Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Body Armor and Verfication thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Body Armor and Verfication thread.

In attempt to split the thread I lost all the posts for some reason. So sorry about losing the Body Armor thread. As for lojasmo, we know where he stands and know he's questionable for taking such a position. If he wants to verify himself to me then i'll leave that option in his corner. Although I think he's fake for taking said position, there's really nothing I can do, so... Let's leave it at that...

As for me questioning lojasmo's service I think I made easy for him to verify himself like everyone else here has. Sorry you guys don't understand but it's a very big deal to some of us.

-Eric
Old 10-25-2005, 08:05 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
The Extravaganza shall never die!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
It's okay man, just don't let it happen again!

I understand that Stolen Valor is a huge deal to Veterans and it should be, but it's not like lojasmo's proving his service would make you believe anything he says anyways. You two are on such opposite ends of the political spectrum anyways.

I don't want to offend you Eric but do you do this sort of thing with everyone that says they served that you have ever met?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:25 PM
VIP Member

I dig a little. But when you encounter someone in the flesh all you need is a 2 minute conversation to make your judgement. Not even that much time in most cases. It's very easy to do this as little alarms go off on everything from verbiage to body language. If they appear to be suspect during the initial conversation then you dig a little more to complete exposure and justified humiliation.

It's an epidemic you wouldn’t believe. I hear about authentiSEAL requests and other veteran request straight from those doing the verifications. Let's just say we're not looking forward to the amount of requests and frauds 'Jarheads' produces.

I have busted fakes in person and I have never been wrong yet. I have also refused to work with someone that claimed to have been a veteran. I take it as seriously as religion.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Salty
I dig a little. But when you encounter someone in the flesh all you need is a 2 minute conversation to make your judgement. Not even that much time in most cases. It's very easy to do this as little alarms go off on everything from verbiage to body language. If they appear to be suspect during the initial conversation then you dig a little more to complete exposure and justified humiliation.
Yeah, much easier to discern something like that in person I suppose.

It's an epidemic you wouldn’t believe. I hear about authentiSEAL requests and other veteran request straight from those doing the verifications. Let's just say we're not looking forward to the amount of requests and frauds 'Jarheads' produces.

I have busted fakes in person and I have never been wrong yet. I have also refused to work with someone that claimed to have been a veteran. I take it as seriously as religion.
I guess I would say that I understand the Stolen Valor problem as good as a civvie could. I watched the Discovery special (or maybe it was a 20/20 special, I can't remember) I read all the posts that you have put out there on the topic. I am all for the prosecution of those who wear fake medals and make falsified claims. I guess I would just draw the line on the internet because I would go crazy trying to verify everyone that claims or is part of the military. Especially if I was a part of a military bulletin board like I am sure you are.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:19 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Salty. you asked me if I served. I never spoke spontaneously about my service. If I had known you would haunt me to the end of my days, I never would have answered truthfully.

How the hell did the other thread get lost?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:30 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by lojasmo
Salty. you asked me if I served. I never spoke spontaneously about my service. If I had known you would haunt me to the end of my days, I never would have answered truthfully.

How the hell did the other thread get lost?
He messed up when he tried to split the previous thread. Something about Bush hating him and some conspiracy. I didn't hear the rest of it
Old 10-27-2005, 07:33 AM

P.S. Salty, I love your location. I hate the damn God gun with a passion, especially if it falls into the wrong hands. Combat service support LTs are the worst. You'd think they figured all infantry attacks were like storming the beaches on D-Day.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:17 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
P.S. Salty, I love your location. I hate the damn God gun with a passion....
What? God's Gun is the 1975 western with Lee Van Cleef and Jack Palance, right?

OK it was pretty bad, but hating it with a passion?
Old 10-27-2005, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by psoper
What? God's Gun is the 1975 western with Lee Van Cleef and Jack Palance, right?

OK it was pretty bad, but hating it with a passion?
Nah, the God gun is a basically a glorified laser pistol. When using MILES gear the lane walker(evaluater) has control of the God gun. If he sees people being careless or stupid he'll shoot you and your "dead".
Old 10-27-2005, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

Yes, the only time the God Gun pays off is if you're 1 week into JRTC without any food or water left. Nothing like filling out a casualty feeder and playing dead until you get back to a hot shower and meal.

Haha, my 3rd time at JRTC we jumped into the box while the DZ was extremely muddy. With all the equipment I had and being a fairly big guy to begin with, I sank straight into the mud like a lawn dart. I couldn't move. OPFOR found me waiting chest deep the next morning with my parachute being used as a blanket, "close killed" me, and took me to the collection point. I swear I never left that place. For those of you that don't know when you're killed at JRTC you act as a cherry private replacement. So when you get back to your unit via humvee or LMTV, one of your team leaders should have taken your spot along with the shift in chain of command in every other aspect. Well, I got killed twice going back to my unit. And each inprocessing/outprocessing period was taking 2-3 full days (because they do everything real world)! Once on the LMTV the OC's running the show stopped us and said we were killed by a Mig (F-18) so we made a U-turn back, and then another time by real Hind-D Mi 24 in the same LMTV.

I finally meet-up with my platoon all clean with hot coffee and my field jacket liner after the entire mission. Supposedly there had been some real world cold weather casualties and such. They were a mess. Of course, nobody gave me lip because 3 tours to JRTC in 4years was practically unheard of. Man I miss those times.

Last edited by Salty; 10-27-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:50 AM

HAHAHA I prefer JRTC to NTC. I remember thinking I'd died and gone to hell at NTC. Full battle rattle in 110 degree heat inside of Bradley is not my idea of a fun time. I'd rather have humped the entire thing, seriously. The best JRTC thing I ever got to experience wasn't even a JRTC at all. It was an expedient one and we ended up at Fort fort McClellan, Alabama in late November (the week before Thanksgiving). It was awesome great weather and everything until the last night. Complete downpower for an entire day in 35 degree weather. I was sure they'd call it off because of people getting hypothermia but instead, two guys got hit by lightning (swear on my life, they both lived though, they were found knocked out laying side-by-side). Other than that though it was great. We owned those OPFOR.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:16 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
HAHAHA I prefer JRTC to NTC.
I dunno man... I hated being cold as opposed to being hot in the Ca desert. Shivering your *** off as bundled OC’s come up to you asking if anyone is showing signs of hypothermia. My team used to link-up with a mech unit and dry our clothes and get warm on the turbine exhaust of an Abrams.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:25 AM

I dunno man... I hated being cold as opposed to being hot in the Ca desert. Shivering your *** off as bundled OC’s come up to you asking if anyone is showing signs of hypothermia. My team used to link-up with a mech unit and dry our clothes and get warm on the turbine exhaust of an Abrams.
Not me man. I love the cold. LOVE IT!!!! Artic Warfare is my next choice unit assignment. As far as the tanks go.....yeah, those lucky fawks get hot showers and can easily make a bad *** trench they can live out of.