Go Back  i-Club > Open Topic Forums > Teh Politics Forum
Even the Richest of Democrats avoid their own laws...?! >

Even the Richest of Democrats avoid their own laws...?!

Notices
Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Even the Richest of Democrats avoid their own laws...?!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:18 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: No Way
Posts: 6,826
Car Info: Nadda
Even the Richest of Democrats avoid their own laws...?!

Yes, Glenn Beck uncovered both Oprah and Michael Moore avoiding taxes... Oprah owns a few houses, one in particular in California. She hired someone to tell her how many days she's slept in California to make sure she doesn't become a resident... avoiding the tax laws all the democrats are pushing...

When it gets to walkin the walk for even the richest of democrats... and they shy away, I wonder how many NORMAL democrats who are pro tax laws are doing the exact same thing. State something because it sounds good, and turn your back behind the door when you can.

Michael Moore owns a business, in a different state than he lives in. Not because it was a business venture, but because the business gets less taxed in that state.
iLoqin is offline  
Old 02-10-2010, 08:06 PM
  #2  
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
faraco3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Santa Rosa
Posts: 529
Car Info: 06 STi 293hp/310tq / 2.5 FLI tune
There are many people that do this, their political stance has nothing to do with it.
faraco3 is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 06:48 PM
  #3  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: No Way
Posts: 6,826
Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by faraco3 View Post
There are many people that do this, their political stance has nothing to do with it.
If democrats are so pro on these things, they shouldn't be avoiding =P
iLoqin is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 10:04 AM
  #4  
VIP Member
iTrader: (22)
 
medicSTi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vacaville
Posts: 9,543
Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Absolutely agree. If you want to increase taxes or support someone who wants to increase taxes, then you should be paying them yourself.
medicSTi is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 10:30 AM
  #5  
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
RALIWGN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Yuba City, CA - reppin the Wagon Mafia
Posts: 326
Car Info: AW '04 WRX Wagon w/JDM STi drivetrain swap
Originally Posted by faraco3 View Post
There are many people that do this, their political stance has nothing to do with it.
It's a matter of consistency vs hypocrisy. If someone says they support certain laws, then do what they can to circumvent them, that's hypocrisy. If someone says the law should be different in this regard, then does what they can to make their business grow based on laws they must follow, but don't agree with (legally circumventing the law), then their actions are consistent with their stated views.
RALIWGN is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 10:42 AM
  #6  
Jin
Registered User
 
Jin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 925+415
Posts: 1,347
Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
property tax is bs
Jin is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 11:23 AM
  #7  
Registered User
 
AlanarchySTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area/Orange County
Posts: 1,271
Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
Well, go figure.
AlanarchySTI is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 11:28 AM
  #8  
Registered User
 
horsecut54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 340
Car Info: Subaru STI
well, when you got 'Oprah' money and you have houses all over the place, it makes sense to find out what you can and cannot do, because the tax agencies will come down on you HARD. And I am sure that Oprah isnt too worried about paying a higher tax bracket (federal)...
See the difference is that 'we' 'liberals' realize that to live in Modern Society, taxes are an inevitability, we need roads, we need schools, we should have health care, and many other social programs that make SOCIETY a better place to be. However, over 50% of our budget goes to the military. And most of that is wasted on no bid contracts and flat out waste. (halliburton and KBR, and Xe have wasted BILLIONS of dollars)

So speaking for myself, I avoid taxes, (and I am a pinko-bleeding heart-commi-bastard) becasue they are wasted on the Military Industrial Complex, that IMO does very little for uplifting our economy. That and the fact that federal income tax is un-apportioned and only goes to pay off the interest that we owe to the federal reserve (a system set-up by CONSERVATIVE bankers in the wake of the great depression, and guess who was intregral at setting this up, George Bush's grandfather as well as the Rothschild's and Rockefeller's.)

