Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Why hasn't anyone come up w/ a duct setup for the WRX?

Old 12-21-2002, 03:26 PM

Car Info: 04 GGA+
Why hasn't anyone come up w/ a duct setup for the WRX?

I've looked at putting something together for ducting to the front brakes and can't find what I'm looking for. I want a set it and forget it setup utilizing the oe brake vents. I've looked in Pegasus, Essex parts and many other racer wholesalers to no avail. I can find good reinforced silicone hose, but no ducts that would work for the oe vents. I don't want to give up my fogs and don't want to swap them in and out (realizing that the fogs would allow for more air). If anyone could point me in the right direction or if someone knows where to get custom ducts made it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Big Sky
Old 12-30-2002, 05:56 PM

Yeah, I saw those. Unfortunately they don't utilize our oe ducts at all- there supposed to be mounted underneath (I don't want to go any lowering in front). I think there was also a question if the hose was even high temp silicone. I'll keep bugging DBA Steve.

Big Sky
Old 12-31-2002, 05:04 PM

The fog light holes definitely are the better option, more flow and there are NACA ducts that will fit and probably not too big a hassle to swap out for track days. I was hoping for a solution that I could set it up and forget it. I wouldn't need ducts on the "street", but I do some rather spirited mountain/canyon and gravel driving that would benefit from some additional air on the rotors. I do have mesh fog lamp covers (they actually work- I noticed a good ding in one the other day- I just pushed it out).

I may be pipe dreaming using the oe ducts. I do like the idea of selling a kit, maybe I could pay for a few of my mods.

big sky
Old 03-12-2003, 05:05 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
If you want Pagid, www.rallyperformance.com sells them.

And I would be interested in seeing the duct setup too ... I have two big holes on my bumper right now after selling my fogs
Old 06-29-2003, 06:46 AM

Thanks. Already have those, came oe w/ the 02's for some reason. While they provide a small improvemnt, what is needed for track is a true duct system providing air directly to the rotor, preferable as close to the center as possible.

I've come to the conclusion that the fog light location will be easiest, they make a couple of ducts that should fit very close to perfect. Then some 2" brake ducting routed to the rotor. The difficult part will be to fab something on the dust shield to clamp the ducting to. I may just locate a couple of dust shields to play w/.

Big Sky
Old 07-13-2003, 08:24 PM

Just ordered ducts and 2" brake ducting, so will be tackling this very soon. I will be going through the fog lights- very easy to in/unstall (three screws and a plug). Will post results when complete.

Big Sky
Old 07-31-2003, 03:29 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
after reading the post on scoobymods, i had to run out to the car to check my wheel wells for the opening. I have never noticed it before now. i'm amazed that those OE vents actually serve a purpose other than looks.