Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

the brilliance of beheading.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by constellation
dear god, no, you idiot. I'm attacking those people because that **** is stupid. C'mon, that stuff is stupid, admit it. Handpainted wooden cows doing wacky things like skiing backwards? Oh no, be careful cow! THATS STUPID. Tiny barns and fake minature white picket fences with tiny 2d chickens behind it? RETARDED. Portrait of ted nugent with a beard - who is supposed to be jesus i guess - holding a bird and giving you a surfer wink? STUPID. Cutesey farmland scenes painted only in pastel watercolor washes with pseudo-inspirational lowbrow poems written underneath it. TERRIBLE. Thomas kinkaid. GAH. These things are stupid funked, and you know it. It doesnt matter if i'm from the coast, which i'm not, stupid things and stupid people transcend our geopolitcal boundries. Now paint an american eagle on the hood of your IROC and mix it with all the aforementioned ameri-gear and maybe throw in a bit of john cougar mellencamp, and *whallah*, i hate you. There is nothing i can say on this thread that does'nt get misinterpreted, and it seems bling was the only one who at least got my point.

ah well....
OK good answer.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:50 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I like the "pillhead" version of Connie...very funny cow hating stuff.

The beheading videos should be required viewing at schools.

OLMEK is correct in that lopping off the heads of one's enemy is a spectacular way of sending a message.
These videos are released to affect a reaction.
If no one reacted, I suppose that there would be no futher beheadings.

Think about it...you can name every American that has been beheaded but can't name the last 4 GI's that died in a road-side bombing.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Oaf
I like the "pillhead" version of Connie...very funny cow hating stuff.

The beheading videos should be required viewing at schools.

OLMEK is correct in that lopping off the heads of one's enemy is a spectacular way of sending a message.
These videos are released to affect a reaction.
If no one reacted, I suppose that there would be no futher beheadings.

Think about it...you can name every American that has been beheaded but can't name the last 4 GI's that died in a road-side bombing.

I'm confused, you advocate schools showng the videos and then go on to say that if no one payed attention to them they would stop.

-Chris
Old 09-22-2004, 09:02 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Sorry 'bout that, I was practicing my Kerryese.

I had two thoughts going on and F'ed up.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
So we're all in agreeance that these videos are real, correct?!

I watched both videos and think they are both very real indeed... right down to the stiffness of the limbs to the blood literally pouring from the neck.

I didn't want anyone here to discredit them with a similar tin foil theory like some people did with the Berg video and the white Wal-mart chair.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:06 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Oaf
Sorry 'bout that, I was practicing my Kerryese.

I had two thoughts going on and F'ed up.
Kerryese... very nice. It's okay, having more than one thought in your head at the same time causing you to F up is verry Bushesque of you.

In all seriousness I can see where you are coming from on both points regarding the video. On one hand, more people need to see what these animalistic people are doing to civilian contractors trying to help the people of Iraq. On the other hand, they make videos of thesze killings for one reason, and one reason only, propoganda. Therefore paying attention to them is only fullfilling their goal to terrorize. It's a bit of a Catch 22.

-Chris
Old 09-22-2004, 09:10 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
...It's okay, having more than one thought in your head at the same time causing you to F up is verry Bushesque of you. -Chris

Old 09-22-2004, 09:15 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS(Ti)
I'm gonna have to agree with Constellation here. If 'brilliant' is the right word to describe it or not is insignificant. The beheading is a highly effective method of terrorizing people.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by OLMEK
Throughout history the europeans (Spain's conquistadors, Napoleonic France {Guillotine}, English monarchs, Czar's, Goths etc etc etc), persians, mesoamericans (also by ritual), basically almost every single creed throughout the history of man has utilized this method of war.

So if it surprises you, the country in which you live in has sponsored and participated in a vast number of torture and terrorism, that it makes this media glorified chain of events look like a grain of sand in comparison.

Wake up my sons, and realize your savage origins and current environment.
I don't think it is right by any means, but the countless masses of so-called patriotic imbeciles that have their hog blood boiling from all the doublespeak of media glorifications and calling to arms and destruction of mass proportions is what irks me.

-OLMEK
Please tell me I'm reading wrongly when I see "My sons" in that post. What is this, Mr. Miyagi meets Michael Moore? I'm betting number one that your dad did army sanitation in Vietnam. If your dad is even more than 25 years old.

Now, as for beheadings throughout history....lots of different people have done it for different reasons. The US has at least never had an official policy of beheading civillian workers of foreign governments. In fact, in general the US does NOT make a point of ordering the execution of non-combatants who are captured and in US custody. That's exactly what's happening in these videos; captured, disarmed, bound people being slaughtered. That should make your blood boil, no matter who does it.