Oh, and quoting Glen Beck for truth is, well, as retarded as his kid.
horsecut54 is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 06:11 PM
  #9  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: No Way
Posts: 6,826
Car Info: Nadda
If you think Healthcare is a RIGHT. I am totally in disagreement. Healthcare is called a BENEFIT!! B-E-N-E-F-I-T! It started as one, and now you mentally insane liberals are runnin' around stating it's a RIGHT?

If Healthcare is a right, this countries tax will triple from what we pay for now and we'd still be going into more debt. How can you in a complete sane mind think the government can RUN a socialistic healthcare system when it's programs are PUSHING US INTO MORE DEBT? Social socurity is going bankrupt, same with the post office, etc.

You think government control of the $$ for healthcare is going to fix things? It'll do the opposite. Just like printing money and creating inflation will 'jump start' and we can 'spend' our way out of this huge black hole of debt. Our government has repeatedly done this (Since the Clinton era began such a thing) and the federal interest rates were barely anything.

We, conservatives understand we need to pay taxes, too. I would want Obama to do as he stated while running for president and post up policies and bills for America to look at 3-5 days before the vote. Transparency, was the term, haven't seen it. We already pay taxes on everything, including this fed income tax that has NO LAW with it. The bottom line is that it isn't much of democrat or republican, they (bush and obama) are both doing the exact same thing in the government. Spending more, expanding more. Until I see a president, or ideas like Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Peter Schiff, or Sessions for that matter. Or a leader that has ran and built a business and knows how to MAKE money, rather than spend 1.6 dollars every 1.0 dollars of tax they collect (which makes no sense), we're pretty much screwed and our only hope is that our assemblies get a brain start to fix this all.

That's like a household making 100k a year, and it's spending 160k a year... uhh that's called bankruptcy, and it's what our government is doing.

I still stand with Glenn Beck and him uncovering things and talking about them that the other news channels don't want to dig up. Everyone runs around like Oprah is great! Pro Democrat, Pro Laws... but jumps through the holes to avoid them... I mean why? She'll be rich 'til even after she's dead.
iLoqin is offline  
Old 02-14-2010, 12:20 PM
  #10  
VIP Member
iTrader: (22)
 
medicSTi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vacaville
Posts: 9,543
Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by horsecut54 View Post
well, when you got 'Oprah' money and you have houses all over the place, it makes sense to find out what you can and cannot do, because the tax agencies will come down on you HARD. And I am sure that Oprah isnt too worried about paying a higher tax bracket (federal)...
See the difference is that 'we' 'liberals' realize that to live in Modern Society, taxes are an inevitability, we need roads, we need schools, we should have health care, and many other social programs that make SOCIETY a better place to be. However, over 50% of our budget goes to the military. And most of that is wasted on no bid contracts and flat out waste. (halliburton and KBR, and Xe have wasted BILLIONS of dollars)

So speaking for myself, I avoid taxes, (and I am a pinko-bleeding heart-commi-bastard) becasue they are wasted on the Military Industrial Complex, that IMO does very little for uplifting our economy. That and the fact that federal income tax is un-apportioned and only goes to pay off the interest that we owe to the federal reserve (a system set-up by CONSERVATIVE bankers in the wake of the great depression, and guess who was intregral at setting this up, George Bush's grandfather as well as the Rothschild's and Rockefeller's.)

Oh, and quoting Glen Beck for truth is, well, as retarded as his kid.
Taxes may be inevitable, however taxing everything is not. Neither is taxing any more than necessary to live within our means and be good stewards of our finances.

When you say, "social programs that make society a better place" one must realize that you're view is relative since you are neither eternal or perfect. God, however is eternal and perfect. He reminds us that debt is truly slavery and an avenue to the destruction of freedom and prosperity. The borrower is truly slave to the lender. He does not know freedom, he is deceived.

Are most social programs done with cash or do they cause us to take on debt as a society which will effect our children's children's children? The cost of taking on debt as opposed to living within our means and saving is far more costly when considering the future. When are selling our children to slavery.

