Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Arafat's dead, what's next?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Originally Posted by subaruguru
Sorry to break it to you man, but Arafat was most definitely a muslim. His wife, Suha, is Christian.

If I were you, I'd start getting comfortable with the idea of a palestinian state. Keeping the antagonism up in the long run means only bad things for Israel.
damn, I had always thought he was an Arab Christian...

He was indeed a Sunni Muslim, and Sufa was a "Palestinian" Greek Orthodox Christian before she converted to Islam, before she married him.

I used to believe peace was possible in the Middle East, but then Rabin was assasinated.

I've never been fond of Sharon, but I will say that I'm absolutely stoked that he's ordering the assassination of terrorist leaders, and I hope the practice continues untill they're all dead.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by subaruguru
Sorry to break it to you man, but Arafat was most definitely a muslim. His wife, Suha, is Christian.

If I were you, I'd start getting comfortable with the idea of a palestinian state. Keeping the antagonism up in the long run means only bad things for Israel.

Wow we agree
Old 11-12-2004, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by dahveed
damn, I had always thought he was an Arab Christian...

He was indeed a Sunni Muslim, and Sufa was a "Palestinian" Greek Orthodox Christian before she converted to Islam, before she married him.

I used to believe peace was possible in the Middle East, but then Rabin was assasinated.

I've never been fond of Sharon, but I will say that I'm absolutely stoked that he's ordering the assassination of terrorist leaders, and I hope the practice continues untill they're all dead.

Oh thats right because killing more people will make less people hate you. Yep sure makes a lot of sense...

Learn from others that is not the way it should be handled.