Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Columbia Univ. School of Journalism: U.S. Election Coverage Harder on Bush than Kerry

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 09:48 PM

OOOOH mod fight mod fight bets on the Republican since they have all the guns. Bastards!@!
Old 04-19-2005, 10:06 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
hahaha... beeeeeyotch
Old 04-19-2005, 05:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
and i am unsticking this and re opening it because i think you closing it and sticking it ****ing bull****.

cheers

dre
Fine.

Now let's see the evidence against this.

cheers,

Eric
Old 04-19-2005, 05:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
show me evidence that your point of view is right, and mine is wrong.

evidence is for heathens!

and if you want to know about bias look no furthur then those who claim to be "fair and balanced"....
Old 04-19-2005, 09:02 PM
VIP Member

show me evidence that your point of view is right, and mine is wrong.

evidence is for heathens!

and if you want to know about bias look no furthur then those who claim to be "fair and balanced"....

What are you talking about? It wouldn't have been an accurate study unless they cover Fox. It doesn't say whether or not they cover fox but I’m willing to give Columbia University some credit in their graduate research (3rd best journalism school in the Nation). It's not like we're dealing with Sierra College here.

Evidence is for heathens? Tell me that the next time a cop pulls you over for breaking the speed limit or when that child molester roams the streets because we didn’t actually catch him in the act.

Oh and BTW... here's the article seeing how the one in the initial post has been down for sometime: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=578904
Try and actually read the article instead of pretending to have clicked the link in order to cling to your usual bias. What was that about fair and balanced?

EDIT: I'm going to sticky this for Dre. I'm sure he'll unsticky it again which is fine by me. I just want to make sure he answers this post.

Last edited by Salty; 04-20-2005 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:34 PM

I just reread this thread and had two quick comments:

1. Thinking out loud, could Bush's relatively low popularity rating may have contributed to the "bad press"? Furthermore, did the percentage of this type of coverage (negativity towards President) increase or stay constant to the previous year's, pre-election coverage?

2. I mentioned this earlier, but if a preponderance of people watch Fox News (a network that caters to the right), wouldnt these findings be kind of useless? I would even boldly say that person for person, more people were subjected to right-leaning bias than left-leaning bias from television news
Old 04-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Salty you are right that this election was harder on bush than any previous canidate.

That being said.... who cares? You made your point, the media was bias against him. Lets move on.

Aren't we suppose to talk about how liberals whine?
Old 04-20-2005, 01:42 PM

Looked up "Project for Excellence in Journalism" and they look legit and not as right-leaning as I had hoped.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:07 PM
VIP Member

seriously im not ****ing around stop sticking this bull**** or i will **** can it out right and ban your ***
Old 04-21-2005, 06:09 PM
VIP Member

and i dont have much time to sit here and **** away cycles looking up meaningless **** on the intraweb to argue about..

Nothing we say will amount to **** you arent in a posistion to force change nor am i at the moment, so stop wasting your damn time with talking and start ****ing doing i say.

*goes back to his coding*
Old 04-21-2005, 06:35 PM
VIP Member

seriously im not ****ing around stop sticking this bull**** or i will **** can it out right and ban your ***
Old 04-22-2005, 01:12 AM
VIP Member

best place evar for this thread...

zoeb if salty crys about me moving it here feel free to move it back..

but most likely ill just move it the **** back here again..

last thing we need is a mod being a bias dick about things

*evil grin*
Old 04-22-2005, 01:13 AM
VIP Member

i vote this thread most useless thread evar...
Old 04-22-2005, 08:32 PM
VIP Member

Why is it useless? Because you can't possibly refute the study which makes you want to unsticky it and threaten to send it directly to the dumpster for a second time? And this whole time you thought Bush was the fascist?! Go ahead and try, Dre. I know how you like to disregard evidence with your posts. A piece of fuselage could be directly in front of the pentagon and you wouldn't budge.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:31 PM

I'll make this quick... your talking about opinion here so whatever you concluded is very biased. Also historically the President usually gets hit harder than the challenger. Its that simple. That said my sister, father, brothers, and friends opinnion of this matter was that the media was going to easy on Jr. on the last election. Especially concidering the debates. Also a lot of issues that should of been brought up didn't get brought up at all. This President has so many flaws but hardly any were brought up. But of course our opinions are biased, just like this article.

Besides that you two make up and move on.

Quick Reply: Columbia Univ. School of Journalism: U.S. Election Coverage Harder on Bush than Kerry