Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Clinton slams Bush on Katrina, war, budget

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 09:38 AM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Clinton slams Bush on Katrina, war, budget

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...y_050918200308

wow.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:45 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by scoobsport98
Is this any surprise?
Old 09-19-2005, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Is this any surprise?
Well, it's the first time he has openly criticised Bush this harshly, which, if you read the whole article (or any of it for that matter), is the first time any former president has done this to a successor.

So, is Clinton out of line or is Bush really F'ing things up? Don't make me mention the approval rating again....

On a side note- How about some subsatnce from one of you Bush supporters for a change... Your posts have all been rather short lately - what's wrong?
Old 09-19-2005, 10:40 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Actually Dumb, it is a bit of a surprise. Clinton has been working with Bush Sr. extensively to rebuild the areas hit by natural disasters (SE Asia and the gulf regions of US).

For Clinton to bring this up at this time, he must either feel that it is compelling to do so or he has a political agenda. I would say that both are probably true.

George W is really starting to show how much of a lame-duck president he will be for the remainder of his term.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by dub2w

George W is really starting to show how much of a lame-duck president he will be for the remainder of his term.
Yeah - and I think he's gonna have a hard time cleaning everything up at the last minute to give the Rep's any chance in 08. (you may laugh now.... )
Old 09-19-2005, 12:15 PM

Car Info: Sline
Actually Dumb, it is a bit of a surprise. Clinton has been working with Bush Sr. extensively to rebuild the areas hit by natural disasters (SE Asia and the gulf regions of US).

For Clinton to bring this up at this time, he must either feel that it is compelling to do so or he has a political agenda. I would say that both are probably true.

Yeah, I was surprised for this reason as well. I don't have time to read the whole thing now cuz I'm in class. If I'm free later I'll try to get caught up in teh Politics thread
Old 09-19-2005, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
The Iraq war diverted US attention from the war on terrorism "and undermined the support that we might have had," Bush said in an interview with an ABC's "This Week" programme.

:rotfl:

I think he's just riding the poll numbers and setting things up for him and his wife. Most every criticizim in that article can be easily disputed by the other side.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 09-19-2005 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:38 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN

I think he's just riding the poll numbers and setting things up for him and his wife. Most every criticizim in that article can be easily disputed by the other side.

I think it's definetly all worth considering. He makes valid points but I'm suspecting some external motives. Not to say he isn't right but he anyone can point out wrong doing and Bush could easily criticize Clinton's time in office.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
I think it's definetly all worth considering.
I do too, I thought that specific quote was funny because I really don't think Bush would have admitted that.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
I do too, I thought that specific quote was funny because I really don't think Bush would have admitted that.

HAHA Must have been a typo.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry

I partially agree. The thing about politics at this level is that everyone knows the name of the game and how dirty that game can get. Clinton and Bush Sr. could go hit a bucket of ***** within the hour and everything would be fine. Considering Clinton's wife may run in 2008 and Clinton is idolized by the Dem and Liberal community, you're damn skippy there's a political agenda. I wouldn't expect anything less in politics and either would Bush Jr. or Sr.

Last edited by Salty; 09-19-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:38 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers

Agreed... Clinton wants to be president again... this time by proxy
Old 09-19-2005, 03:26 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Agreed... Clinton wants to be president again... this time by proxy
... or his wife.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:30 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Though there is most likely a political agenda too, I do not believe that this is purely political. This is a big deal to break the unsaid "be nice to your sucessor" rule, and I don't think he would do that just for a political agenda (maybe he would, but IMO no).

Plus, he brings up good points that are obviously thought out as he has had a long time to put them together so I say +1 for Clinton.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:59 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
So, if Clinton sez that no WMDs existed, why did he make comments to the contrary & bomb Iraq?

During Clinton's reign, no poor people existed in New Orleans?

"If we really wanted to do it right, we would have had lots of buses lined up to take them out," Clinton.

:rotfl: Hasn't that asshat seen The Picture?

BTW, the % of people at/below poverty level is less today than when Herr Klinton was ruling.

Last edited by FW Motorsports; 09-19-2005 at 08:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Clinton slams Bush on Katrina, war, budget