Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush is destroying our planet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 06:44 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Bush is destroying our planet!!!

Which one of you liberals wants to take this news and put the liberal spin on it?
I can hardly wait.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...t_pe/clean_air
Old 03-10-2005, 08:30 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Which one of you liberals wants to take this news and put the liberal spin on it?
I can hardly wait.
*snicker snicker*
dear god....
Do some homework, for every good initiative, how many negative?
hmmm?
I can hardly wait.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:57 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
I can hardly wait.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...t_pe/clean_air
So the air was peachy keen the last 5 years?
Old 03-11-2005, 11:07 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS(Ti)
helladumb,

thou hath proven thy name!

REJOICE!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 11:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Not trying to say bush is an enviornmentiliast but... was it peachy keen the last 15 years?

Can you really blame the air quality on the president? Look around the world... You'll have plenty of peeps to blame.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 03-11-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
Not trying to say bush is an enviornmentiliast but... was it peachy keen the last 15 years?

Can you really blame the air quality on the president? Look around the world... You'll have plenty of peeps to blame.
I was remarking on the fact that HD was trying to sing W's praises for doing something that not only should have been done years ago, like during his first term when he promised legislation like that, but also would have been done by pretty much any other sitting president. Or is he trying to claim that W is better for the environment than Kerry?
Old 03-11-2005, 11:57 PM
VIP Member

Who Knows. It's just funny when people criticize but don't offer a solution.
or when people "praise" without a relevant solution.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:10 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
i never really liked this forum, because all i see is people blaming people...
politics suck and i could really care less about who's responsible for what.
this entire article is bogus. even if kerry was president we all would still find something to pin on him.

this EPA cleaner air crap.... well its all a bunch of crap. i didn't even read the whole thing. everyone needs to stop being crybabies and get active and offer solutions and offering some positive and uplifting avenues for improvement.

the beginning of a screwed up enviroment began when man decided that fossil fuel was his essence of life. so blame bush jr., bush sr., clinton, reagan, carter, jfk... all of em.. and while you are at it blame yourselves for running no cats and burning fossil fuel in your performance vehicles just so you can get a rush off of speed. while 3rd world countries are suffering for our blatant use of natural resources which are depleting their resources which they use to live on... not splurge.

shame on me- shame on politicians- shame on all of us for being hypocrites to serve our own rights and beliefs.

i'm done. i guess i was kinda not positive but i really think politics sucks- because its really a Blame Forum.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 03-12-2005, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
I was remarking on the fact that HD was trying to sing W's praises for doing something that not only should have been done years ago
Hahahah there it is, folks! The liberal spin is that Bush doesn't deserve praise for doing anything that should have been done years ago. Aahhahahaha....nice.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:12 PM
VIP Member

I kinda agree that libs don't like to give him much credit for anything but it's not like he sucked the smog out of the air.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Hahahah there it is, folks! The liberal spin is that Bush doesn't deserve praise for doing anything that should have been done years ago. Aahhahahaha....nice.

Wait... are you claiming that it's "spin" when Georgie does something that's on the Democratic agenda? Yeah, good for him.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:41 AM

Revised Liberal Spin:

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Wait... are you claiming that it's "spin" when Georgie does something that's on the Democratic agenda? Yeah, good for him.
Ok, revised:
The liberal spin is that Bush doesn't deserve praise for doing anything that should have been done years ago, especially if it's on the liberal agenda.

Wait, that sounds like the official conservative position... heck, that's my position!
Old 03-15-2005, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
gdogg,

amen brother. fantastic post. for rizzle.

try not to mistake political bickering, be it in this forum or on the news, as a reason not to get involved. each one of us can make a difference in how things turn out for our kids and their kids.

peace
Old 03-16-2005, 10:59 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Bush has trashed the environment in so many ways, this barely means anything. Additionally and more importantly, the new regulations he's helping get passed are not nearly stringent enough.
Also, there's a new rule about Mercury in water...that's way too lenient. It's about on par with the levels of Mercury that third world countries allow. So overall, the environment is still being s***housed by Bush.
Do some more homework Helladumb...there are a lot of ways to make Jr look good, but the environment never was, isn't, and never will be one of them.

Last edited by MVWRX; 03-16-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:33 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Bush has trashed the environment in so many ways, this barely means anything. Additionally and more importantly, the new regulations he's helping get passed are not nearly stringent enough.
Also, there's a new rule about Mercury in water...that's way too lenient. It's about on par with the levels of Mercury that third world countries allow. So overall, the environment is still being s***housed by Bush.
Do some more homework Helladumb...there are a lot of ways to make Jr look good, but the environment never was, isn't, and never will be one of them.
I'm ignorant on this; can you show me how the environment is worse today than say 7 years ago?

Quick Reply: Bush is destroying our planet!!!