Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Torn between coilovers

Old 07-08-2014, 09:22 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx wagon
Torn between coilovers

Hello fellow members! So I just bought my wheels couple days ago and now need to get coilovers as well. I plan to go 1"-.5" gap from fender to wheel.

One of my buddies has bc br extreme low with swift springs and another has the stance super sport. Both say they love their setup. But I've also been reading that FA500 and Feal 441 is worth saving that extra money for.

Basically my question is, is it worth to go with the swift spring upgrade such as with the BC or Feal (since they come stock) and spend the extra little money. Or would getting a set of FA500 or Stance with the springs they already have be ok?

Im pretty much deciding between these 4 coilovers but I'm open to suggestion. Not looking to spend more than what Feals cost
Old 07-08-2014, 09:25 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
i would go with the Feal coils
Old 07-17-2014, 10:44 AM

Car Info: 99 AW ej205 Coupe // 06 SGM Wagon
I'm in a similar scenario. I've had Cusco, and ISC (which is basically the same as BC) in the past. I was contemplating buying some Stance SS for my wagon since they come with rear camber plates for the same price as BCs. However, after some more research, I've decided to buy some Feal 441s and upgrade to Cusco rear camber plates. Price isn't really the issue, I don't mind spending a little more money. I'm going with Feal because:
a) They're in California, so I can easily send them in for rebuilds / purchase replacement parts (if needed),
b) tons of people send in their stock shocks to be rebuilt by them, so their coilovers should be just as good, if not better,
c) Odi will recommend spring rates for you, or you can specify what rates you want, and
d) From what I've heard, Odi ships them at a preset ride height so you can test them out to their specifications, then make adjustments to your liking. There's no guessing games.

It might be another month or so before I buy my coilovers, so let me know if you decide to go with Feal 441s. If you have the time, I'd love to take a ride in them since you also have a wagon.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:01 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by Mr.Carl
I'm in a similar scenario. I've had Cusco, and ISC (which is basically the same as BC) in the past. I was contemplating buying some Stance SS for my wagon since they come with rear camber plates for the same price as BCs. However, after some more research, I've decided to buy some Feal 441s and upgrade to Cusco rear camber plates. Price isn't really the issue, I don't mind spending a little more money. I'm going with Feal because:
a) They're in California, so I can easily send them in for rebuilds / purchase replacement parts (if needed),
b) tons of people send in their stock shocks to be rebuilt by them, so their coilovers should be just as good, if not better,
c) Odi will recommend spring rates for you, or you can specify what rates you want, and
d) From what I've heard, Odi ships them at a preset ride height so you can test them out to their specifications, then make adjustments to your liking. There's no guessing games.

It might be another month or so before I buy my coilovers, so let me know if you decide to go with Feal 441s. If you have the time, I'd love to take a ride in them since you also have a wagon.
I actually just purchased the Stance SS. Main reason I got them were because they come stand with front and rear camber plates. As much as i wanted to get the Feal, for me, budget was definitely a factor. I just installed them today and will be making a drive up to Sac on Sun so I should have a better feel of how they are and I'll post back up