Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

[Non-political]Asked to speak at the Courthouse for 9/11

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 10:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
[Non-political]Asked to speak at the Courthouse for 9/11

I can't remember the last time I've spoken in public...to civilians no less.

I'm gonna bork this up so bad.

At this point, I've got a 'draft' that our A&PA (Advertising & Public Affairs) lady provided to anyone in the state who may be asked to speak in their areas. I have yet to tailor it to what I want to say. I will rehearse in front of my 1SG (First Sergeant - my right hand man.) No 'resources' to rely on, like video, posters, powerpoint...

Pre-assuming who my audience will be, I imagine mostly VFW/Legion/AMVets members from wars that happened mostly before I was born. I am, however, in Stalingrad, Indiana (Indiana University), so it's not much of a stretch to assume that the 'anti's' may show up. I'm even mentally preparing for something along the lines of the Westboro Baptist Church, since I just got to witness their picket of a funeral I went to a couple of weeks ago for an OIF casualty. I imagine, if anything extraordinary were to happen, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Afterall, I have sworn an oath to support and defend every American's right to free speech.

I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little apprehensive.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
dont let the antis get you down, they shouldnt be targeting you at all.. they should be targeting the decision makers who lead the country down the path they dont like..

if they target you out it is only out of their own stupidity, ignorance, and yup that is right.. BIGOTRY! w00t w00t
Old 09-08-2005, 02:53 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
You're a very sociable person, Pat. You've got a gift for gab and a great head on your shoulders. You'll do just fine.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:50 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by gpatmac
I can't remember the last time I've spoken in public...to civilians no less.

I'm gonna bork this up so bad.

At this point, I've got a 'draft' that our A&PA (Advertising & Public Affairs) lady provided to anyone in the state who may be asked to speak in their areas. I have yet to tailor it to what I want to say. I will rehearse in front of my 1SG (First Sergeant - my right hand man.) No 'resources' to rely on, like video, posters, powerpoint...

Pre-assuming who my audience will be, I imagine mostly VFW/Legion/AMVets members from wars that happened mostly before I was born. I am, however, in Stalingrad, Indiana (Indiana University), so it's not much of a stretch to assume that the 'anti's' may show up. I'm even mentally preparing for something along the lines of the Westboro Baptist Church, since I just got to witness their picket of a funeral I went to a couple of weeks ago for an OIF casualty. I imagine, if anything extraordinary were to happen, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Afterall, I have sworn an oath to support and defend every American's right to free speech.

I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little apprehensive.
I would be honored in helping you if you need anything. And btw.......I write a pretty damn good speech.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Thanks Rich.

1Regu, I'll get back to you.