Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

The Big Easy - Donation thread *see post 3 for details*

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 09:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
The Big Easy - Donation thread *see post 3 for details*

Has anyone here been keeping up with New Orleans? That city is ****ed. Those levee breaks are crippling the city with no hope in sight. They expect more of them to give way. There's some touching pics here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

We still cannot get ahold of our family friend in Pass Christian, Mississippi and have no way of knowing where he is.

Where in the hell are all these people going to go?

Last edited by Salty; 08-30-2005 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:31 AM

Car Info: Sline
Yeah, this is the worst I have ever seen a city get hit. The pictures of everyone trying to flee the storm was just insane. I couldn't imagine doing that. I heard something about the Dome's roof getting heavily damaged. Which I kinda feel bad if it's true because that's where most of the poor and homeless went.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:59 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I know... I cant believe it. I missed Hurricane Ivan last year just days after it was supposed to touch down in New Orleans. Everything was boarded up, and most of the people had fled to more northern areas.

There is a great charity website that connects donors with different non-profits. Check it out at:

http://www.networkforgood.org/topics...on/hurricanes/

Salty, maybe you can sticky this thread for the next few weeks.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Done.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:36 AM
VIP Member

Also, LSU Health Sciences Center is asking for doctors, residents and medical students who would like to help provide medical support.

Those interested should call (225) 763-5762 or email jtakenak@dhh.la.gov.

Emergency medicine, internal medicine and surgeons are most needed right now but all specialities could be needed at some point.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:14 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by dub2w
I know... I cant believe it. I missed Hurricane Ivan last year just days after it was supposed to touch down in New Orleans. Everything was boarded up, and most of the people had fled to more northern areas.

There is a great charity website that connects donors with different non-profits. Check it out at:

http://www.networkforgood.org/topics...on/hurricanes/

Salty, maybe you can sticky this thread for the next few weeks.
Thanks for the info.
I looked around at the different groups looking for donations and found that some/most could use the money overseas.
So, if you wanna donate to those victims of Katrina, do your homework first.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:17 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Yes, be sure to choose which one to donate to.

Most of those are area specific to the Gulf Coast so rest assured that your money will go to the right place.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:00 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI - WRB
They haven't said when I will be able to go back into New Orleans. I am assuming my house is underwater. Apparently, my renter's policy doesn't cover standing water so I guess I am just SoL. At least my family is ok and my suby is with me in north Mississippi. I hope everyone got away from the coast safely. I am going to head down when they give the ok and see if I can help with the cleanup.

Zab
Old 08-31-2005, 12:32 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by Zabuza
They haven't said when I will be able to go back into New Orleans. I am assuming my house is underwater. Apparently, my renter's policy doesn't cover standing water so I guess I am just SoL. At least my family is ok and my suby is with me in north Mississippi. I hope everyone got away from the coast safely. I am going to head down when they give the ok and see if I can help with the cleanup.

Zab
Good Luck, man. If you need us do anything for you, I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say this, we're here for you.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

I'm sorry to hear this, Zab.

If it comes down to the worst regarding living conditions you can always fill your WRX with as much stuff as you can and come to Ca. I'd take your immediate family (wife, kids) in until you got on your feet. All I ask is that you clean-up after yourself and pay for your own food & necessities. Seriously man.

Last edited by Salty; 08-31-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:02 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by jvick125
Good Luck, man. If you need us do anything for you, I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say this, we're here for you.
The truth.

Zabuza, I hope you can get back to normal life as soon as possible, and I'm glad to hear you have your family with you safe (and your car too, but secondarily to your family...).
Old 09-06-2005, 03:11 PM

is there any way for us to organize a donation system with other car communities? i'm playing around with the idea of doing a cross forum drive with the other boards and locally (norcal).