Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Democratic National Convention

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:00 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS(Ti)
Democratic National Convention

Well, with all the political fodder that is going to get tossed around this week, I figure I might as well start a thread on this topic.

I really would like to hear why people plan to vote for Bush or Kerry, or whoever. I'm sick of hearing why Bush sucks or Kerry Sucks, etc. I'm just as guilty of Bush Bashing as the next guy.

I think Kerry will build back the relationships with other nations that have been tarnished in the past few years. I also think that he will show more care for the middle class than the current administration, particularly with Edwards input.

I thoroughly enjoyed Clinton's speech. I belive the man is truly a genius. To read some good articles, quotes, and vid clips look here: http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ain/index.html

Let's hear why you support your candidate...
Old 07-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I think Bush is btter than Kerry, because Bush acts where others would have talked their way out of it. But in all honesty, president bashing is pretty common, so no matter who does what, people will still bash him.

I liked Clinton a lot too. He was DA MAN!
Old 07-27-2004, 04:41 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
bush = all that is man
kerry = all that is not

kerry can't even throw a baseball
theres my un-educated contribution of the day

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 07-27-2004, 05:12 PM

Kerry enlisted in the Navy to fight in Vietnam while Bush deserted the Air National Guard.

Who is really a man of action?
Old 07-27-2004, 05:23 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
*sigh*

kerry can't even throw a baseball
Do I even need to say anything?
Attached Thumbnails Democratic National Convention-wuuzy.jpg  
Old 07-27-2004, 07:23 PM

I'm voting for Bushy. He might not be perfect but at least he has *****. Besides, if we vote for Kerry, it will only be a matter of time until he begins to have tea parties with our enemies.

-SZ

Last edited by SUB-ZERO; 07-27-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by MonkeyAB
Kerry enlisted in the Navy to fight in Vietnam while Bush deserted the Air National Guard.

Who is really a man of action?

Yeah, and then in uniform he stood in front of congress and bashed the very thing he was representing.....hippy queer.

-SZ

Last edited by SUB-ZERO; 07-27-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:55 PM

Yeah, and then in uniform he stood in front of congress and bashed the very thing he was representing.....hippy queer.
Um, we should'nt have been in vietnam in the first place, and he did that nearly 30 years ago. It was a dumb thing to do, but he was pretty young, and I'm sure he wasn't thinking about the long-term implications of it - and after getting 3 purple hearts I'm sure its pretty easy to let your emotions whip-crack your brain a bit. I think it's kinda funny that everytime a president or presidential hopeful slips and reveals a human flaw, we all pick at it - whether its bush constantly crashing his mountain bike or tripping over the words his speechwriter wrote him or kerry's makeup artist getting buck-wild with the blush, or just the fact that he looks like a melting muppet. George Bush sr. obviously could'nt throw fer isht, nor probably any president within the last 50 years, and thats ok - because their job isnt to throw manly fastballs, its to run a damn country. I don't care if he is 7 feet tall, dresses like liberace and speaks japanese with a peurto rican accent - if he can run the country or keep it from sinking, hey - he's doin alright. Your "hippy queer" statement just reminds me of all the idiot hicks i grew up with in the hills. Hey man, you figgerd out how to usere' compooter man! woohooo! wellcome to Iclub my man!
Old 07-27-2004, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO

-SZ
Which is certainly VERY American.

I have only one other thing to say: Barack Obama is THE man! He does wonders to unite all of us partisans.

"There is not a Liberal America and a Conservative America. There is a United States of America."

"We worship an awesome God in the Blue States, and we don't like federal agents poking around our libraries in the Red States. We coach little leauge in the blue states and we have some gay friends in the Red States."

read more here:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ain/index.html
Old 07-28-2004, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by constellation
Um, we should'nt have been in vietnam in the first place, and he did that nearly 30 years ago. It was a dumb thing to do, but he was pretty young, and I'm sure he wasn't thinking about the long-term implications of it - and after getting 3 purple hearts I'm sure its pretty easy to let your emotions whip-crack your brain a bit. I think it's kinda funny that everytime a president or presidential hopeful slips and reveals a human flaw, we all pick at it - whether its bush constantly crashing his mountain bike or tripping over the words his speechwriter wrote him or kerry's makeup artist getting buck-wild with the blush, or just the fact that he looks like a melting muppet. George Bush sr. obviously could'nt throw fer isht, nor probably any president within the last 50 years, and thats ok - because their job isnt to throw manly fastballs, its to run a damn country. I don't care if he is 7 feet tall, dresses like liberace and speaks japanese with a peurto rican accent - if he can run the country or keep it from sinking, hey - he's doin alright. Your "hippy queer" statement just reminds me of all the idiot hicks i grew up with in the hills. Hey man, you figgerd out how to usere' compooter man! woohooo! wellcome to Iclub my man!
Actually I'm a network engineer with a computer science degree, so I can assure you I can use a computer pretty well. Also, I'm farther from being a hick than you probably are considering my parents are Cuban and my ancestors or Spanish. Now, in Vietnam Kerry was a commissioned officer in the Navy. I'm in the Navy and I can assure you that we are trained not to do anything we migth regret if seen on CNN. Keryy had the nerve, as a Naval Officer, to stand in front of the Lincoln memorial, IN UNIFORM, with Jane Fonda and BASH the very thing he represented. I'm in the Navy and I've had to do some pretty ****ty things but I will never dishonor myself and my shipmates by doing what he did, especially after so many people have died for it. To see a man of such low moral and character who couldn't even represent his country honorably 30 years ago would lead me to think he will do the same now....when our country needs it more.

