Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Boos that rocked the Kerry daughters

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 10:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Boos that rocked the Kerry daughters

When are MTV, Rolling Stone and other "Hip rock and roll establishments" going to realize that politics and music don't mix?!

Same thing goes for all these celebrities that think we give a rats *** about their political views when the real tragedy is in their acting abilities and lack of camera time.

I do feel sorry for the Kerry daughters as it must be hard being the daughter of a presidential runner. Shame on Kerry and the admin for putting his daughters in that situation.

http://www.drudgereport.com/kerrymtv.htm

THE BOOS THAT ROCKED THE VOTE: KERRY DAUGHTERS RECEIVE RUDE AWAKENING AT MTV AWARDS
Sun Aug 29 2004 23:36:31 ET

MTV, ROLLING STONE and the rock and roll establishment -- past and present -- have cast their vote, and their man is John Kerry.

So on Sunday night when John Kerry's daughters were announced to speak at the annual MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS, the MTV youth were expected to welcome his daughters as pop culture princesses.

Instead, in an era of the unexpected, the daughters of the Democratic candidate were met with cheers -- AND JEERS -- during the live broadcast in Miami.

From the moment Alexandra and Vanessa started speaking, the boos outweighed anything close to cheers, and the reaction turned worse when the daughters asked the VIACOM youth to vote for their father. So shocked by the reaction, the taller of the two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.

Developing...
Old 08-30-2004, 12:12 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Jeb Bush country... waddya expect?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub2w
Jeb Bush country... waddya expect?
It has nothing to do with "Jeb Bush country"...

Instead, everyone's tired or the smear campaign and probably agrees with the fact an award show dedicated to Music shouldn't even scratch the surface of politics.

Although I think it's in extremely poor taste and highly immature for the audience to boo her, I'm going to agree with why they did so...
Old 08-30-2004, 12:45 PM

you're going to agree with your own opinion of why they booed?

who knows why they booed... but isnt this the Nintendo generation you have railed against in thread's past??
Old 08-30-2004, 12:50 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
who knows why they booed... but isnt this the Nintendo generation you have railed against in thread's past??
Yes it is. But as long as they are doing somthing that salty likes they are A-ok.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
Miami isn't even close to being Jeb Bush country, its almost entirely democrat.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:30 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
But as long as they are doing somthing that salty likes they are A-ok.
I'll tell you want I don't like... lousy, selfish drivers that get into accidents and hold-up traffic!

wait... what's the topic of this thread again?
Old 08-30-2004, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

but isnt this the Nintendo generation you have railed against in thread's past??
I was merely spitting out a hypothetical thought from a senor citizen voter. I am the Nintendo generation, genius.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
you're going to agree with your own opinion of why they booed?

We are talking MTV peeps here, that's why it got attention (because it was unexpected). I heard a rebroadcast of it... lots of boos.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Salty
I am the Nintendo generation, genius.
hehehe, These kids are the PS2/Xbox generation! LOL Dang, Get with the zeros!

Last edited by SilverScoober02; 08-30-2004 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:43 PM

hypotheticals, conjecture, yadda yadda yadda

I am used to this from your mouth. I would suggest that you read a book called "The Elements of Reasoning". It will help you understand how to argue. Throwing out hypotheticals and conjecture represent fallacious reasoning and derail any (feeble) attempt you make towards a legit argument

This thread is pretty silly. Great, Kerry's tit-bearing daughters got booed at the VMA awards. Are you Joan Rivers? How about something worth talking about???
Old 08-30-2004, 01:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Actually the Bush twins were booed as well. So I think Salty is right that people are getting sick of mixing politics with entertainment.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ers/index.html

I am sick and tired of hearing of who celebrities are voting for and I really hate when they use their time accepting awards and such to ramble about politics and why we shouldn't vote for this person or that.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

hypotheticals, conjecture, yadda yadda yadda

I am used to this from your mouth. I would suggest that you read a book called "The Elements of Reasoning". It will help you understand how to argue. Throwing out hypotheticals and conjecture represent fallacious reasoning and derail any (feeble) attempt you make towards a legit argument
The purpose of that RNC thread was to express my prediction on what I thought would happen via bet. I was hoping people, such as yourself, would follow suit by betting a few dollars which we would exchange at a latter date with paypal. It was never intended to be an argument which is why I presented a hypothetical. Had you read the thread in its entirety you would have known this!

As for reasonable arguments & debates, I'll school you any day of the week so don't even venture down that path, dub2w.

This thread is pretty silly. Great, Kerry's tit-bearing daughters got booed at the VMA awards. Are you Joan Rivers? How about something worth talking about???
Did this thread become silly after the 1st -or- 2nd time you posted a rebuttal in it? Or was it your 3rd and final post in a 13 post (this far) thread?
Old 08-30-2004, 02:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Actually the Bush twins were booed as well. So I think Salty is right that people are getting sick of mixing politics with entertainment.
Thank you, SilverScoober02...
Old 08-30-2004, 02:26 PM

I hate to grab stuff from a post you just put up, but...

Originally Posted by Salty
The only people that care about this are those that were already against Bush, such as, yourself and the SFgate... therefore nothing changes and the protestors are back to square-one.
This is conjecture. And btw, discourse is meant to throw ideas around. If you think you are always right, congratulations. You get two stars by your name

One of the most intelligent things I have ever heard was, "A wise man is a man who knows how little he knows, not how much."

My fortune cookie quote for the day.

Quick Reply: Boos that rocked the Kerry daughters