Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.
View Poll Results: Who else would like to see them?
Yes, hook it up Stoptech!
87.50%
Hmmmm, the Stockers are fine for me.
12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

STOPTECH 2Pot Rears?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 09:14 AM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
STOPTECH 2Pot Rears?

I personally would JUMP at the opprotunity to put an oversize set of 2 pot Stoptechs on the rear of my WRX. I would like to see the rotors the same size as the GDB Brembo rears.

Any world class sports car needs to fill up the inner rear wheel diameter with rotor, and have a massive 2 or even 4 pot caliper squeeze it!

Stoptech makes good isht!

Andy

Last edited by BADWRX; 03-22-2003 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:07 AM

Car Info: 13BRZ, 11FXT, 08T25, 07STI, 02WRX
I have talked to StopTech about this when they first released their big brake kit for the WRX and they first told me that they have plans for it but not at the moment. I had one of the first StopTech kits that were ever released. I am selling my kit because I do not like the idea of being optioned to certain wheels because of the size of the calipers. At this point, we do not heat up the rears enough to constitute having a rear brake kit. I agree that the stock rear brakes are tiny when compared to the front brakes, but most of the stuff in the rear would just be eye candy and I will one to admit it.

I will say that other than the size of the calipers. The kit is in my opinion a good kit. I had no problems with the kit at all and it was really reliable in all my emergency situations and events.
Old 03-26-2003, 06:19 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by ImprezaRSDriver
I am selling my kit because I do not like the idea of being optioned to certain wheels because of the size of the calipers.
Can you elaborate a bit? Are you referring to the having to install certain 17" (or 18") wheels to clear the calipers? If so, isn't this the case with most big brake kits on the market? There is one kit available (group buy) on the other message board that utilizes AP calipers that clear the OEM WRX 16" wheels.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 03-26-2003, 11:06 AM

Car Info: 13BRZ, 11FXT, 08T25, 07STI, 02WRX
Yeah, basically it is because it has to do with the wheel sizing. However, there are kits out there that will fit under the OEM wheels but I am willing to compromise with certain wheels. I have choosen to in the direction of getting Subaru 4pots because they will even clear 15inch wheels.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:51 PM

Location: Perrin Race DP Perrin Up-pipe Blitz Nur-spec CB Blitz LM intake TXS UTEC GFB BOV
I'd be especially interested if they would present these in a package with the front upgrade. I'd be all over that like stink on s***!