Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Against illegal immigration?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Originally Posted by jvick125
It's been a problem in CA for about the past 5 years, it's just now starting to gain national recognition.
Haha I find the paranoia more scary than the people they are paranoid about. See Matt's third or fourth point on how illegals are not checked for deseases. :rotfl:
Old 11-07-2005, 09:39 PM

And as far as the whole, we used to be Mexico thing while I'm at it.

The names are actually Spanish, not Mexican because mexican is not a language. The spanish-american war was a war fought on false pretext and imperialist ideals and completely unfounded. I'm not saying we should give it back at all, just clearing up some history.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:50 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by Imprezastifan88
And as far as the whole, we used to be Mexico thing while I'm at it.

The names are actually Spanish, not Mexican because mexican is not a language. The spanish-american war was a war fought on false pretext and imperialist ideals and completely unfounded. I'm not saying we should give it back at all, just clearing up some history.
Thank you.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:53 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB WRX Sedan
Still wondering this. Really, once again as I state in many threads where republicans yell "OMFG oh n0es! they are stealing my moneyz!11!!one!1!". I understand it is a problem, and we need to tighten our boarders, but kicking everyone out who is here right now is not going to solve jack ****. I agree with you, we need to erect large fences ect, but we ALSO need to provide better routes for legal immigration from Mexico and other latin american countries. Allow the regular latin american to come here, not just the rich.
again, its BORDERS. please tell me how kicking the illegals out will not solve anything? they cost almost 30 billion a year in public education, and over 10 billion a year in tax deficit. if you are that dense, that you think their small jobs in restaurants and stuff account for the deficit youre an idiot. its BECAUSE they have the crappy jobs that we pay for them, not despite the fact.

i am ALL for legal immigration.
You may shake your head at me, but my point still stands and you have not adressed it. Where the hell are the workers going to come from to fill these spots!? I may sound stuck-up right now, but you and I both know its true. Even people who are going into entry level jobs right now are going for things higher than dish-washer or maid, even if there are comparable wages. Consider this: you come from a working-class family, dad works in a factory for all his life. You graduate high school and tell him "hey dad, I'm going to go get a dead-end job at a hotel cleaning peoples **** up! Arn't you excited for me!"
the same place the workers came for 200 years before immigration became a problem. there are plenty of unemployed americans in this country that are displaced by illegal immigrants. obviously you didnt read my site because there is PAGES of information about this.
And then, I'm sure you will reply, "well you are abusing these people" but we really are not. They are following the same path that our grandfathers and great grandfathers did. Start low, work on up. Even if they end up working 3 jobs all their life getting nowhere, the next generation has more opprotunity because education is now availible. This generation works hard and gains a lower middle class lifestyle, and enstills a hard work ethic in their children who get good grades and maybe even go to college. Of course this is the ideal, but it happens a lot.
illegals have a 49% high school drop out rate. they arent going ANYWHERE because they cant afford crap, so their kids drop out and help out. therefore they are not educated. then they cant afford crap. their kids, etc. its a vicous circle. it has been since immigration became a problem around 1965. also, california with 40% of all illegals in the country scores the WORST on high school national exams, so there goes your education example also.
And "they send money back to mexico" well I say good for them. They are supporting their families instead of supporting the greed and glutony that is corporate america.
you are the most niave person i have met in a long time. they come to our country. they tax our system for 40-50 billion extra a year, our hospitals close down, our schools are closing down, they drop out, they account for a huge portion of crime in large cities, and then the very least they could do is invest their money back into the american economy but instead send it to mexico. wow. the fact that you cant comprehend this is amazing..

And of course here you will say "liberal anarchist, or pinko-commie" or something of that sorts, but once again you are wrong. I work for a major corporation and am damn happy with my job, and am very pro-buisness. Hypocratic? Somewhat, but I am only against the corruption and poilitical meddling that happens behind closed doors with many of the major corporations right now. For me, the immigration is a opprotunity. People who will work hard, for less than a lazy american, and will be happy doing their job because it is more money than they could dream of making in Mexico. They also have the ability to think on their own, something that seems to have been lost long ago by many americans. They crossed the boarder illegally, woo-freaking-doo. It is our fault that we let so many come through, and we should pay the concequences, not them. They siezed a opprotunity and good for them for doing it.
here is another stupid statement. i cant believe you condone crimes. i hope that someone goes and kills your parents and takes their money. after all, its not his fault your parents werent able to defend themselves, he just saw an opportunity to make money and took it.

