Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Might need wheels bearing replaced

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 12:34 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Might need wheels bearing replaced

So lately I have heard of this very loud vibrating/humming resonance in the rear area inside my cabin while I am driving. The sound becomes very loud when coming to a complete stop and while cruising at a constant pace at pretty much any speed even highway. I also have been hearing clicking sound when applying the gas pedal and making right turns most of the time. I am guessing I need to replace my wheels bearing but do not know how much or if that's even the problem. Someone who have experience or know what my symptom relates to please help. If you are a certified technician then PM me for quicker detail and help, which will be compensated. Thanks
Old 05-05-2010, 12:45 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by Europa
So lately I have heard of this very loud vibrating/humming resonance in the rear area inside my cabin while I am driving. The sound becomes very loud when coming to a complete stop and while cruising at a constant pace at pretty much any speed even highway. I also have been hearing clicking sound when applying the gas pedal and making right turns most of the time. I am guessing I need to replace my wheels bearing but do not know how much or if that's even the problem. Someone who have experience or know what my symptom relates to please help. If you are a certified technician then PM me for quicker detail and help, which will be compensated. Thanks
I dont know whats involved, but i hear its pretty expensive
Old 05-05-2010, 01:01 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
So... What are you selling?

You would probably get better responses if you had posted this in the proper forum and not in the classifieds.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:04 AM

basically tryna sell my help needed for money
Old 05-05-2010, 05:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: a blue car
The clicking sounds like a bad axle. The rest? Probably a wheel bearing. The sounds you describe are basically the sound a bad wheel bearing makes. If the noise is getting really bad, you need to stop driving it so you don't mess up the knuckle, or the hub that goes in the wheel bearing. There are several reputable shops that are vendors on here that, I'm sure, would be happy to give you a price on those items.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:17 AM

Car Info: 07 rs STi swapped Rotated BW S200SX-56
put your car on jack stands and place your hands on the top and bottom of the wheel and try to move it, if the bearings are bad, you should get some unwanted movement back and forth, do the same going side to side. Changing the bearings is pretty easy, but you would need access to a press.

Here is the procedure.

http://www.scoobymods.com/wheel-bear...rus-t6420.html
Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 AM

thanks for everyones input and help. i am pretty sure now I may need my wheel bearing and front axle replaced. I just need to know an estimate quote on how much? I hope its not expensive since I am really on a tight budget lately.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:14 AM

I am offering $150+ to anyone with knowledge and willing to help me check and if needed change my rear wheel bearings.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Damn $150... hmmmmm.

My advice would be to roll by your local shop. See if they'll take it for a spin and at least diagnose it for you and give you a quote. You might find it to be something not to bad to just have fixed.

GST did mine.

Also... my advice... DO IT SOON.

The longer you have it going the more likely you're gonna destroy something more expensive, the hub for example. I rolled on mine too long and destroyed the hub. The wheel bearing itself is pretty cheap and pretty strait forward for a shop with a press.

SO yeah. Whatever you do. Do it soon.

Support your local shop if at all possible.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:26 PM

resolved!

Last edited by Europa; 06-01-2010 at 10:55 PM.