Suspension questionS

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
Suspension questionS

Hey guys,

I recently bought a set of Rota DPTs 18x9.5 et 22 and wrapping them with 255/40/18. I've tried really hard to read teh_clap's write ups about it and all that other threads about suspensions but I seem to just go in circles. Does anyone here know someone or are running this same setup as me? Btw, I have a 04 wrx sedan.

Here are a list of my questions.

1. At stock height if I put this set up in, will I rub?

2. If I rub at stock height in this set up, do I get negative or positive camber? When do one get negative camber? from previous knowledge (or so..) when we lower our cars we get negative camber correct? (when top of the tire leans towards the vehicle. If so, wouldnt this help me fit the wheels in the fender?

3. I am willing to roll and pull my fenders, but as much as possible trying to not have to get rear camber plates, at the very least i can get some camber bolt. I can have the alignment shop put in the bolts for me correct? btw, i just ordered my new coilovers (ISC) and dont want to ship it back to get rear camber plate nor put in the rear camber plates...ive had bad experiences with spring/strut compressors.

Oh yeah im trying to just get to the paint that there is no finger gap between the tire and fender. Im most certain that I will going to roll then pull my fenders.

Thanks for reading!

WHOOOOOPS! got a litttle tooo excited and posted this on GH section! Sorry mods! kindly move this to the GD section please ! Thank you!

Last edited by adriandjesus; 11-12-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Being a noob =/