Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Should I change my front swaybar and endlinks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 08:36 AM

Car Info: 13BRZ, 11FXT, 08T25, 07STI, 02WRX
I would probably just upgrade the front endlinks. Recently, I have just had a friend who broke one front endlink on his car. He is going to upgrade to the whiteline ones. I will let you know what he thinks of them once they are on the car. Oh yeah, he did not hit anything either. He was just coming over to my place to hang out and all of sudden he hears a thunk. Now he complains about the thunking noise everytime he goes over a bump.
Old 11-25-2002, 04:55 PM

Car Info: 04 GGA+
If you have the oe sedan bar (20mm) you don't want to uprate (increase dia) your front bar (it's also 20mm) as you would again be back to where you started- larger front sway-smaller rear (and associated understeer).

The front links on the GG are a similar setup as the rear (GG/GD)-kind of soft. Stiffening the links, reduce deflection and thus should allow your sway bars to "respond" quicker. The GD already comes w/ a stiffer (metal w/ pillow ball ends).

One suggestion I'd throw out is locating an STi 19mm front bar- this comes w/ the complete STi/SPT suspension upgrade for the sedan. Many are not installing the smaller sway bar, thus they may be readily available. I was running (sedan) Cusco front (21mm) and rear (22-24mm), but have recently swapped those out for an oe rear and the 19mm front. I like this setup, especially on the gravel. It is very neutral, w/ a slight hint of oversteer.

big sky
Old 11-25-2002, 07:28 PM

Car Info: MY00, Impreza 2.5RS, Saab Yellow
Talking

Now I'm guessing you want me to put those in for you...

Just give me a call when you get them in and we will try to talk Mike into useing his garage.

-Mark
Old 11-25-2002, 08:14 PM

I did both

I may have a sedan, but I did BOTH fornt and rear bars, rear is adjustable, set at 22 front is 22. I have no more noticeable understeer than it was with the rear bar at 22 with the stock front.
The car is a JOY to drive with both bars on it. 0 body roll, and still have the ability to power oversteer