting

I was just watching the news when they mentioned that this year alone there have been 1600 deaths...and we're only half way through the year....

I'm speaking of course of the vehicle accident related deaths in California alone. Just to put things in perspective, that's almost as many American casualties during the entire war to date. I think the anti-Bush groups should re-direct their anger towards bad CA. drivers if they really care about human life.

Hell, I'd have to say our soldiers, God bless them, are probably safer over there than they are driving on Ca. highways.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Maybe even riding a bike
http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks...lariskbike.htm
Old 07-22-2005, 08:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Death is death when dealing with these types of numbers.

The argument is usually based on our servicemen not having any responsibility for their actions (which they do), or based on their life being more meaningful than the civilian. As if being in a war they volunteered for somehow makes death more meaningful? Yet nobody ever acknowledges or picks-up the story on training casualties unless it happens to be a prestigious unit stepping on their tail.

Case in point would be one 3 training fatalities that happened on one of my posts within months (Bragg). One guy got shot by AD during machine gun training, one SF trainee got killed by Fayetteville PD (IIRC), and lastly one Infantryman got killed on of my jumps. It wasn't because he burned in (which he did). It was because he didn't pop his chem light to show he was hurt and got smacked by an LMTV. The only one that made national news for a brief amount of time was the SF training incident I mentioned because there was controversy with the PD being involved. I know this because my Grandmother in Ca wanted to see if I was okay because she didn't know any better.

And we haven't even covered other posts throughout the world in which training incidents do happen. I tried looking for the training casualty statistics on this topic some time ago but never found any solid figures. It's just a very asinine argument these front-running hippies love to dig their teeth into because it gives them more ammo against war.

Even the suicides on post probably put any numbers to shame. In my 4yr enlistment I saw 5 suicide attempts with 3 being successful attempts. One was our company armorer that shot himself in the mouth with a M240B and a shoe string. ALL of them dealt with PTSD and severe depression of Army life. Or course the left would blame the Army when the logical person would blame them for having a weak mind and heart.

Last edited by Salty; 07-22-2005 at 08:28 AM.