i cant believe your pathetic attempt at reasoning. just because someone is hard pressed, etc, does not give them the right to commit a crime against someone else. you dont think the illegals are affecting others? no they are being selfish, and hurtful towards others, especially LEGAL immigrants who waited, did the paperwork, and took the time to come here legally.

just because you are poor, does not give the right to break international laws just because you have the chance. just because some guys family is poor, does not give him the right to rob another family and take their money in the name of trying to better his family's situation. it doesnt work like that, and its pathetic that you think that way.

your view basically just equates to people offing one another to make sure that their best interests are served, even if that means committing and international crime.
Another thing I hear coming up is the "destruction of our culture". What culture? What they are doing is adding to the very culture this country was founded upon, a culture of immigrants, a melting pot. Hell, the southwest used to BE mexico! I, as well as most people I know enjoy all the new mexican resturants that have appeared all over Denver (many of which are owned by illegals, i know because a friend owns one and he is a illegal). I enjoy the culutral shift to a more southwest feel, and I laugh when i see a lowrider packed with people crusing down Federal Bvld.
who says they are destroying our culture? aside from the fact that most dont bother to learn the language of the country they are going to, who says anything about culture? but, btw, lack of good english from immigrants costs the united states approx 75 billion in revenue each year.

So in conclusion, what do I propose?
1. Do not kick out any current illegals unless they commit a felony.
doesnt make sense. we have 12 million people, over 11 percent of mexicos population here damaging our economy, committing crimes, bringing diseases, and costing the tax payers 40-50 billion extra in taxes per year, and you want to keep them.
2. Allow current illegals to become American citizens *gasp* through a specialized process developed for them that is rigorous but not impossible.
you are a basket of contradictions. i think its fricking hilarious that you feel that we should allow them to go through a process to beceome citizens once already in the country. WHAT THE HELL do you think the legal immigrants are doing? the same damn thing, only legally.
3. Strengthen our boarders, and erect fences and more patrols (agree with you on this one)
for christ's sake, its BORDERS.
4. Allow pathways for Latin Americans to come to our country that are not for only the wealthy and are realistic.
-Jeff
you mean like taking the TIME to do it LEGALLY? how is that not realistic? i can assure you most immigrants are not RICH. if they were, unless there is a serious problem with their government, they arent coming here.

i can assure you that my wife, my best friend, and his wife, were dirt poor, and managed to immigrate here legally. its easier from mexico. try getting all the paperwork etc while living in communist russia and immigrating from Moscow to here. THATS hard, yet my wifes dirt-poor family all managed to make it, along with every one of her friends, and 90% of the people living in Brighton Beach, NY.

and then with my teachers, who are all Iranian, who managed to immigrate here from a country we dont even have an embassy in, LEGALLY.

funny how all these people can manage to get here legally, but yet these "poor" unfortunate souls have to commit crimes which are basically later pardoned by people like you.

you have yet to present a rational argument. you blatantly ignore all facts presented, and yet present none of your own. show me a study that says we wont get workers to fill spots, etc.

besides, if you keep the criminals from coming in each year, and deport the 12 million we have in here, then we can open up for more LEGAL immigration each year.

furthermore, you think that all 12 million are just going to disappear? nope, it will be gradual. this helps people like you, that think the american economy which survived 200 years prior to illegal immigration problems, will suddenly crash, will be happy.

Last edited by Matth3w; 11-07-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:45 PM

... Impreza, I'm with you on this one. Matt's whole BORDERS thing, :rotfl:

Matt, you should drive through rural America, let along CA. Infact, go to my hometown of Winters, CA. You'll find some pretty smart mexicans there. Your fair share of illegals and blah blah.

You almost make it seem like the contribute NOTHING to our economy. I think you'd be surprised how many of them are employed legally and therefore have taxes taken out of their checks.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:21 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
And another point while I have time I frogot to point out.

WTF is up with this whole paranoia that our nation has right now? It is not like all of these people are coming to eat your babies and rape your mothers. They are regular people. Sure there are a few bad berries in the bunch, but we have a few bad berries ourselves.
The same paranoia that exists about gay marriage. Bullshyte propagated by biggoted idiots.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:49 AM

... Impreza, I'm with you on this one. Matt's whole BORDERS thing, :rotfl:

Matt, you should drive through rural America, let along CA. Infact, go to my hometown of Winters, CA. You'll find some pretty smart mexicans there. Your fair share of illegals and blah blah.

