i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Bush is destroying our planet!!! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/bush-destroying-our-planet-92147/)

HellaDumb 03-10-2005 06:44 PM

Bush is destroying our planet!!!

Which one of you liberals wants to take this news and put the liberal spin on it?
I can hardly wait.

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050311/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/clean_air[/url]

constellation 03-10-2005 08:30 PM

[QUOTE]Which one of you liberals wants to take this news and put the liberal spin on it?
I can hardly wait.
[/QUOTE]

*snicker snicker*
dear god....
Do some homework, for every good initiative, how many negative?
hmmm?
I can hardly wait.

Kevin M 03-11-2005 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=HellaDumb]Which one of you liberals wants to take this news and put the liberal spin on it?
I can hardly wait.

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050311/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/clean_air[/url][/QUOTE]

So the air was peachy keen the last 5 years?

MonkeyAB 03-11-2005 11:07 PM

helladumb,

thou hath proven thy name!

REJOICE!!!

VIBEELEVEN 03-11-2005 11:12 PM

Not trying to say bush is an enviornmentiliast but... was it peachy keen the last 15 years?

Can you really blame the air quality on the president? Look around the world... You'll have plenty of peeps to blame.

Kevin M 03-11-2005 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=VIBEELEVEN]Not trying to say bush is an enviornmentiliast but... was it peachy keen the last 15 years?

Can you really blame the air quality on the president? Look around the world... You'll have plenty of peeps to blame.[/QUOTE]

I was remarking on the fact that HD was trying to sing W's praises for doing something that not only should have been done years ago, like during his first term when he promised legislation like that, but also would have been done by pretty much any other sitting president. Or is he trying to claim that W is better for the environment than Kerry? :rolleyes:

VIBEELEVEN 03-11-2005 11:57 PM

Who Knows. It's just funny when people criticize but don't offer a solution.
or when people "praise" without a relevant solution.

gdogg 03-12-2005 12:10 AM

i never really liked this forum, because all i see is people blaming people...
politics suck and i could really care less about who's responsible for what.
this entire article is bogus. even if kerry was president we all would still find something to pin on him.

this EPA cleaner air crap.... well its all a bunch of crap. i didn't even read the whole thing. everyone needs to stop being crybabies and get active and offer solutions and offering some positive and uplifting avenues for improvement.

the beginning of a screwed up enviroment began when man decided that fossil fuel was his essence of life. so blame bush jr., bush sr., clinton, reagan, carter, jfk... all of em.. and while you are at it blame yourselves for running no cats and burning fossil fuel in your performance vehicles just so you can [i]get a rush[/i] off of speed. while 3rd world countries are suffering for our blatant use of natural resources which are depleting their resources which they use to live on... not splurge.

shame on me- shame on politicians- shame on all of us for being hypocrites to serve our own rights and beliefs.

i'm done. i guess i was kinda [i]not positive[/i] but i really think politics sucks- because its really a [i]Blame Forum[/i].

[color=lime][size=1]aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*[/color][/size]

HellaDumb 03-12-2005 05:20 PM

[QUOTE=BAN SUVS]I was remarking on the fact that HD was trying to sing W's praises for doing something that not only should have been done years ago[/QUOTE]

Hahahah there it is, folks! The liberal spin is that Bush doesn't deserve praise for doing anything that should have been done years ago. Aahhahahaha....nice.

VIBEELEVEN 03-12-2005 11:12 PM

I kinda agree that libs don't like to give him much credit for anything but it's not like he sucked the smog out of the air. :rolleyes:

Kevin M 03-13-2005 01:53 AM

[QUOTE=HellaDumb]Hahahah there it is, folks! The liberal spin is that Bush doesn't deserve praise for doing anything that should have been done years ago. Aahhahahaha....nice.[/QUOTE]

Wait... are you claiming that it's "spin" when Georgie does something that's [i]on the Democratic agenda[/i]? Yeah, good for him.

HellaDumb 03-13-2005 08:41 AM

Revised Liberal Spin:

[QUOTE=BAN SUVS]Wait... are you claiming that it's "spin" when Georgie does something that's [i]on the Democratic agenda[/i]? Yeah, good for him.[/QUOTE]

Ok, revised:
The liberal spin is that Bush doesn't deserve praise for doing anything that should have been done years ago, especially if it's on the liberal agenda.

Wait, that sounds like the official conservative position... heck, that's my position!

dub2w 03-15-2005 01:03 PM

gdogg,

amen brother. fantastic post. for rizzle.

try not to mistake political bickering, be it in this forum or on the news, as a reason not to get involved. each one of us can make a difference in how things turn out for our kids and their kids.

peace

MVWRX 03-16-2005 10:59 AM

Bush has trashed the environment in so many ways, this barely means anything. Additionally and more importantly, the new regulations he's helping get passed are not nearly stringent enough.
Also, there's a new rule about Mercury in water...that's way too lenient. It's about on par with the levels of Mercury that third world countries allow. So overall, the environment is still being s***housed by Bush.
Do some more homework Helladumb...there are a lot of ways to make Jr look good, but the environment never was, isn't, and never will be one of them.

FW Motorsports 03-16-2005 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]Bush has trashed the environment in so many ways, this barely means anything. Additionally and more importantly, the new regulations he's helping get passed are not nearly stringent enough.
Also, there's a new rule about Mercury in water...that's way too lenient. It's about on par with the levels of Mercury that third world countries allow. So overall, the environment is still being s***housed by Bush.
Do some more homework Helladumb...there are a lot of ways to make Jr look good, but the environment never was, isn't, and never will be one of them.[/QUOTE]

I'm ignorant on this; can you show me how the environment is worse today than say 7 years ago?