Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

As election day approaches........

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 03:08 PM
OT Big Kahuna

Location: Harder to grasp than Science & Math to pale swined cavemen who don't practice and live backwards.
Car Info: Salty-Killah
Smile As election day approaches........

I must express how badly we need to get George Bush out of the White House. Not that I'm real impressed with Kerry, mind you. In my opinion, one's as bad as the other and they are both devils cut from pretty much the same cloth. Both are slickly sophisticated when it comes to playing the media game, as we have all witnessed from this latest round of sniveling propaganda. All these covert plantings of malicious stories designed to sully the names of the candidates is embarrassing.

These are two grown men acting like two little boys on the playground, arguing inanity and irrelevancy back and forth. Kerry has crafted this ultra-patriotic, Lincoln-like persona of the war hero with a progressive outlook. To me, the war hero part is some real bull****. I see someone who signed himself up to travel halfway around the world to assist in the genocide of a race of poor people of color, in the name of a dominating, oppressive government regime.

I've said before that my pops went to Viet Nam. Not by any choice of his own. He was ordered to go. He had no family connections to get him deferred. He went mostly out of fear of what would happen to him if he refused. My father spent more than a year in heavy combat and received no formal recognition for his service. He was only freed from his bonded servitude after being wounded while ducking from sniper fire. He came home and managed to live the rest of his life NOT being a homeless junkie, or a mentally crippled shell of his former self. He didn't become an alcoholic family abuser. He didn't become one of those casualties of war who couldn't move on with his life. He went on to work and live and raise a family.

I kind of think that Kerry's shameless parading of his time in Viet Nam is vile. Even if he truly was the heroic figure that his ad campaign portrays him to be, it is not something that should be processed and packaged and shoved down the throats of the world community. It's an insult to every person who never recovered from that horrible war. Its horrors are the communal property of all those who lived it, not the sole proprietary of one man who wishes to use it as a selling point on his resume. And you know what? The fact that Kerry served in Viet Nam ultimately has no bearing whatsoever on the issue of if he can fix this country or not. The Machine is the Machine, and no one man (even if his intentions are true and pure) is going to stop what the world has been enforcing since civilization began.

But, hey, he ain't Bush, so, what the ****. I'll probably vote for him...

Throughout history, oppressed people have experienced a multitude of tactics employed in the process of their subjugation. Logically, once traditional means fail, in order to effectively counteract an enemy’s tactics, one modifies strategies to account for the adversary’s fighting style, adopts similar strategies or continues to utilize the same methods. It has been said that the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and to expect different results, yet politically, that is exactly the course of action employed by the majority of the politically powerless in the United States.

The dual strategies of “divide and conquer” and “divide and rule” have served the imperialistic powers exceptionally well. It would do some of us justice to explore the implications of adopting a modified version of this methodology in its pursuit of political empowerment. An organized effort at constructing a highly versatile voting bloc, one that “divides” its political power in a coordinated campaign to “conquer” electoral politics is proposed.

While some political pundits say that the day of bloc voting has passed, this is a complete fallacy. Bloc voting in the traditional sense of a particular demographic voting en masse for a specific party is dead. Voting blocs must leverage and consolidate their voting power to manipulate electoral politics according to their own interests.

Picture a group of 100 voters working in concert, committed to political education and activity within and without the established political system. If 40 of those voters were registered Democrats, 40 Republicans and 20 independents, the bloc would have leveraged power within all major parties. During general elections, this power would be consolidated according to the interests of the bloc, not aligned with any one party. Multiply this formula by the hundreds; thousands and hundreds of thousands of potential votes the the revolutionists represent and one can appreciate the impact this strategy can have if properly utilized.

-OLMEK

Last edited by OLMEK; 09-22-2004 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
eh i aint voting for calivin Karry... we dont need a gay president we need a someone that stands strong in the face of terror and keep promises, someone that dont flip flip on the issues and is clear on were he stands...

not no damn puppet *** that seems to be all for whats on his speech paper of the day...

edgar,
Old 09-22-2004, 06:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
eh i aint voting for calivin Karry... we dont need a gay president we need a someone that stands strong in the face of terror and keep promises, someone that dont flip flip on the issues and is clear on were he stands...

not no damn puppet *** that seems to be all for whats on his speech paper of the day...

edgar,
Christ, the flip-flop arguement? Weak. Assuming changing your mind is bad thing, which is insane to think, Bush does it too.

http://www.allhatnocattle.net/waffle_house.htm

That is assuming changing your mind is always a bad thing, which it isn't. Do you not lean from your mistakes edgar? Do you, upon realizing a choice you made was wrong, try and change to make it right? I hope you do. Sure Bush will often do what he has decided to do no matter what, and that is the problem, "no matter what." Because of Bush's inability to realize his mistakes and change his mind, we are in a quagmire over in Iraq... hell, even many Republicans are urging Bushy boy to re-look at his methods concerning Iraq. And about Bush being a puppet, you have got to be kidding me. Bush is not only Chaney's puppet, but his b!tch. Hell, to be fair, ALL politicians are puppets in one way or another.

