Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Wanted: Your opinions on GF springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 10:09 PM

Car Info: 95 Impreza Wagon... 1.8 Litres of fury!
Wanted: Your opinions on GF springs

I have a 95 Impreza wagon with prodrive p1 springs. The performance is alright, but I suspect it may be limited by not-wagon-specific rear springs. The rear is slightly lower than the front, and bottoms out occasionally on really hard turns, when I'm pushing it really hard and there are big dips / bumps. (This might be just the tire rubbing, i cant really tell)

http://www.autoadvan.co.uk/vehicle/2...20W%20left.JPG

I really enjoy the prodrive springs, but I worry that the rear springs may be affecting my handling in a bad way. I.e. excessive understeer... Are there any springs close to the prodrive rates, but meant for the wagon? I like the even-ness of the above car. Is there somewhere I could buy just the rear springs, or maybe a cheap ground control setup?

Also, I have gr2's, so I'd like something that won't tear my shocks up by being too low or too stiff. I.E. 15-25% stiffer than stock. Please do not suggest any tein products, or coilovers, because I am on a tight budget. Thanks

-Matt

Last edited by Impretzle; 07-26-2005 at 06:45 PM.