Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Does Obama want to ban guns and rifles?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
it was inflammatory and I wasn't trying to be.

Either way we could argue about semantics all day long. My point is that to use fundamentalist and Sikh in the same sentence is stupid, because todays definition of fundamentalist is closely tied to Islamic extremists, Christian fundamentalist's and things like that. One of the main Sikh beliefs include the equality of everyone regardless of race, creed, religion, sex, etc. I would hardly group those with the likes of people who blow themselves up or blow up other things in the name of their religion.
While mostly true, there are just a small handful of areas where Sikhs may have meddled in Terrorism, but many of the men to ever stand trial were acquitted of the accusation of master minding the air india bombing of 1985, with one guy admitted to help make the bomb itself and he was of course found guilty.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:45 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
The fact that Hindus give anybody a hard time sounds like an oxymoron.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:05 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
The orgins could easily be from a time long before Sikhism which is 15th (14xx AD) century, and from the middle east, it's something I've ever looked up.

But what I do know is that Indians wearing turbans is something that was done in India for at least 2 millennium, don't know about longer than that. Hindu's have worn turbans for quite a long time before the start of the Sikh religion, so have Muslims, and other peoples who aren't even related to either religion, like Moroccans in Roman times.

So I wear a turban more cause it's a cultural thing than a religious thing because personally I believe reglion is a persona thing, and not to be imposed onto others. Personally, I don't believe in much of my Sikhism says, mostly because over the years it went from being super peaceful into super militant (due to the never ending assault and persecution of Sikhs by the Muslims ans Hindus of the times). Today we are only really persecuted by Hindus, not by Muslims any longer.

So, no, I don't agree with your comment about pot kettle thing. It's known that only a small portion of any religion are the ones who claim fundamentalism and cause issues within a more accepting and tolerant society. It's just that in the past we've had large movements in Islam and Christianity for conversions, and for the most part these are gone, but entirely. I don't feel I'm a hypocrite due to my unlikely of fundamentalists, of any religion...
alot of christians were into the crusaides
Old 10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by sigma pi
alot of christians were into the crusaides

Muslim woman beaten to death by a Hindu mob during riots in mumbai in 07. [threadtopic]if she had a gun maybe she could have defended herself?[/threadtopic]
Old 10-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
The fact that Hindus give anybody a hard time sounds like an oxymoron.
Well, they are def a group that feels power in numbers, and over there, they have the numbers.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by irrational x

Muslim woman beaten to death by a Hindu mob during riots in mumbai in 07. [threadtopic]if she had a gun maybe she could have defended herself?[/threadtopic]
There aren't gunlaws in india really. Every home in Punjab has guns for protection for instance. In large cities like mumbai you probably can't easily carry a gun on you openly... The issue with her is, she's a woman.

Gender roles and the caste system stops people like her from being victim.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:25 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
There aren't gunlaws in india really. Every home in Punjab has guns for protection for instance. In large cities like mumbai you probably can't easily carry a gun on you openly... The issue with her is, she's a woman.

Gender roles and the caste system stops people like her from being victim.
Huh?

She looks like a victim to me.

And please explain Mr Weaver's "ULTRA FUNDAMENTAL religious beliefs"?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:20 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
From my cold, dead hands........I love my country but there'll be hell to pay when someone comes to collect mine. Bring an Army.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
From my cold, dead hands........I love my country but there'll be hell to pay when someone comes to collect mine. Bring an Army.
Luckily for everyone I don't forsee this ever happening.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Huh?

She looks like a victim to me.

And please explain Mr Weaver's "ULTRA FUNDAMENTAL religious beliefs"?
Sorry I typed that incorrectly, I mean it stops her from NOT being a victim. My apologies.

Weaver? He WAS a believer in the biblical stories (note: biblical version) of Apocalypse. He was a apocalypsical or something along those lines. Same sect Sarah Palin used to belong to. He's now an atheist, seen his wrong doings. She's moved on to a less, hmmm, negative thinking/seeing sect.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:37 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Luckily for everyone I don't forsee this ever happening.
But it already has happend...
Old 10-22-2008, 12:08 PM

I watched the CNN Part 1 "spin" video and the Part 2 "reality" video.

I can see why they wanted to confiscate weapons, but they also had no right to do so. The DEA treated the Constitution like it it could be ignored to work in their favor.

I'm shocked there wasn't any legal recourse from the citizens. I CA you can rest assured there would have been several class action law suites. There shouldn't be any reason why the police and DEA get away with that.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
While I don't agree with what happened. The police and the people trying to restore order down there were in a very tough spot. I know Officers that went down there to lend a hand and were getting shot at day and night, it was the wild wild west. It was a state of emergency.

They should not have taken guns from everyone only the people committing crimes but they made a choice to try and help the situation down there at the time. In retrospect it was definitely the wrong choice. I'm curious to know if you can own a gun in New Orleans now and how the laws work post-Katrina.

Also I want to get everyone's take on this. It was over a year ago but I want to know what everyone thinks about this.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/ar...715/23guns.htm
Old 10-23-2008, 09:32 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Also I want to get everyone's take on this. It was over a year ago but I want to know what everyone thinks about this.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/ar...715/23guns.htm
I see this as proof that gun control laws do not work.

The alleged gun shop could have been shut down years ago...if the local gov't really wanted to enforce the laws.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:00 AM

I see this as proof that gun control laws do not work.

The alleged gun shop could have been shut down years ago...if the local gov't really wanted to enforce the laws.
So what do you propose as a solution? If there are failed attempts to fix real problems do we forfeit the efforts and just ignore the problem, or do we try and find a better solution?

Quick Reply: Does Obama want to ban guns and rifles?