Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

400# of high explosives stolen. How'd that wiretap thing work out?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 04:53 PM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
400# of high explosives stolen. How'd that wiretap thing work out?

While the FBI was busy spying on the quakers and such:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/20/mis...ves/index.html

(CNN) -- Federal authorities on Tuesday boosted to $50,000 a reward for information about 550 pounds of explosives missing from a business near Albuquerque, New Mexico.

About 400 pounds of high explosives and 150 pounds of commercial plastic explosives were taken from the business, which is licensed to store them, said Tom Mangan, spokesman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The explosives were military-like, but not military-issue, Mangan said.

The theft, discovered Sunday night, included detonators, commercial explosives, sheet explosives, prima cord and shock tubes, he said

Last edited by lojasmo; 12-20-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
You really are bitter toward everything, aren't you? This can't even be tied to Bush and you're *****ing. How pathetic. And if you really want to connect this to Bush like most of you liberal vampires do, then consider the other part of the story:

Rand Corp. terrorism expert Brian Jenkins said such thefts are common, with 1990s figures showing more than 100 such incidents each year.
Hmmm… I wonder who was President then? Not that it matters to me… you’re the one that drug that herring into the mix.

Did you think all federal agents are running lean because they're all pulling surveillance thanks to Bush? Wow.

This is more an issue of poor security at the research facility and/or poor local law enforcement. The only reason why federal ATF agents are involved in this is because the ATF deals with these matters just as the Secret Service deals with currency.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:27 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Must be ammatures.
Why steal when you can make it yourself.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I just hope they encounter static soon.

I once got stopped by Raleigh/Durham airport security because of miniscule amounts of C4 residue I somehow missed under my finger nails that their dog detected. Didn't help that my keychain was the gutted fuse plunger laying in the metal detector tray. I explained what I did and they let me go. Sorta made me uneasy on how fast they let me go…
Old 12-21-2005, 11:20 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by Salty

I once got stopped by Raleigh/Durham airport security because of miniscule amounts of C4 residue I somehow missed under my finger nails that their dog detected. Didn't help that my keychain was the gutted fuse plunger laying in the metal detector tray. I explained what I did and they let me go. Sorta made me uneasy on how fast they let me go…
Wow. Dogs rock.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:33 PM

Car Info: Sline

Yeah, that's pretty crazy. So what did u blow up!?!?
Old 12-21-2005, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Oaf
Must be ammatures.
Why steal when you can make it yourself.
I'd probably lose a hand before putting the explosive to work.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:34 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS(Ti)
You really are bitter toward everything, aren't you? This can't even be tied to Bush and you're *****ing. How pathetic. And if you really want to connect this to Bush...
sounds kinda personal...

I think it is more of a general observation that the patriot act doesn't really work all that well. i.e., Shouldn't we boost security on C4, rather than my shoes and Quakers?
Old 12-24-2005, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by MonkeyAB
sounds kinda personal...

I think it is more of a general observation that the patriot act doesn't really work all that well. i.e., Shouldn't we boost security on C4, rather than my shoes and Quakers?
Someone else mentioned Quakers. What's that all about? Did I miss something? But I do agree. Instead of people being verified for their Identity, EVERYWHERE, there should be a little more security else where.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:23 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
The explosives were stolen from a business. Are you saying the government should step in and take over security for these businesses that have stuff like this. Step in and overwatch or govern the day to day operations? Are you suggesting that big brother get even more involved? Or are you saying that all businesses should have the phones tapped and monitored daily? The government doesn't want to monitor phone calls from person to person in the U.S. It wants to intercept communications between countries that are known to harbor terrorists and the U.S. But if you're saying that the government should step in and start listening to all phone calls made domestically...I think people would be against that.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:28 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
But if you're saying that the government should step in and start listening to all phone calls made domestically...I think people would be against that.
Not W,

that's what he's been doing and what he says will continue
Old 12-29-2005, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
listening

Well the NSA has been listening to radio communications and intercepting phone calls since time began. That's nothing new. Although the news media would have you believe that GWB was the one who started doing that. The funny thing is, is that some people actually believe it. Anyway, I think during a press release the Government officially stated that they're going to monitor only calls from suspect nations to the U.S. and vice versa. Although, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that the Government monitors whatever it feels is important enough to monitor....Let's not be naive. I think it's for the better though.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
time begain in 52??

SON OF A *****!!! MY GRANDPA IS OLLLDDDD!!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
time begain in 52??

SON OF A *****!!! MY GRANDPA IS OLLLDDDD!!!!
DUH!!! Where have u been!?
Old 12-29-2005, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
workin in the mines