Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush Lawyer Quits Re-Election Campaign

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 08:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Bush Lawyer Quits Re-Election Campaign

Kerry still has absolutely nothing on Bush with this recent event. If anything, I think it was a smart move by the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth to use one of Bush's election lawyer instead of one batting for the other team or even worse.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ans_group_bush

WASHINGTON - An election lawyer for President Bush who also has been advising a veterans group running TV ads against Democrat John Kerry resigned Wednesday from Bush's campaign...
Couldn't have said it better...

..."I feel I cannot let that continue, so I have decided to resign as national counsel to your campaign to ensure that the giving of legal advice to decorated military veterans, which was entirely within the boundaries of the law, doesn't distract from the real issues upon which you and the country should be focusing."
Even though I believe Bush had ties with the Swifties, I don't believe anyone will be able to directly connect him with hard evidence. You don't hire the best lawyers in the land to leave a giant paper trail directly to your name, right?

So far we have a resigned lawyer that just so happened to give advice to the Swiftties and some 527's from supporters of the Bush campaign. Both of these lead to absolutely dick...
Old 08-25-2004, 09:28 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
I think we're going to find plenty of things like this on both side. Does anyone really think that moveon.org is pushing for the 3rd party candidate? Of course not. I have already sites that have clarified the links to 527s on the Kerry side. One is at my hero's site: www.michaelsavage.com
Old 08-25-2004, 09:33 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Helladumb, have you ever seen the video clip of michael savage blowing up on the "sodomites" on live television?
Old 08-25-2004, 09:52 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
If anything, I think it was a smart move by the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth to use one of Bush's election lawyer instead of one batting for the other team or even worse.

Huh? Really? This was a huge political gaffe... for him to give legal council to a "non-partisan" 527 when he is serving on the president's legal council is absurd. If the tide was turned and it was moveon.org and Kerry you would be going apesh!t, and the weasels at FOX would have a field day.

See, this is exactly what is wrong with our political sh!tstem... we become so entangled in one ideology that we fail to recognize when there are lapses in judgement

Last edited by dub2w; 08-25-2004 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:22 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Kerry still has absolutely nothing on Bush with this recent event. If anything, I think it was a smart move by the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth to use one of Bush's election lawyer instead of one batting for the other team or even worse.
For the Bush administration, it was a dumb move politically unless the administration was going to publicly state that they have ties with this group - which they did not. For the attorney, it was a dumb move economically. The Bush campaign was paying Ginsberg to be the lead legal advisor, as they had done in the previous election. This 527 group was not paying him. Do you think he wanted to step down from the prestigous position he held in the campaign? No way! He was told to step down because his involvement, pro bono, with this group whom which the Bush administration denied having an alliance. The Bush administration said they weren't involved with the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth, however, there lead legal advisor was working for them, for free. People will interpret this in a way that suits their candidate - Bush supporters will say Ginsberg was insubordinate, Kerry supporters will say it is another example of Bush lying to the public. Regardless of your interpretation of the facts, I think it is a reasonable assumption that Ginsberg was canned.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:28 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub2w
If the tide was turned and it was moveon.org and Kerry you would be going apesh!t
I certainly would not!

This is politics... even though we're pretty damn sure Bush is connected to the Swifities, he policed his 3ft of space well [I]without doing anything illegal{/I] and I applaud him for that. If Kerry did the same then I’d have no choice but to applaud him on a similar "political hat-trick"

Everyone keeps forgetting that I DON'T LIKE BUSH EITHER. Maybe it'll stick into your head this time. If I liked Bush so much then I wouldn't have posted this article.

and the weasels at FOX would have a field day.
Just like the weasels at AP, ABC, MSNBC, (Al-Jazeera would be if they weren't suspended) etc. are having a field day with this story and every other anti-Bush story? Let's not compare biased new sources here, okay?... *sigh*
Old 08-25-2004, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
For the Bush administration, it was a dumb move politically unless the administration was going to publicly state that they have ties with this group - which they did not.
I agree with you! I was merely siding with the Swiftboat veterans that are trying to protect their nuts. Regardless, both circumstances make it look bad for Bush at this time.

The bottom line is there's nothing illegal with the attorney having other clients... even if they happen to be part of the same cause to rid of Kerry. Furthermore, there's no paper trail leading directly to Bush's wallet so can speculate all you want!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
The bottom line is there's nothing illegal with the attorney having other clients... even if they happen to be part of the same cause to rid of Kerry. Furthermore, there's no paper trail leading directly to Bush's wallet so can speculate all you want!

Illegal: no

Dumb: yes (hence getting canned as pointed out by Bling)

And who needs a paper trail when we have slug marks from Rove and co leading from Bush to the Swifters
Old 08-25-2004, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

Illegal: no

Dumb: yes (hence getting canned as pointed out by Bling)

point taken.

And who needs a paper trail when we have slug marks from Rove and co leading from Bush to the Swifters
You need a direct paper trail that leads directly to Bush's wallet this day and age. You can't prosecute someone with iffy "evidence" and hearsay, right?

Here's why…

There's also a slug marks leading to Kerry's military record, even with him admitting to war crimes, but it's not enough without direct evidence of said events. Likewise, there's slug trails all over Bush's records -or- lack thereof.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:00 AM

point taken.

You need a direct paper trail that leads directly to Bush's wallet this day and age. You can't prosecute someone with iffy "evidence" and hearsay, right?

Here's why…

There's also a slug marks leading to Kerry's military record, even with him admitting to war crimes, but it's not enough without direct evidence of said events. Likewise, there's slug trails all over Bush's records -or- lack thereof.
Exactly, and this is why it's politics, not law!

I tend to believe that Bush played a role in the Swiftboat ad campaign, because I think he is a liar and a weazel. But I'm also open to the idea that the swifties did not have any meaningful connection to the campaign. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter much as long as people make the effort to distinguish between truth and marketing. I am afraid most of us are a bit too susceptible to marketing, which is what modern politics revolves around.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
Exactly, and this is why it's politics, not law!
Fair enough... which gives you one more thing to think about when you fill out your ballot.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:28 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by constellation
Helladumb, have you ever seen the video clip of michael savage blowing up on the "sodomites" on live television?
Why do you think I call him "my hero?" I'm joking, of course.

BUT BACK ON SUBJECT, does anyone think there aren't links between the Kerry campaign and the anti-Bush 527 orgs?
Old 08-25-2004, 03:31 PM

I believe there are links between both parties and the 527's that advertise on their behalf. Let's be real!
The unique thing about the Swiftboats fellows, is that they are flat out lying, as opposed to just stretching the truth.