Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush Suckerpunch

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 09:04 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Bush Suckerpunch

This is from the '69 yale yearbook.
Attached Thumbnails Bush Suckerpunch-bushsuckerpunch.gif  
Old 08-11-2004, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Did the victim of that punch get recommended for a Purple Heart?
Old 08-11-2004, 09:25 AM

Did the victim of that punch get recommended for a Purple Heart?

I knew you'd come back with a little quip like that salty, hahaha, like clockwork - like a snappy haircut - i can always count on you. For someone who claims to not like bush you sure do stick up for him alot. I think he is an idiot, and i love laughing at his antics, which will no doubt rise way past dan quayle's legacy. Having someone like him in office fills my heart with such hopelessness that i just have to laugh.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:37 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
i must admit, though, that it is bad-*** he has a photo like that in a yearbook. they are playing a violent sport, and there should be some blood-shed!

i hope my fellow liberals dont turn this into a "Bush is such a hawk" campaign

btw... this has to help his cheerleading image (me thinks the Bush team released the photo)

Old 08-11-2004, 09:38 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
For someone who claims to not like bush you sure do stick up for him alot.
Although I don't like either candidate, I’d rather see Bush get re-elected which explains why i'm willing to stick up for him instead of Kerry. Regardless of Bush's missing records, I’ve actually served with men like Kerry that put themselves in for awards they never should have received. ALL OF THEM were whining, kiss-*** babies and I hated them all. That said, Kerry leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I’d rather take Bush's side on the smear campaign.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
OMFg that picture rocks!! haha
Old 08-11-2004, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
Although I don't like either candidate, I’d rather see Bush get re-elected which explains why i'm willing to stick up for him instead of Kerry. Regardless of Bush's missing records, I’ve actually served with men like Kerry that put themselves in for awards they never should have received. ALL OF THEM were whining, kiss-*** babies and I hated them all. That said, Kerry leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I’d rather take Bush's side on the smear campaign.

You should really do your research on what type of person Kerry was while he was in the service. Maybe you got fooled by that new ad that came out about his service. Thats the only way I think you could come up with such a, sorry to put it this way, stupid idea. That ad, just for those that don't know, was made by people that where not even in the same boat as Kerry.
""I deplore this kind of politics," McCain said. "I think the ad is dishonest and dishonorable. As it is, none of these individuals served on the boat (Kerry) commanded. Many of his crew have testified to his courage under fire. I think John Kerry served honorably in Vietnam. I think George Bush served honorably in the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War."" (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html) They are all republicans that did the same thing to John McCain when he ran versus Bush. Further more how can you even compare Kerry act of going of his free will and joining the army and almost certain death to what Bush did? Our lovely president did everything his father could do to get out of going to Vietnam. Further more every single individual that served with Kerry, fully supports him as a canidate. "The Kerry campaign has denounced the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, saying none of the men in the ad served on the boat that Kerry commanded. Three veterans on Kerry's boat that day -- Jim Rassmann, who says Kerry saved his life, Gene Thorson and Del Sandusky, the driver on Kerry's boat, said the group was lying on all fronts." (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html) What I really wanna know is where you got the idea that should of never recieved his medals. I would like some hard proof in that he put them in himself to get all his medals. And that he was a glory hound. One last little tibbit of information for you. You do know if they got three purple hearts they could leave and come home? Atleast Bush didn't have to lie about that to get out of the war. Him a war hero ha.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Atleast Bush didn't have to lie about that to get out of the war. Him a war hero ha.
True.

I have my reasons but thanks for posting that.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:03 PM

I have my reasons but thanks for posting that.
What are your reasons?
Old 08-11-2004, 02:53 PM

I think it would be intresting to see him back up the statements he made. Because it is very unlikey that he can. Kerry war record is very honorable while Jr's. isn't. Bush didn't have to lie because his dad got him out of the war. He did lie about the time he served though. Kerry never lied about his actions thats why I made that sarcastic statement. He is a war hero through and through. Even John McCain admits this, its a shame that more people don't take that into concideration before making blanket statements without PROOF. So Salty, you made those statements either back them or retract them.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:12 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Now, if someone can post either a picture of Kerry shooting that kid in the back or burning down a hooch...
Old 08-11-2004, 03:15 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
So Salty, you made those statements either back them or retract them.
I won't retract them even though my argument is weak in your eyes. You have to understand that as an ex-serviceman, i'm biased in my reasons.

There's no question that Kerry earned 1 PH wrongfully and an SS by violating SOP. The swift boat SOP was violated when he engaged the VC on the beach and when the corpsmen that worked on him testified in regard to the wounds they treated.

Besides what I’ve already mentioned in regard to wrongful awards "earned", here’s my reasons:

When you're in the military rumor spreads like wildfire. This is how soldiers know they’re going to war without actually being told by a commander (which could violate the security of the mission). They’re called “Joe-rumors” in the Army and are very common. You could have heard it through the grapevine that Pvt. Joe Snuffy wasn't good at PT when he wasn't in the same Unit, Battalion or Division.

I'll never be able to explain it you guys with proof but there's no question in my mind that Kerry was a sniveling ***** in uniform. I just can't fathom him as my commander in chief and the fact that he reminds me of too many ****bag soldiers I’ve run across makes it that much worse.

Call me biased on this all you want because I’ll be the first one to admit it. Hence the reason why I didn’t elaborate on what my reasons were in the previous post.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:23 PM

I'll never be able to explain it you guys with proof but there's no question in my mind that Kerry was a sniveling ***** in uniform. I just can't fathom him as my commander in chief and the fact that he reminds me of too many ****bag soldiers I’ve run across makes it that much worse.
But you prefer someone who went AWOL over this?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:37 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
But you prefer someone who went AWOL over this?
It's funny you mention this but, yes...

I've had to deal with a few AWOL individuals in the service and they never really bothered me.

They made a choice to leave the service and I respected their decisions more than someone who lied and cut corners for awards/decorations. It's all about integrity as far as i'm concerned...

They decided they couldn't hack the stress of military life, they made the choice to go AWOL and paid the price in the end.

I never encountered any ex-AWOL individuals that complained when MP's arrested them weeks or even months later. They were brought back to the company to initiate the out-process procedure and the most I ever heard out of them was "Damn, they're going to shave head again *chuckle*"
Old 08-11-2004, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
It's funny you mention this but, yes...
I've had to deal with a few AWOL individuals in the service and they never really bothered me.

Here's how I see it:

Liars are worse than cowards.

A cowardly liar really freaking sucks.

Last edited by subaruguru; 08-11-2004 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Bush Suckerpunch