Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Come on, admit it...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 10:03 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Come on, admit it...

How many of the conservatives in this forum would be placidly accepting it if Kerry had won? Would you seriously have come here, said "good job liberals" and left it at that? Or wouldn't you have said that, in your opinion, we're all screwed? go on, tell me you wouldn't have been upset...
Old 11-03-2004, 10:48 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
I would not. If the American public would have voted him in, I would have gone on with my life and deal with it

unlike yourself.. that is now posting all these threads to make yourself feel better
Old 11-03-2004, 10:58 PM

I hate them both, we're all screwed.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:08 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by Scott@S-Squared
unlike yourself.. that is now posting all these threads to make yourself feel better
That's exactly what I'm doing. I'll be done soon.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Honestly, Scott is right. Now matter how soulless, corrupt and evil GWB is, he still can't kill America. He will most certainly try, but America is stronger then his ineptitude.

Seriously though, in reality GWB or Kerry wouldn't have changed much. Sure, I think Kerry had a chance at being slightly better, but in the end it really doesn't matter too much. Neither candidate was honestly different enough to bring about any sort of revolution (no matter how much some people seemed to want it).

Bush won, yay for Bush. Now cut my taxes. If I gotta put up with a Repub in the White House, I at least want lower taxes.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I would have accepted John Kerry in a heartbeat. Not because I liked him but because the people voted for him. This is the major difference between conservatives and liberals IMHO... Although I'm a moderate Republican by a long shot, I understand how the cookie crumbles and am not one to complain if I didn't get milk with that cookie.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:01 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
I would have accepted John Kerry in a heartbeat. Not because I liked him but because the people voted for him. This is the major difference between conservatives and liberals IMHO... Although I'm a moderate Republican by a long shot, I understand how the cookie crumbles and am not one to complain if I didn't get milk with that cookie.
Thats a blanket statement that I don't think needs to be made. I'm a liberal, and while I'm not happy about Bush getting re-elected. I'm not whining. I'm just afraid for the country.

I agree with nKoan when he says there isn't a major difference and that Kerry may not have done much different. But the difference to me is the attitude. I hate Bush's "I'm not wrong and have never been" attitude and his cowboy swagger. He doesn't listen to anybody except his advisors and doesn't do well when told that he is wrong, as is evidenced by the first debate.

This scares me. I liked Kerry for this exact reason. He is known in the Senate to be a thinker and an intellect. I feel that this is the way a president should be. I'm not whining, but I am truly scared for our country.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:06 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by njc200
Thats a blanket statement that I don't think needs to be made. I'm a liberal, and while I'm not happy about Bush getting re-elected. I'm not whining. I'm just afraid for the country.
You're foolish if you thought I meant every Tom, Dick and Harry liberal in the land. I too know some liberals that haven't complained in some pretty ****ty times. It's more of what i've been seeing this last 32hrs that's really put the icing on the cake. Just browse Nasioc's PP for 5 minutes to get the vibe... it's childish at best.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:08 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Heck, it wouldn't be the end of the world. It might bring about the end of the world, but not immediately =).
Old 11-04-2004, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by Salty
Just browse Nasioc's PP for 5 minutes to get the vibe... it's childish at best.
Hey, I went there once. Its "fun"
Old 11-04-2004, 09:33 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Had Kerry won, I would have accepted him as the elected President of this country...right/wrong, good/bad, he's the Boss.
'Cause in the end, whoever is the president really doesn't affect my life.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
C'mon Oaf and Salty... be honest. You would have accepted Kerry simply because you would know in your heart his win would likely keep Hillary out of office.

-Chris

p.s. I like Hillary no more than any conservative, so Bush's win was a double (bad) whammy for me.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:56 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Ooooh...Hillary's sooo hot...same goes for her hot little trollop of a daughter...
Old 11-04-2004, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Oaf
Had Kerry won, I would have accepted him as the elected President of this country...right/wrong, good/bad, he's the Boss.
'Cause in the end, whoever is the president really doesn't affect my life.
Really? I guarantee you we'd have see an increase in income taxes accross the board, and higher gas taxes at the pump. We'd also watch what's left of our culture get shat on, and watch religion get removed from everything.

Think I'm wrong? The 50's american culture by today's standard is considered EXTREMISM!!! People are sick of liberals and their athiest agenda. Did you notice that Kerry got literally all of the athiest votes per exit polling? This stuff does affect your life. It's like boiling a frog to death.... it has no idea what is going on if you slowly raise the heat.

The mass media would make you think that Bush was the extremist, and that he represented a fringe minority regarding gay marriage. Now look what's happened. Even though BUSH is for civil unions, the outright ban of gay marriage and gay civil unions passed EASILY in 11 states.

Wake up, folks. Kerry didn't lose because he looks like Frankenstein.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
C'mon Oaf and Salty... be honest. You would have accepted Kerry simply because you would know in your heart his win would likely keep Hillary out of office.

-Chris

p.s. I like Hillary no more than any conservative, so Bush's win was a double (bad) whammy for me.
Nope... not even in the slightest, Chris.

I actually think Democrats are in for another rude awakening if they think Hillary will win in 2008. Some Democrats may think this country is ready for a woman in office but I'd put all my money on the donkey party getting slammed by the vast majority of Christian, Catholics, LDS's and those that are for a more traditional family. Hell, I bet half of the Democratic party's men will follow suit and vote against her too because they’ll be damned if a woman is bringing home the bacon.

Quick Reply: Come on, admit it...