Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Educational Song (NWS language)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 06:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Talking Educational Song (NWS language)

This one is just for fun... but it's a song we can all sing along to.

http://www.ericblumrich.com/idiot.html

-Chris

I LOVE the pic of him holding the children's book upside down.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
It's one thing to have recent politically motivated music from the Green Day (I enjoy the new CD) & 'Vote for Change' tour (I also enjoy DMB) that’ve basically made a name for themselves and are successful.

It's a completely other thing to have a bunch of tone-deaf, unsuccessful punks make a song about the leader of the free world when some of them probably live in their parent’s basement still. That's the part that entertains me the most...
Old 10-09-2004, 06:34 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
It's one thing to have recent politically motivated music from the Green Day (I enjoy the new CD) & 'Vote for Change' tour (I also enjoy DMB) that’ve basically made a name for themselves and are successful.

It's a completely other thing to have a bunch of tone-deaf, unsuccessful punks make a song about the leader of the free world when some of them probably live in their parent’s basement still. That's the part that entertains me the most...

That's right... success in pop music and living on your own have a great deal to due with truth in a message and comedy.

-Chris
Old 10-09-2004, 09:01 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
That's right... success in pop music and living on your own have a great deal to due with truth in a message and comedy.

-Chris
Here's my take on the matter...Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle wouldn't be successful if they weren't black and from a struggling neighborhood. They're effective & successful comedians because they've walked that walk.

What exactly qualifies these idiots to spew incoherent lyrics regarding politics when they've probably never picked-up a newspaper or followed current events? I know you think I’ve categorized these people (I think I have) but let's not play stupid... do you honestly think these idiots are capable of forming a rational though after listening that inarticulate conjunction of words? The only thing that rhymed was the chorus!

You probably think I’m taking this too far and going far too deep but I’m tired, Chris... I tired of these conforming kids attacking bush when 51 percent of adults age 18 to 29 have no ****ing clue (see link).

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...=694&ncid=2043

They make a lame video bashing Bush, get half the undecided audience to conform with them because it's "cool," then laugh about how they photo-shopped the swastika on Bush & Powell's arm as they smoke their bongs. I wouldn’t be surprised if they thought their freedom of speech was insured by MTV's rock the vote.

/rant over.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:02 PM
VIP Member

Here's my take on the matter...Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle wouldn't be successful if they weren't black and from a struggling neighborhood. They're effective & successful comedians because they've walked that walk.

What exactly qualifies these idiots to spew incoherent lyrics regarding politics when they've probably never picked-up a newspaper or followed current events? I know you think I’ve categorized these people (I think I have) but let's not play stupid... do you honestly think these idiots are capable of forming a rational though after listening that inarticulate conjunction of words? The only thing that rhymed was the chorus!

You probably think I’m taking this too far and going far too deep but I’m tired, Chris... I tired of these conforming kids attacking bush when 51 percent of adults age 18 to 29 have no ****ing clue (see link).

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...=694&ncid=2043

They make a lame video bashing Bush, get half the undecided audience to conform with them because it's "cool," then laugh about how they photo-shopped the swastika on Bush & Powell's arm as they smoke their bongs. I wouldn’t be surprised if they thought their freedom of speech was insured by MTV's rock the vote.

/rant over.
I will agree that if this video is actually enough to influence people to be anti-bush, that is lame, just as I think it's lame when people dislike Kerry simply because they hear he is a flip-flopper without knowing what that means, and whether or not it's true. However, I do believe humor can be found in something like this if you are already anti-bush for educated reasons (like myself.) I view this video as the same type of humor as those "purple heart band-aids" you hvae posted pictures of. I promise you, nothing bothers me more than kids that are liberal just to be anti-establishment, or to **** of mommy and daddy who are coincidently paying their tuition and allowing them to go to school without having to get a job. I truely feel sorry for those who make political decisions based on what they see in videos like this, or based on looks, or whatever. That is very sad indeed.

-Chris

P.S. I am not one of those kids. I have lived on my own, paying my own rent for the past couple years now. I work full time in addition to going to school full time. And some of those rhymes were "rough rhymes" for sore, but even Shakespeare was guilty of that.

Last edited by bassplayrr; 10-09-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
I will agree that if this video is actually enough to influence people to be anti-bush, that is lame, just as I think it's lame when people dislike Kerry simply because they hear he is a flip-flopper without knowing what that means, and whether or not it's true. However, I do believe humor can be found in something like this if you are already anti-bush for educated reasons (like myself.) I view this video as the same type of humor as those "purple heart band-aids" you hvae posted pictures of. I promise you, nothing bothers me more than kids that are liberal just to be anti-establishment, or to **** of mommy and daddy who are coincidently paying their tuition and allowing them to go to school without having to get a job. I truely feel sorry for those who make political decisions based on what they see in videos like this, or based on looks, or whatever. That is very sad indeed.

-Chris

P.S. I am not one of those kids. I have lived on my own, paying my own rent for the past couple years now. I work full time in addition to going to school full time. And some of those rhymes were "rough rhymes" for sore, but even Shakespeare was guilty of that.

I agree for the most part and never said you were one of those types. You seem to have a good head on your shoulder. You bought my TV, right?
Old 10-10-2004, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

I agree for the most part and never said you were one of those types. You seem to have a good head on your shoulder. You bought my TV, right?

And I'm loving every minute of it!

-Chris