Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

NO cops caught on tape STILL plead not guilty...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 01:03 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
NO cops caught on tape STILL plead not guilty...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051010/..._taped_beating

A thread got derailed with this in BAIC, figured I'd post the story in here.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by MVWRX
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051010/..._taped_beating

A thread got derailed with this in BAIC, figured I'd post the story in here.
It sounds like the guy wasn't even drunk. Sounds like he mouthed off to the cop and caught a beating for it.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
NO police dept had always been one of the most notorious police forces in the United States. Hell, they used to run large amounts of drugs and kill innocent people in the process.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

Yeah...When I went to Mardi Gras two years in a row I remember the main warnings being something like....."whatever you do don't **** off the NOPD or you will get beat down"

It was alot of fun though! Only one of my buddies got arrested during that two year span and we actually had a running pool on when he would get arrested. :rotfl:
Old 10-11-2005, 09:21 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Yeah...When I went to Mardi Gras two years in a row I remember the main warnings being something like....."whatever you do don't **** off the NOPD or you will get beat down"

It was alot of fun though! Only one of my buddies got arrested during that two year span and we actually had a running pool on when he would get arrested. :rotfl:

Yeah, the politics are so thick down here there is no real justice. I know a lot of cops down here because of my job and when my friends got arrested all I had to do was make a phone call to get them out. I'm not proud of that but needless to say it's all in who you know.

I was working one night in the French Quarter with an undercover NOPD and we were on Bourbon. This guy keep bumping into us and I turned a blind eye to it. It was Mardi Gras, it happens. He did it one more time and the cop grabbed him and really let him know he was messing up. I won't get into details but I can def. tell you I thought it was a little excessive. I wasn't in a place to say anything so I let it go.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:10 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Yeah, the politics are so thick down here there is no real justice. I know a lot of cops down here because of my job and when my friends got arrested all I had to do was make a phone call to get them out. I'm not proud of that but needless to say it's all in who you know.

I was working one night in the French Quarter with an undercover NOPD and we were on Bourbon. This guy keep bumping into us and I turned a blind eye to it. It was Mardi Gras, it happens. He did it one more time and the cop grabbed him and really let him know he was messing up. I won't get into details but I can def. tell you I thought it was a little excessive. I wasn't in a place to say anything so I let it go.
You combine that stuff with the amount of tension the officers down there must be feeling and it is a powderkeg I bet. I actually am suprised we haven't heard of more incidents with tension as high as it is right now.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:13 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
You combine that stuff with the amount of tension the officers down there must be feeling and it is a powderkeg I bet. I actually am suprised we haven't heard of more incidents with tension as high as it is right now.
That city has a way of containing it's secrets very well. Little of what really happens (often much worse) ever makes it to the media. New Orleans has the best politicans money can buy and because of that, they make sure no one can threaten their "judiciary" power. Lots of corruption.