What is it that irks you about people being outraged about this kind of behavior? Were you irked at people who were outraged over Abu Ghraib? It makes no sense at all to say "eh, we should be calm because this is the kind of stuff that happens." That's precisely the reason to be angry about it.

I don't know about the rest of this board, but I can't think of a punishment severe enough for this class of war criminal. The murder of non-combatants should be punished any time, any place, with as much fury as we can all muster.

The conquistadors had an execution method for people like this: burning.

By the way, you write like a ten cent novelist. I've seen more moving prose on bathroom stalls.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:33 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
I didn't want anyone here to discredit them with a similar tin foil theory like some people did with the Berg video and the white Wal-mart chair.

I think we all wanted to believe the nick berg video was a fake. I certainly did. I had never seen anything like that and it tore me up. But...after watching the other videos, there is no way its a fake - and i feel stupid for even entertaining that thought. Poor bastards...

Last edited by constellation; 09-22-2004 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
By the way, you write like a ten cent novelist. I've seen more moving prose on bathroom stalls.

Werd, I've noticed this too. Like a highschool student trying to write like tom robbins trying to write like ayn rand. It's terrible.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:34 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS(Ti)
personally, I like OLMEK's posts, but I don't know why.

His thread does lead me to a new thought. All of the conservatives are on Kerry's **** because he came home and said bad things happened in the Vietnam war. This is not a novel concept. AND he is not the only one who's ever said this. In fact lots of people seem to agree that some pretty F***ed up things happened over there. So my question is this: Why is this so shocking?
Old 09-22-2004, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by MonkeyAB
personally, I like OLMEK's posts, but I don't know why.

His thread does lead me to a new thought. All of the conservatives are on Kerry's **** because he came home and said bad things happened in the Vietnam war. This is not a novel concept. AND he is not the only one who's ever said this. In fact lots of people seem to agree that some pretty F***ed up things happened over there. So my question is this: Why is this so shocking?
You do have a point. But, I think the reason people are angry at Kerry isn't just that he criticized the war. It's that he came home, threw away his medals, said his fellow soldiers were war criminals....fine and dandy, free speech is good and unjust wars should be criticized....but then, 30 years later, he says "I'm qualified to be the president because of my service in Vietnam."

You can't have it both ways. If Vietnam was terrible and nothing but a crime, and Kerry was so ashamed of it he threw away his medals...why is he boasting about it now? I think that's the real motivation people have for attacking him on this, especially other veterans who served honorably in vietnam and are probably more in tune with the hypocrisy of the position.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:03 PM
VIP Member

He threw away his medals to prove a point and to bring attention to the fact that it was an unjust war. Whether right or not, he did it for the awe factor. To say that he is claiming that becasue of his war record alone he qualified to serve as president is absolute insanity. He is just pointing out that he actually served his country, whether the war was just or not, unlike pu$$y-*** george bush. He is also pointing out that he is in better understanding of what our troops are having to go through over in Iraq and therefore won't jump to throwing troops into adverse situations and quagmire Vietnam like wars, as bush has done.

-Chris

Last edited by bassplayrr; 09-22-2004 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
He threw away his medals to prove a point and to bring attention to the fact that it was an unjust war. Whether right or not, he did it for the awe factor. To say that he is claiming that becasue of his war record alone he qualified to serve as president is absolute insanity. He is just pointing out that he actually served his country, whether the war was just or not, unlike pu$$y-*** george bush. He is also pointing out that he is in better understanding of what our troops are having to go through over in Iraq and therefore won't jump to throwing troops into adverse situations and quagmire Vietnam like wars, as bush has done.

-Chris
Well, that's not all he did. Did you see the Democratic convention? Vietnam was the center piece of Kerry's campaign. His whole credibility for the war on terror, for Iraq, for everything defense, is based on his Vietnam military service. What else has he talked about that qualifies him to lead on defense? Vietnam is his presidential credential as far as he's told us.

Now, he threw away his medals because he said he was ashamed of what was happening there and he thought Vietnam was one big atrocity. Which is fine. But it's no fair now, and I think this is why so many veterans are opposing him, to come up and say "I want to be the president because I served in vietnam, unlike everyone else." He's already told us what he thought of serving in vietnam: it was just a big free-for-all of raping and pillaging. How does participating in that make you qualified to lead? And if that's not what happened...then was he lying earlier?

Quick Reply: the brilliance of beheading.