Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

2 Ford Brands Stop Ads in Gay Publications

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
2 Ford Brands Stop Ads in Gay Publications

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/12/06/D8EATF4G0.html

DETROIT - Ford Motor Co. said on Tuesday that its luxury Jaguar and Land Rover brands will no longer advertise in gay publications, but denied that the nation's second largest automaker made the decision under pressure from conservative Christian groups. "The decisions with regard to advertising was a business decision," Ford spokesman Mike Moran said. He said Ford's Volvo brand would continue advertising in gay publications. Ford hasn't advertised its Ford, Lincoln and Mercury brands in those publications, Moran added.
So it was a business move. Fine by me!

What I could never understand about gays is why most all of them single themselves out further? Like those damn homosexual targeted Orbitz commercials? How on earth can they demand equality when they're marching on main street for the umpteen time in a red dress?

The way I see it is that being gay is s lifestyle regardless of if it's truly genetic. It’s not like being a midget, 7ft tall or being a color you cannot lighten or darken. Like it or not homosexuals are not limited to just the same sex as they can reproduce the old fashioned way.

So if Copenhagen smokeless tobacco and Remington got a hair up their *** to target women for some ungodly reason, then should I be as upset as an outdoorsman because they pulled their ads from Field and Stream? Shouldn’t I feel as betrayed for having used those products longer than most of them have realized they’re gay? Instead I would honor their business move, wish them all the luck in the world and continue forward without giving a rats *** like any other red-blooded outdoorsman.

I dunno… seems like being gay comes with a lot of *****ing and sticking out like a sore thumb, doesn’t it? And people wonder why there tends to be added animosity towards them. It’s not necessarily because of your lifestyle, people! At least that’s my gripe with them seeing how I’m not a homophobe… It's just that I don’t care about them anymore than I care about the next guy I don’t know when they feel I should. Die in a grease fire for all I care.

Last edited by Salty; 12-06-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:48 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Salty
[url]I would honor their business move, wish them all the luck in the world and continue forward without giving a rats ***.
I think you hit the nail on the head. This pretty much sums it up. Plus it was a good laugh.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:29 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
They say you never know where your money has been .
Old 12-06-2005, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
you guys crack me up, its the proles such as yourself that keep humanity locked in an old menatlity.

Makes my life and work all that much easier i suppose.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:13 PM
VIP Member

Oh yeah one more thing

BURN THEM ******S THEY MAKE DEM DAR TV THINGIES TO SELL DEM DAT DER MUSAC!!!!!!

BURN DEM ******S AND SPICS AND KIKES AND WHOOPS AND ******!!! DAMN DEM AALL!! DEY TOOK MY JEEERRRRBBBBB
Old 12-06-2005, 06:36 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
you guys crack me up, its the proles such as yourself that keep humanity locked in an old menatlity.

Makes my life and work all that much easier i suppose.

How do you figure? If anything, i'm already ahead of the curve as far as tolerance goes. You don't have to flaunt or validate your way of life or color to live in my world. Isn't that what equality is truly all about?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:43 PM
VIP Member

Tell that to those who flaunt their wealth then...

Tell that to the native americans who got knocked da **** out...

people will always flaunt, that is part of being human. Get the **** used to it, until you can get over that lil hump you will be nothing more then a closet hater. (just shooting straight with you)

i dont give a **** if some gay dude is running around in a dress or smoochin up his manwhore. ITS MAKES NO DAMN DIFFERENCE TO ME, ROCK THE **** ON MR POLE SMOKER!!

Now if he tries to roll the **** up on me i will be polite and tell him to **** off, but by no means would i get all "BURN THE ***S!"...

People are people, until you learn to accept them with all their wonderful little flaws you wont be much of **** in my book.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
I would have no problems with homosexuals if they would just be gay and STFU. It's the agenda that drives me nuts. Your right Salty; they continue to single themselves out asking for a finger to be pointed in their direction for the "Hey your gay!!!!" reaction.
Dre they have rolled up on you already. Haven't you noticed the programming on TV, articles in Magazines. You may accept them for what they are but many have a different opinion of what they are. By forcing homosexuality into your/my home they are forcing acceptance. Almost making it seem normal. We all know it isn't normal.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
I would have no problems with homosexuals if they would just be gay and STFU. It's the agenda that drives me nuts. Your right Salty; they continue to single themselves out asking for a finger to be pointed in their direction for the "Hey your gay!!!!" reaction.
Dre they have rolled up on you already. Haven't you noticed the programming on TV, articles in Magazines. You may accept them for what they are but many have a different opinion of what they are. By forcing homosexuality into your/my home they are forcing acceptance. Almost making it seem normal. We all know it isn't normal.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH Oh god you actually made me laugh out loud in person. So wait they force you watch those programs? Do they hold up those magazines for you to read while you are in the ****ter? Im sure you would like that one. Also you do have to accept them as human beings just as they have to accept your ignorant *** for what you are. I won't get into this conversation again. But you sir are a moron.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
ROI. Are gays buying fords, or sticking with Subarus? If ads aren't paying off, pull 'em.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:35 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
If ads aren't paying off, pull 'em.
Exactly. But no, let's make it an anti-gay issue instead. People are so quick to judge and the fact this issue has gotten a lot of play with many liberal blogs is sickening to me.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:37 AM

I agree stupid to make a anti-gay issue about if they are not buying. Anyways gays have a lot of spending power behind them so sort of suprised that they pulled them but who cares. Shrug.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:02 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Rumor has it Banana Republic will soon be taking the same measures...

:banana:
Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ipozestu

ok one more time for the inbreeds..

I DONT GIVE A ****!!

The same happens with "black" culture, you going to joing the KKK now because the chapelle show? Oh wait you think the ******s are funny so its ok with you... But the ***s, they touch *****, so that aint cool in your book. BETTER DRINK MORE HATERADE!!!

seriously this in the closet hating is bull****, either fess the **** up and admit you still dont like gay people, or do what i do.... DONT GIVE A **** WHAT THEY DO OR SAY, OR LOOK LIKE.

But again since you still find them offensive that will never happen....
Old 12-07-2005, 09:01 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
ROI. Are gays buying fords, or sticking with Subarus? If ads aren't paying off, pull 'em.

Since when did sexuality become a race?

"Are ******s buying fords, or sticking to Subarus? If ads arent paying off, pull'em'

And i agree with the above statements (minus the n bomb of course), but when a group of whack *** 18th centrury thinking ****wits threatens a company to push their own hateful agenda then i have NO RESPECT for the group forcing their will, or the PUSSIES who cave into it.

Quick Reply: 2 Ford Brands Stop Ads in Gay Publications