i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   BEER TAX!?! Thats the last straw!! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/beer-tax-thats-last-straw-204387/)

Superglue WRX 05-21-2009 08:57 PM

[QUOTE=Traxamillion;2617740]here you go free healthcare and stuff.. no it's not free with higher taxes.

healthcare is a responsibility the govr shouldn't have any say... states like cali cant even operate there's, how is the federal govr gona do any better? tax the hell out of you! big govr is bad government! govr is not the solution it's the problem![/QUOTE]

Where did you get the notion that this is to provide free health care?

This is about the government offering an affordable health insurance plan to people who can't afford private coverage.

Irish_car_B0mb 05-22-2009 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=Superglue WRX;2618094]Where did you get the notion that this is to provide free health care?

This is about the government offering an affordable health insurance plan to people who can't afford private coverage.[/QUOTE]

because the beer tax is to pay for the people who cant afford healthcare

so for them

dun dun dun...

free healthcare.

what i dont get is they are pretty much saying if you drink beer or regular soda you are living an unhealthy lifestyle therefore you should be taxed to help pay for those who are/arent healthy.

what about mcdonalds and burger king. far more people eat there than drink beer. why blame it all on beer and red bull? go after the artery cloggers.

VRT Gump 05-22-2009 01:13 PM

but they have salads.

salads that have more fat and calories than the value meals, but they are still salads :)

Superglue WRX 05-22-2009 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=Irish_car_B0mb;2618716]because the beer tax is to pay for the people who cant afford healthcare

so for them

dun dun dun...

free healthcare.

what i dont get is they are pretty much saying if you drink beer or regular soda you are living an unhealthy lifestyle therefore you should be taxed to help pay for those who are/arent healthy.

what about mcdonalds and burger king. far more people eat there than drink beer. why blame it all on beer and red bull? go after the artery cloggers.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation, but when does this become free health care?

Sin taxes are bull**** and use smokers and drinkers as scapegoats to fund whatever the current popular policy is.

R-Dub 05-22-2009 03:30 PM

[quote=Superglue WRX;2618886]Sin taxes are bull**** and use smokers and drinkers as scapegoats to fund whatever the current popular policy is.[/quote]

Don't forget modders.

VRT Gump 05-22-2009 03:32 PM

yes, but not just imports, also those that drive on 22"s and the old school impalas and cutlass' that are "drug dealer" cars as well as the "ricers" and "racers"

medicSTi 05-26-2009 11:28 AM

[QUOTE=Paul@dbtuned;2617543]The bigger issue is why people keep looking to the gov't, rather to themselves, for a solution?[/QUOTE]

+1 :owws: