Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Breastfeeding Moms Hold 'Nurse-In' at Starbucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 09:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Breastfeeding Moms Hold 'Nurse-In' at Starbucks

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...eastfeeding_dc

SEATTLE (Reuters) - More than two dozen mothers staged a breastfeeding "nurse-in" at a Starbucks Corp. store in Maryland over the weekend in an effort to get the world's largest coffee shop chain to adopt a policy allowing breastfeeding in all its U.S. stores.
First of all, why does everyone need to be subject to your lack of decency in public (unless you're hot of course)? Second, why in the hell are breastfeeding mothers drinking starbucks to begin with? Based on a Google, caffeine is not filtered out by the placenta, and also, it finds its way into breast milk.

I'm sure some mothers are drinking non-caffeinated beverages but I’d put money on those that aren't. Some mothers go on an alcohol binge after childbirth to makeup for a lost nine months so what makes me think they're not doing it for caffeine?

I'm not really upset by this and it really wouldn't bother me in the slightest if i saw a woman breastfeeding in public, especially if she was a milf. Regardless, I shouldn't have to walk into a Starbucks -or- any store for that matter and have to shy away from a breastfeeding mother. Why? because it was that mother's choice to have that child and she needs to understand it's nobody else’s burden when there's unlimited access to privacy. She could wait in the air conditioned car while her hubby gets a decaffeinated beverage or wait at home.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Salty
I'm not really upset by this and it really wouldn't bother me in the slightest if i saw a woman breastfeeding in public, especially if she was a milf. Regardless, I shouldn't have to walk into a Starbucks -or- any store for that matter and have to shy away from a breastfeeding mother. Why? because it was that mother's choice to have that child and she needs to understand it's nobody else’s burden when there's unlimited access to privacy. She could wait in the air conditioned car while her hubby gets a decaffeinated beverage or wait at home.
Amen Brother! Why does it have to be done in public? It may be natural, but so is urinating, and the last time I did that in public it was frowned upon.

-Chris
Old 08-11-2004, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
It may be natural, but so is urinating, and the last time I did that in public it was frowned upon.

-Chris
LMAO.

Very true...

I should walk into starbucks right now, jump onto the counter and pinch a loaf directly into the tip jar.

Then sue Starbucks for not allowing me to take part in the "natural act" of a bowel movement even though there's a designated place for the poo.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:06 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Salty

First of all, why does everyone need to be subject to your lack of decency in public (unless you're hot of course)? Second, why in the hell are breastfeeding mothers drinking starbucks to begin with? Based on a Google, caffeine is not filtered out by the placenta, and also, it finds its way into breast milk.
D@MN STRAIGHT!

Mrs. Oaf has breast fed all three mini Oafs...in public...but she's hot.
However, she's not like members of the Liberal Hairy Armpit Army that flaunt their sucklings in public.

Also, I have standing orders that I will not change diapers after Mrs. Oaf has eaten brocolli, beans, yoghurt,etc. because of what it does to the baby's poop.
And if Mrs. Oaf has more than three drinks (which she doesn't), the alcohol affects the baby.

Paul
Old 08-11-2004, 07:29 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
And, wehn you do a double-take, you get glares, like "Don't look at my hooters." But they are showing them in publi--....I really confused my self.

[different note]If women controlled the world, guys wouldn't be allowed in lingerie stores, but women could go to.....um...where is a "guy exclusive" store? Oh, that's right? WE DON'T HAVE THEM!!!![/diff note]
Old 08-11-2004, 07:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
better then a crack in...