Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Q U I E T street performance setup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 12:29 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by meilers
Razor,

I'm the one who started the thread, and you already gave me an excellent pad comparison a dozen or so posts back. I'm just curious as to how the Bobcats compare, and whether I should bother with steel brake lines -- do they have maintenence issues as compared to stock? How much of my factory warranty will be affected (i.e. master cylinder, parking brake etc.) will I void by upgrading?
First of all, in terms of the warranty of your brake system, pads and rotors are wear items and as such are not covered by warranty unless there is a defect. The only maintainance issues would be to make sure the SS lines are routed properly so that they don't interfere with any suspension, steering, wheel, tire, or drivetrain parts. The lines are custom made for your car, but it's your responsibility to make sure they're properly installed. It's not hard, but like most things you can screw it up if you have no idea what you're doing and/or not paying attention.

There is no reason for SS lines voiding the warranty of any other parts in the brake system including ABS, master cylinder, calipers, etc. There really isn't anything changed, just an increase in the inefficiency of the system, that's all.

Thanks,
Tim Kelsch
StopTech LLC