Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Andrea Yates Found Not Guilty

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:44 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Andrea Yates Found Not Guilty

Story

Originally Posted by story
Yates' attorneys never disputed that she drowned 6-month-old Mary, 2-year-old Luke, 3-year-old Paul, 5-year-old John and 7-year-old Noah in their Houston-area home in June 2001. But they said she suffered from severe postpartum psychosis and, in a delusional state, believed Satan was inside her and was trying to save them from hell.

Was justice served?
May she suffer the rest of her life.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:53 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
...she better end up in a straight jacket with electro shock therapy every day if she's THAT nuts. If she goes to a resort-jail-assylum this is a travesty.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
So wait, what happens now? She could possibly walk from a crazy house? Why even have the insane-guilty plea when people can plea this?

Yes, Andrea took the lives of our children, that's the truth, but also yes, she was insane," Rusty Yates said. He divorced Andrea Yates after the children's June 2001 deaths and has supported his former wife since, CBS News correspondent Lee Cowen has reported. Rusty said they are still "friends" and reminisce about the children.
They're both ****ing sick.

Last edited by Salty; 07-26-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
The worst part is that the husband and wife BOTH knew of her mental state and Postpartum Depression. They were told that her mental health could not risk any more pregnancies. This proves BOTH of their guilt as far as i'm concerned for not fixing the matter before it was too late. Insane or not, there's no way she's innocent or innocent by reason of insanity. She is guilty by reason of insanity and her Husband was the getaway driver.

Cute kids... what a waste.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Well goes to show you they'll invent a mental disorder for just about anything... I have a question; Why hasn't homosexuality been given a diagnosis? This is a rhetorical question.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
actually the whole thing is really sad. She was a member of a "church" led by a man named Michael Peter Woroniecki. Basically he espoused that if you didn't quit your job and spend all your time leading your children down a "godly path" you were dooming your own soul and theirs to eternal hell fire. Her husband and this man didn't give a **** about her and kept using her for their purposes.

I hope they all burn when their time comes for what happened to those children. Those two men are almost if not quite as guilty as she is.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
This is a case where I tried to bury my head in the sand. So distasteful and rancorous that I couldn't bear to think about it. Further, little in life means as much to me as our body of laws, but in any case dealing with children being abused or heinously killed, I have a very difficult time trying to see the abuser or murderers side of the story. **** her. I could very easily torture her to death over a period of months. If that brings me down to her level so be it.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
By no means was I saying I felt sorry for her. I was saying more that the whole thing was doomed before it even started.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I wasn't addressing your comment. Just making my own little shocked comment.