-Chris

Considering you are latin american I would think you would focus more on the issues such as civil liberties and treatment of hispanics rather that who can **** farther, but I guess not.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:52 PM
VIP Member

eh i love **** wars...

and i feel strongly that we must finish what we started. its only fair and if that means me dieing on the front line so be it!
edgar,
Old 09-22-2004, 06:56 PM

What if your the one in the front line dieing for the wrong reasons? Im sorry but throwing away lives of our soldiers is not a good thing.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:58 PM
VIP Member

eh i love **** wars...

and i feel strongly that we must finish what we started. its only fair and if that means me dieing on the front line so be it!
edgar,
Fair enough, though maybe a little blind, but I honestly think you may change your mind if that day were to come. My question for you Edgar: finishing a job is one thing, but do you think the job was worth starting? Don't be selfish, and think about your kid's future. Bush may start things in the next four years which your children mar be responsible for "finishing." I don't trust the guy.

-Chris
Old 09-22-2004, 07:06 PM

I'm not going for the "lesser evil" argument anymore. That's why I voted for Dubya, and look how that turned out.
www.lp.org
Old 09-22-2004, 07:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FUNKED1
I'm not going for the "lesser evil" argument anymore. That's why I voted for Dubya, and look how that turned out.
www.lp.org
Voting for a third party certainly isn't the answer. Throwing away your vote is like voting for the winning party, so you didn't help anything. Sometimes I wonder, Funked, if you're not actually just an avid bush supporter trying to divert potential democratic votes to a lost cause.

-Chris
Old 09-22-2004, 07:14 PM

Funked I'll just re-direct you to read my post here why I think that would be pointless.

No point in me re-writing everything again.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/www-lp-org-73254/
Old 09-22-2004, 07:19 PM
VIP Member

i stand pretty firm and feel that we are in Iraq fighting terror on its home ground keeping us here at home "safer" lets get one thing straight America is hated around the world out of nothing but jealously! and out of that jealously has came this great hate, hate so strong that they would like nothing better then to see is all dead!

now what? we are a super power damnit! we cant just let ourselves be backed up against that wall in disbelief again (9/11) its time to wake up... and stop hitting the snooze button

now dont expect me to resond much more... cause im sure ill keep getting grilled here.
edgar, <--- send me to war!

p.s. America beter get use to blood! cause the world aint all whip cream and cherrys

Last edited by zumnwrx; 09-22-2004 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:28 PM
VIP Member

i stand pretty firm and feel that we are in Iraq fighting terror on its home ground keeping us here at home "safer" lets get one thing straight America is hated around the world out of nothing but jealously! and out of that jealously has came this great hate, hate so strong that they would like nothing better then to see is all dead!

now what? we are a super power damnit! we cant just let ourselves be backed up against that wall in disbelief again (9/11) its time to wake up... and stop hitting the snooze button

now dont expect me to resond much more... cause im sure ill keep getting grilled here.
edgar, <--- send me to war!

p.s. America beter get use to blood! cause the world aint all whip cream and cherrys
You actually beleive that we are safer now with Iraq in its current state? Thats sad. Our military is now spread more thin than it has been in decades, we pretty much put our hunt for Osoma on hold and diverted much needed man power from Afghanistan which in which the Taliban and AQ are likley gaining a stronger hold, and Iraq is a vertual breeding ground for terrorists (after all, where does Abu Musab al-Zarqawi now reside rather comfortably while beheading American civilian contractors?).

-Chris <----- send Zumn to war
Old 09-22-2004, 07:34 PM
VIP Member

ok bassplayrr

what do you suggest? tell me! what is kerrys plans?

im listening
edgar,

You actually beleive that we are safer now with Iraq in its current state?
yes, its current state is ****ed ill give you that but we cannt just pull out we have to finish it... for the people of iraq and our own assertion as a super power!

Last edited by zumnwrx; 09-22-2004 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:36 PM
VIP Member

ok bassplayrr

what do you suggest? tell me! what is kerrys plans?

im listening
edgar,
That's not what I'm debating. If questioning YOUR reasoning as to why YOU are going to vote for Bush. Not once did I reccomend you vote for Kerry, did I?

-Chris
Old 09-22-2004, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

fair enough... all im saying is that everyone grips about bush being so bad.. but what so good about kerry?

sorry i edited my post cause i didnt aswer you question
edgar,
Old 09-22-2004, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Voting for a third party certainly isn't the answer. Throwing away your vote is like voting for the winning party, so you didn't help anything. Sometimes I wonder, Funked, if you're not actually just an avid bush supporter trying to divert potential democratic votes to a lost cause.

-Chris
I live in California, so voting for anything but the DNC party ticket is worthless anyways. But the more votes LP or other alternatives get, the more attention they get, and the more people will learn about them and see how much more sense they make than the DNC or GOP. It might not be time yet, but I think the DNC/GOP will continue to screw things up enough that the majority of people start looking for alternatives.

Quick Reply: As election day approaches........