You almost make it seem like the contribute NOTHING to our economy. I think you'd be surprised how many of them are employed legally and therefore have taxes taken out of their checks.
bahabhaa....im talking national averages and statistics, youre talking about meeting one or two out of 12 million people.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Pointing out typos on the IntarWeb is teh ghey.....
Old 11-08-2005, 05:40 AM

typos and misspelling the word borders ten times are two different things.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:42 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Matth3w
typos and misspelling the word borders ten times are two different things.
So what. Everyone knows what he means....

He's probably just doing it to irritate you.

Last edited by SilverScoober02; 11-08-2005 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:00 AM

If eye right like this ewe still no what eye am saying.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:04 AM
VIP Member

If eye right like this ewe still no what eye am saying.
yeppers!
Old 11-08-2005, 06:23 AM

bahabhaa....im talking national averages and statistics, youre talking about meeting one or two out of 12 million people.
more like 1 or 2 HUNDRED, then maybe you can go to a couple of the surrounding towns and meet another 500 to 1000. Not very small numbers.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:38 AM

you have yet to present a rational argument. you blatantly ignore all facts presented, and yet present none of your own. show me a study that says we wont get workers to fill spots, etc.
Show me a study that proves your point! Hell, show me info that proves ANY OF YOUR POINTS!

You keep pointing back to years and years ago, before the G.I. Bill, before America was a superpower, before W.W.II, ect. I hate to break it to you but we've changed since then. Britian is no longer the center of the universe, and they no longer are quarreling with Germany. You point out that there was a higher rate leaving then staying at that point. Well woo-freaking-doo. Immigration laws were incredibly easy back then, and if you could afford a boat-ride over here you were in. We also were not the country everyone wanted to get to. That country was Britian. Since the things listed above, America has become more educated and quite frankly, more stuck-up. We don't want to do the jobs that for the last 10-15+ have been done behind the scenes by people we dont know.

Call me a racist, but I really am not. Look at our culture, and you will see that working in a dead-end job in a resturant is not a prestigous position.

And now, after reading your post I see race is the real issue for you. You presume all these people are carrying T.B., AIDS, SARS, BIrd flu, super-uber-death flu, everything and they are all killing your babies and raping your mothers. Seriously, quit the drugs and realize they are not terrible people. Actually, maybe smoke a joint and you might chill out a little.

And you say, "they commited a felony". Let me put this out there again: I DON'T CARE. No, I don't support all felonys, why do I support this one? Becaause it is our own damn fault that we did not protect our BORDERS, not theirs that they siesed a opprotunity. Can you honestly say you would not come here if you were in Mexico right now? Hell I'd be through that fence and through the desert faster than you can say "illegal alien".

And about not anwering your points, I don't have time right now and I havn't because you have not supported any of them with facts. Put the sources out there I and I will reply.
-Jeff

BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER BOARDER.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Originally Posted by Oaf
Doooood....mellllloooooow out.
You're statment was overtly racist.

Let's play around with your statement and see if you get the point:

1. It'll be a cold day in hell before any black person is seen working.
2. It'll be a cold day in hell before any Irish Mick is seen not drinking.
3. It'll be a cold day in hell before any Mexican person is seen not stealing hubcaps.

Before welfare as we know it was with us, you'd see plenty of whites and, get this,....blacks picking produce.
And as far as California once being part of Mexico, the key word would be used to.

We fought a war & won it fair and square.
Well, actually, Mexico kinda kick our *** & then sold CA off, but why trouble with the details.

Oh, and btw, how the **** do explain towns like Fort Ross, Sebastopol, Bakersfield?!
OK, maybe those aren't the best examples of non-Mexican influenced names, but you get the idea.
i'm plenty mello DUDE, but don't call me out on sh*t, you don't know me or anything about me.

My statement meant that if you deported all illegals, I seriously doubt you would see any white people running out to grab those jobs in the fields picking produce.

As far as names of towns goes, for every non hispanic name for a town, i'll name off ten more with hispanic names......

Quick Reply: Against illegal immigration?