Also, if I recall, he threw those medals away 30 years ago. Now look at him, like a little biatch on his knees trying to find them, using them as if he was actually a hero. I bet the men on his unit don't think he was a hero, he couldn't even lead a small boat back then less alone a country today.

-SZ
Old 07-28-2004, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by MonkeyAB
Which is certainly VERY American.

I have only one other thing to say: Barack Obama is THE man! He does wonders to unite all of us partisans.

"There is not a Liberal America and a Conservative America. There is a United States of America."

"We worship an awesome God in the Blue States, and we don't like federal agents poking around our libraries in the Red States. We coach little leauge in the blue states and we have some gay friends in the Red States."

read more here:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ain/index.html

I've been reading about him, he definatley sees things the right way. We need someone like him (even though he's democrat) to give us a hand in helping our country.

-SZ
Old 07-28-2004, 08:35 AM

Actually I'm a network engineer with a computer science degree, so I can assure you I can use a computer pretty well. Also, I'm farther from being a hick than you probably are considering my parents are Cuban and my ancestors or Spanish. Now, in Vietnam Kerry was a commissioned officer in the Navy. I'm in the Navy and I can assure you that we are trained not to do anything we migth regret if seen on CNN. Keryy had the nerve, as a Naval Officer, to stand in front of the Lincoln memorial, IN UNIFORM, with Jane Fonda and BASH the very thing he represented. I'm in the Navy and I've had to do some pretty ****ty things but I will never dishonor myself and my shipmates by doing what he did, especially after so many people have died for it. To see a man of such low moral and character who couldn't even represent his country honorably 30 years ago would lead me to think he will do the same now....when our country needs it more.
I dont know, at least he went to vietnam, you know? Gdub just went awol, hung off his daddies wallet and partied his *** off. Then he found jesus, so i guess it nullifies everything he did that would have prevented him from being eligible for presidency. You want a good leader? Sorry man, not this election. Kerry is a spoiled intellectual pansy, and Bush is a spoiled idiot cowboy. We're screwed both ways.

We need someone like him (even though he's democrat) to give us a hand in helping our country.
Even though he's a democrat? Did you read anything this guy was saying? Thats the equivalent of saying "That Martin Luther King had some good points on equality, even though he's a nig^er.".

Now kerry wasn't bashing his fellow soldiers - they didnt want to be in vietnam either - it was a stupid political statement aimed at the government for wasting so many soldiers lives for nothing, and it's backfired on his ***. It's pretty cheesy he is trying to stand behind them now - but, lets look at where Kerry was versus where Bush was 30 years ago. If you like Bush, then where they were obviously has no impact on how good of a leader they are.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:35 AM

So SUB-ZERO, seems as if you're not voting for Kerry. Who do you plan on voting for and why?
Old 07-28-2004, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by constellation
I dont know, at least he went to vietnam, you know? Gdub just went awol, hung off his daddies wallet and partied his *** off. Then he found jesus, so i guess it nullifies everything he did that would have prevented him from being eligible for presidency. You want a good leader? Sorry man, not this election. Kerry is a spoiled intellectual pansy, and Bush is a spoiled idiot cowboy. We're screwed both ways.
True, I can see your point. Although I'm voting for Bush this election because I like his approach towards national defense, policies on terrorism and relationship with the US Military, I do agree that both candidates are not the best. It's like choosing between a Chrysler and a Plymouth, they both suck but you need one to get you to school.

Even though he's a democrat? Did you read anything this guy was saying? Thats the equivalent of saying "That Martin Luther King had some good points on equality, even though he's a nig^er.".
The guy makes good points and is well versed, we need somebody like him but I still think he needs so more time to gain political experience. He already has the knowledge and drive, all he needs is time to season and solidify his position on many topics. He surely is a rising star but by no means is he ready for a major political role just yet.

Now kerry wasn't bashing his fellow soldiers - they didnt want to be in vietnam either - it was a stupid political statement aimed at the government for wasting so many soldiers lives for nothing, and it's backfired on his ***. It's pretty cheesy he is trying to stand behind them now - but, lets look at where Kerry was versus where Bush was 30 years ago. If you like Bush, then where they were obviously has no impact on how good of a leader they are.

Like Clinton and most Dems, Kerry is a scheister that will say and do anything that will get him the presidency even if it holds no truth. I remember when Clinton was in power, I worked for The White House Communications Staff for a while. Did you know that at no time were miitary members allowed in the White house in uniform. He despised us [military], although in public he praised us...sometimes. At least with Bush, what you see is what you get. He might not be perfect but at least he's honest and hard-charging.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:58 AM

Like Clinton and most Dems, Kerry is a scheister that will say and do anything that will get him the presidency even if it holds no truth.
Hey, remember that time Bush lost the popular vote?

Quick Reply: Democratic National Convention