Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Arnold to Terminate Gay Marriage in support of CA voters! YEah!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 10:49 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Arnold to Terminate Gay Marriage in support of CA voters! YEah!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9247775/

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger announced Wednesday he will veto a bill that would have made California the first state to legalize same-sex marriage through its elected lawmakers.

Schwarzenegger said the legislation, given final approval Tuesday by lawmakers, would conflict with the intent of voters when they approved an initiative five years ago. Proposition 22 was placed on the ballot to prevent California from recognizing same-sex marriages performed in other states or countries.

“We cannot have a system where the people vote and the Legislature derails that vote,” the governor’s press secretary, Margita Thompson, said in a statement. “Out of respect for the will of the people, the governor will veto (the bill).”
Old 09-07-2005, 10:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
why do you hate gays?
Old 09-08-2005, 04:18 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
why do you hate gays?
You've already asked this question many times. Go read the other thread again.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by jvick125
You've already asked this question many times. Go read the other thread again.
It's a valid question because it is so obvious that HD feels like that. Why else would he get so excited that a group of people are getting discriminated against?

A group of "sinners" I should say.

I think everyone should really read this post and think about it.

Originally Posted by dub2w
Dumb,

This isnt a religious forum so I will keep this short.

First, we can assume that you view homosexuality as a sin. Your response is that these people should be somehow punished or castigated to Hell for their lifestyle.

Here is the deal...

When Christ came to Earth, he fullfilled the scripture of the Old Testament. In doing so, he ratified scripture. As Christians, we follow a different guideline than do Jews (dont observe Sabbath, don't follow rules in Deuteronomy, etc...)

Christ, in his short time on Earth, approached "sinners" in a different manner than had been accorded in the OT. As you know, he had the biggest issues with Pharisees, the religious elite who adhered to the Jewish law in a fundamentalist manner. Instead of wishing pain and death on people, he went into their homes, broke bread with them and approached them in their times of trouble (woman at the well).

Again, going back to your own ideology. You have every freedom to view things as you want to view them. However, how would Christ truthfully approach the issue? Break bread with them, or wish Hell upon them? Enter in their home, or call them names and scoff at their troubles?

Ultimately, Christ showed through his actions and teachings that love is key to understanding or place on Earth and thereafter.

Peace
Think about who is the sinner by judging others. It is no ones place to judge anyone else.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:40 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Craptacular. Arnold needs to go.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:17 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
It's a valid question because it is so obvious that HD feels like that. Why else would he get so excited that a group of people are getting discriminated against?

A group of "sinners" I should say.

I think everyone should really read this post and think about it.

Think about who is the sinner by judging others. It is no ones place to judge anyone else.
What about for those of us that are not Christians. Or even religious at all?

And the reason I said that in my first post was to keep this thread from turning out to being the same as the last one.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by jvick125
What about for those of us that are not Christians. Or even religious at all?

And the reason I said that in my first post was to keep this thread from turning out to being the same as the last one.
Why do you care then? It is scary that the legislature is going around what the voters already decided but to be excited about people getting discriminated against is well beyond my comprehension.

These people are denied a basic freedom that most americans take for granted and everyone thinks that it is ok? I just cannot fathom it.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:24 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
I could care less about what the marriage status is but if the voters said no then that should be the end of story until another election is held. That is all.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
why do you hate gays?
Why would you think I hate gays? I know you don't actually think that, because you are smarter than that. I think sodomy is nasty, but I don't hate gays as individuals.

The question is why do so many gays hate heterosexuals and the conventional institutuion of marriage? I would guess it's because they can never be "normal" sexually, nor procreate from homosexual unions. Most gays are happy with civil unions and making sure that gays have equal legal rights afforded to civil unions between heteros... on that 100% agree.
Gays will be increasingly less happy with civil unions as this debate continues, so who do you think is doing the baiting?
It was nature's design for gays not to procreate, not mine, so stop hatin' .

I have personally known many homos and heteros.. probably in proportion to their statistical makeup. Besides them making crude comments about things they'd like to do to me (women just think it but don't say it ); all I have met are great people.

Arnold's decision is a victory because we have a governor that upholds the will and legal intent of the people he represents. Yeah ARNOLD!

Last edited by HellaDumb; 09-08-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:22 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
True dat!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:36 AM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
Originally Posted by lojasmo
Craptacular. Arnold needs to go.
He needs to go, but this isn't the reason why. We the people voted on this and it should Stand!!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:54 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by gilmore25
He needs to go, but this isn't the reason why. We the people voted on this and it should Stand!!

...the south voted to uphold slavery too...it's still discrimination and unconstitutional...
Old 09-08-2005, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
...the south voted to uphold slavery too...it's still discrimination and unconstitutional...
Ok, I can stoop that low too. Liberalism created the state of poverty in LA, resulting in the deaths of thousands of Americans.
That blood is on the hands of liberal policymakers.

Discrimination is normal state. A man can't marry his brother, sister, parent, child, dog, cat, etc. Discrimination? Yes. Anything wrong with that? No.
Slavery, on the other hand, is racial, so nice try.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 09-08-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:22 PM

Uh...that's speculation, whereas what I posted is simply truth. Slave owners wanted slavery to stay around so they voted for it. It was wrong because it was discrimination so the gov't said up yours to the slave owners and made slavery illegal. Gay people want to get married, and the majority of people discriminate against them and say no...the gov't should be able to set it right.

Speculating as to why there is poverty in LA is totally different, not to mention that the problem has a lot more to do with the corruption and financial state of that area than it does with the wellfare state.

Last edited by MVWRX; 09-08-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:24 PM

Your comment about gays hating heterosexual marriage is laughable at best. They don't hate it, they want to be a part of it. YOU are the one who thinks that them being a part of it would make marriage worse...they have every intent of leaving it be the beautiful union that it is. They are out to destroy nothing...you only THINK they are because you are very prejudice against them (this can be obsearved by all the comments you've made in these couple of threads...)

Your point of view is similar to those in the middle east who maintain that women should not have the same rights as men. They say that women are out to 'ruin' government and therefore should not be elected or allowed to vote. And that any women that doesn't cover her whole body is out to 'ruin' society. When really, they're just looking to have the same rights as the men.

You've condemned those very people, but now when it's your turn to recognize how the gay minority has been discriminated against you sound just like them; scared and ignorant.

Last edited by MVWRX; 09-08-2005 at 12:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Arnold to Terminate Gay Marriage in support of CA voters! YEah!!!