Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Does Obama want to ban guns and rifles?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by ipozestu
Gagan, for being a self proclaimed conservative, you've really taken this Obama thing, hook line and sinker.
Fiscal... fiscal. I don't like spending money on bullets, bombs, lazy people and congress flying 1st class everywhere and on canidates elections.

If we are to spend, it better be worth it. that's all.

Now, why I am so for Obama? cause McCain's campain is just full og ****, over and over and over again. There is nothing to be proud of there. I'm tired of it.

Obama's latest ad against McCain being computer illiterate is over done, I agree to that, but lets face it, McCain's camp has been non-stop lies in their ads... when is this going to end? Does McCain's camp really think they just keep slandering and slandering?

I was all for Bush in 2000. Cut taxes, no policing the world etc... all ****ing lies. I'm done with the GOP, I'm happy being independent. The GOP has spent more in the last 8 years with their savior Bush than Clinton did in his 8 years prior, and we have gotten NOTHING out of it.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
I love it, the people who preach tolerance and acceptance are the ones voting pro nanny legislation and disrupting political conventions whos policies they don't agree with.
couldnt agree more,

Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about the christian/conservative rightwing.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Old School

There is nothing conservative about the GOP anymore.

I mean, small goverment... civil liberties... WTF happened!??!

Got overrun by religion is what!!

Our forefathers warned us about this, mixing religion and politics. They warned us, and GOP folks still did it. Now it's the "conservative base" with their "morals" and such spending money, spying on citizens, and increasing the size of the government.

I was betrayed... I was one of them, and they've changed. I'm not voting for them anymore.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by R-Dub
Just remember, you can always do a write in - I think something like a thousand people vote for 'Mickey Mouse' every election.

Thats one of the bigger problems with our electoral system - we are under the impression that only 2 candidates exist; Republican and Democrat.
Good luck changing that one. If people are slipping bolts worth millions by people then how are we ever going to seriously assess the 2-party system.

I mean, I'm a registered independant... in the primaries, I couldn't even vote for a GOP guy if I wanted to!!! I HAVE to be a GOP person to vote GOP, what's the point in that!?

You should be able to vote for who ever you want.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:52 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
The 1999 article in the Chicago Defender paraphrases a speech by Obama — then a state senator — in which it says he promoted a plan to "increase the federal taxes by 500 percent on the sale of firearm, ammunition [sic] — weapons he says are most commonly used in firearm deaths." He isn't taking anything away, quit your *****ing

OK so look above. Now lets talk ignorance, and no i am not refering to you as ignorant simply the thought that raising taxes on this ammo will help. If someone wants someone dead IMO they will pay any price. Now lets say they tax 223 ammo 500% right now I pay like 98 bucks for 200 rounds. Myself an friends can go through 1500 rounds on any given weekend. so i pay around 650 for a shooting weekend with discounts and stuff. Youre telling me that weekend will now be 5 times more expensive? Ok now who is being punished the 1% of the population that are sociopathic killers or the rest of us. Is that money from the taxes going to go to the families of these sociopathic killers? Ok maybe youre not a gun guy soooooo lets throw a little curve. All people who drive subarus are street racers and street racing is bad so lets impose a 500% increase on the parts for all subarus.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:54 PM

Just remember, you can always do a write in - I think something like a thousand people vote for 'Mickey Mouse' every election.

Thats one of the bigger problems with our electoral system - we are under the impression that only 2 candidates exist; Republican and Democrat.
If you want your vote to count, then yes, only 2 candidates exist. However, in states where it's obviously so one-sided, such as California, your vote for a presidential candidate doesn't really matter since Obama is obviously going to win the state, and therefore, all of CA's electoral votes. All you can hope to accomplish by voting for McCain is to show other CA conservatives that there are more than a few of you out there.

The term "assault weapon" is moronic - it doesn't mean anything. Under the assault weapon ban, the SAME gun with a 10rd magazine was ok, but if it had an 11rd magazine, it was an assault weapon. Can we say arbitrary? By supporting retarded legislation like the assault weapon ban, Obama is in a sense taking our guns away. Anything that infringes upon our right to keep and bear arms is one step closer to the disarmament of our society.

As for "armor piercing ammunition," any high-powered rifle round will penetrate body armor. By saying that you're trying to "broaden the scope" of "armor piercing ammunition" is to say that you are FOR taking away our rifles. Without ammo, what are these rifles supposed to shoot, marshmallows?
________
Bondage restraints

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by kyoung05
what are these rifles supposed to shoot, marshmallows?
Yes and I like my smores with two.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Shayhan27
OK so look above. Now lets talk ignorance, and no i am not refering to you as ignorant simply the thought that raising taxes on this ammo will help. If someone wants someone dead IMO they will pay any price. Now lets say they tax 223 ammo 500% right now I pay like 98 bucks for 200 rounds. Myself an friends can go through 1500 rounds on any given weekend. so i pay around 650 for a shooting weekend with discounts and stuff. Youre telling me that weekend will now be 5 times more expensive? Ok now who is being punished the 1% of the population that are sociopathic killers or the rest of us. Is that money from the taxes going to go to the families of these sociopathic killers? Ok maybe youre not a gun guy soooooo lets throw a little curve. All people who drive subarus are street racers and street racing is bad so lets impose a 500% increase on the parts for all subarus.
I'm sorry, but paraphrasing is not quoting.

I understand the logic though, and I don't agree with it. I don't agree in charging huge amounts on ammo. I'm pro 2nd amendment, but I'm also not someone who has shooting weekends, blowing through 1500(?!!?) rounds of .223

Having my rifle and hand gun for some target practice now and then and for self defense, bullets could cost me 5x more all day long. But lets face it, yes, it still not going to really deter bad guys from buying bullets.

Now, make bullets like $5000 each like Chris Rock says, then you'll see people only killing people for a reason.

Besides, like, what criminal uses rifles in crimes?!?! HELLO! They use ****ing handguns, so if hunters needs they're rifle bullets cheap, i think it's safe to say they'd stay that way.

Here's a good one- To purchase bullets of some kind you MUST show legal ownership of a compatible firearm. This would probably deter many criminals.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:12 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX

please see my nader vote

im registered green party hahhaha
Old School

Originally Posted by kyoung05
If you want your vote to count, then yes, only 2 candidates exist. However, in states where it's obviously so one-sided, such as California, your vote for a presidential candidate doesn't really matter since Obama is obviously going to win the state, and therefore, all of CA's electoral votes. All you can hope to accomplish by voting for McCain is to show other CA conservatives that there are more than a few of you out there.

The term "assault weapon" is moronic - it doesn't mean anything. Under the assault weapon ban, the SAME gun with a 10rd magazine was ok, but if it had an 11rd magazine, it was an assault weapon. Can we say arbitrary? By supporting retarded legislation like the assault weapon ban, Obama is in a sense taking our guns away. Anything that infringes upon our right to keep and bear arms is one step closer to the disarmament of our society.

As for "armor piercing ammunition," any high-powered rifle round will penetrate body armor. By saying that you're trying to "broaden the scope" of "armor piercing ammunition" is to say that you are FOR taking away our rifles. Without ammo, what are these rifles supposed to shoot, marshmallows?
There is a difference between regular ammo and armor piercing rounds like Rhino Bullets.

I mean to say they are the same is WRONG. People don't need bullets like Rhino bullets, regular bullets work just fine.
Old School

Originally Posted by sigma pi
please see my nader vote

im registered green party hahhaha
Dude, that's like, so LA... totally
Old 09-23-2008, 03:13 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
I'm sorry, but paraphrasing is not quoting.

I understand the logic though, and I don't agree with it. I don't agree in charging huge amounts on ammo. I'm pro 2nd amendment, but I'm also not someone who has shooting weekends, blowing through 1500(?!!?) rounds of .223

Having my rifle and hand gun for some target practice now and then and for self defense, bullets could cost me 5x more all day long. But lets face it, yes, it still not going to really deter bad guys from buying bullets.

Now, make bullets like $5000 each like Chris Rock says, then you'll see people only killing people for a reason.

Besides, like, what criminal uses rifles in crimes?!?! HELLO! They use ****ing handguns, so if hunters needs they're rifle bullets cheap, i think it's safe to say they'd stay that way.

Here's a good one- To purchase bullets of some kind you MUST show legal ownership of a compatible firearm. This would probably deter many criminals.

Good Point! In some cases already though pistol ammo is almost as much as rifle ammo.

I think bottom line though is it is important to us gun nut type people to have someone supportive of fire arm ownership. The NRA works so hard to bust down some of these laws that people come up with and some of them are rediculous and obama is not a gun supporter. I do agree there has to be more regulation but not restriction.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:27 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Krinkov
couldnt agree more,

Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about the christian/conservative rightwing.

So you take a picture of a group of inbred people who represent and support no one but themselves and try to compare it to years of government intrusion which is backed, by and large, by the general Democratic voting public?

I could post a counter picture of some fools in Portland burning and dragging American flags through the streets, but that is of no real consequence to anyone but their sick, twisted group who thinks thats a productive way to conduct yourself.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:41 PM

Car Info: .
I mean to say they are the same is WRONG. People don't need bullets like Rhino bullets, regular bullets work just fine.
Slippery slope, wants/needs are very subjective and once we embark on that journey we generally start to see laws that do nothing but hurt people who follow the law. The AW ban was a good one, I mean who 'needs' an AR-15?

And the Black Rhino thing was a huge media exaggeration: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...5/ai_n10179804
Old 09-23-2008, 03:52 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
No where in the constitution, bill of rights, etc, is there a hunting only clause, a limit on the amount of ammo or the type of ammo I may have.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting, but everything to do with preventing tyrannical gov't from gaining power.

If you do not like guns, that's fine with me, don't buy one.
But my God Given/Natural Right to own any type of fire arm I deem necessary to have to protect myself, my family, my neighbors, and my country from tyranny.

And yes, the gov't today is tyrannical and needs some "persuasion" from the people.

Quick Reply: Does Obama want to ban guns and rifles?