The Fed was set up by shady progressives and corrupt bankers in 1913 under a progressive President who was not conservative. Not after the great depression. It contributed to the Great Depression...
medicSTi is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 04:21 PM
  #11  
Registered User
 
horsecut54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 340
Car Info: Subaru STI
can you please explain to me why we, the USA pays 16% of our GDP to pay for healthcare, and still have +40 million un insured and countless others, underinsured, when at the same time we have one bankrupcy from medical expenses every 30 SECONDS, when Canada has...

NONE OF THESE PROBLEMS, and they only pay 5% of gdp on their healthcare?? Oh, and they have a longer life expectancy, and a lower infant mortality rate.

You cant, cause YOU ARE F-ing WRONG! Go read a book.
horsecut54 is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 05:09 PM
  #12  
Registered User
 
norcal22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 46
Car Info: 2005 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX
"God, however is eternal and perfect."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
norcal22 is offline  
Old 02-16-2010, 02:21 PM
  #13  
VIP Member
iTrader: (22)
 
medicSTi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vacaville
Posts: 9,543
Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by horsecut54 View Post
can you please explain to me why we, the USA pays 16% of our GDP to pay for healthcare, and still have +40 million un insured and countless others, underinsured, when at the same time we have one bankrupcy from medical expenses every 30 SECONDS, when Canada has...

NONE OF THESE PROBLEMS, and they only pay 5% of gdp on their healthcare?? Oh, and they have a longer life expectancy, and a lower infant mortality rate.

You cant, cause YOU ARE F-ing WRONG! Go read a book.
Is there a reason you are being disrespectful and discourteous? Even if the way you decide how to treat people is reliant on how they treat you, have I not shown you courtesy and respect in my response? Or, even if you are treating others as you'd like to be treated, would you really appreciate others treating you with the same disrespect and discourtesy you have shown me?

As far as your "facts," please post up links to your credible sources. You mistakenly made a statement about the Great Depression and the Federal Reserve in your last post. So logically, one would likely want to reestablish their credibility by linking us to the sources of the evidence they've provided as "fact."
medicSTi is offline  
Old 02-16-2010, 02:44 PM
  #14  
VIP Member
iTrader: (22)
 
medicSTi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vacaville
Posts: 9,543
Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by norcal22 View Post
"God, however is eternal and perfect."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Is there a statement or question behind the laughing?
medicSTi is offline  
Old 02-17-2010, 12:33 PM
  #15  
Registered User
 
horsecut54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 340
Car Info: Subaru STI
God says alot of things, and one of them is not to try to read the mind of god. lets not go there.

(let me say that my orginal quote of the "wake of the great depression" was wrong, I was typing fast, didnt copy edit my post, sorry.)

I am hostile to iLogin, becasue healthcare should be a right, in a wealthy democracy such as ours. Secondly, not to be a pity party, but my mom fought cancer for only two months, had a "Cadillac" insur. policy through blue cross, $25,000 a year for her, and my father, for 20 years. so that's at least 500,000 dollars paid in. She died last april. If she had survived another month, my family would have bankrupt, so thats why I am pissed, I have had to float my families business with $45,000 to cover her medical costs.
So good thing my mom died quick, it really helped us keep our house.

So you like statements like this, if not, I think you should look into a different way of going about this healthcare thing.
I don't have a direct link for you on my stats concerning Canadian life expectency, and they amount og GDP they pay for healthcare, but I aint no idiot, and I dont quote facts unless they are true, however, i dont bookmark every journal article and news peice I come across.

And I dont see you spouting off any facts, any links to sites/articles to support your every man for himself healthcare system that is destroying us as a nation. Didn't Jesus heal people? Should Christians want their collective nation to do the same, but its always the mega-evangelical types that are fighting universal health care, interesting. I never see Christian's protesting the military budget, interesting, $568 billion. but hey it keeps us safe right?

Oh, and if you want a link to see how Capitalist democracies go about their UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE, turn off Fox Noise, and go to PBS, ya know, one of those liberal social programs, public television, for some real news.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...roundtheworld/
horsecut54 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Even the Richest of Democrats avoid their own laws...?!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.