Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Megan Racing Coilovers...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 07:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by SubaruLibertyGT
Have any of you heard of D2racing's coilovers suspension. Apparently they can provide the flexibility of 36 Adjustable. How is that compare to MeganRacing's coilovers.
they are pretty damn good... my friend has it on a civic hatch. you can choose your own spring rates and the quality is top notch. another brand to check out is omni. the owner/tech is the guy who helped skunk2 design and test their coilovers

http://www.omnipowerusa.com/Products...l_Coilover.asp

full coilovers 799 for wrx
Attached Thumbnails Megan Racing Coilovers...-products_full_coilover_large_1.jpg  
Old 05-25-2005, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by BLITZSTI
they are pretty damn good... my friend has it on a civic hatch. you can choose your own spring rates and the quality is top notch. another brand to check out is omni. the owner/tech is the guy who helped skunk2 design and test their coilovers

http://www.omnipowerusa.com/Products...l_Coilover.asp

full coilovers 799 for wrx

i checked out omni and it seems to not have any dampner settings. anyway i personally think skunk2 products are garbage thier coilover used eibach springs which was the only good thing about them.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:40 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by adrian
i checked out omni and it seems to not have any dampner settings. anyway i personally think skunk2 products are garbage thier coilover used eibach springs which was the only good thing about them.
thats why the guy left and started his own company. the dampening is not listed on the site but 32 way? can you really tell difference between 28 and 30? im on tein flex and differences in settings is nominal, only from soft to full stiff do you really notice the difference.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:00 PM

i agree about the settings. unless you have a full track car its not really nessicary. ive just had a bad experiance with skunk 2 so im going to stay away from their affiliates too. i need to see some good gains in performance cornering ect... most ppl that buy ther suspension is just because its cheap and they get a full coilover.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by adrian
i agree about the settings. unless you have a full track car its not really nessicary. ive just had a bad experiance with skunk 2 so im going to stay away from their affiliates too. i need to see some good gains in performance cornering ect... most ppl that buy ther suspension is just because its cheap and they get a full coilover.
exactly.. you get what you pay for.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:13 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Do you know if these Megan units use linear or digressive valving? Or would you be able to find out?

Chris H.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:10 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
ive been looking into coilovers for a while. i originally wanted tein basics but i havent heared to many good things about them. then i saw these and the omni coils. my cars a daily driver, very rarely brought to the track or autocrossed, so i need a coilover kit thats cheap and will last. would the people who have the MR coilovers suggest these or should i go with omni's coilovers, or tein basic.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dice
ive been looking into coilovers for a while. i originally wanted tein basics but i havent heared to many good things about them. then i saw these and the omni coils. my cars a daily driver, very rarely brought to the track or autocrossed, so i need a coilover kit thats cheap and will last. would the people who have the MR coilovers suggest these or should i go with omni's coilovers, or tein basic.
Omni does not come with upper mounts and it is not damping adjustable. Price for both is about the same. So go figure....
Old 11-07-2005, 10:42 PM

Car Info: Rust bucketo
Smile

The Omni is not adjustable, does not come with pillowball mounts, not even the front. Only stock camber adjustment.

If the Megan's pricing is similar to the Omni's, I would go for the Megan Racing coilovers. If the springrates are going to be abit higher then stock, then there is no real reason to exclude rigid mounts (pillowball). And the camber-adjustability / damper adjustability does not hurt at all, for the same price.

If you do go for the Megan brand, do yourself a favor and grease up the pillowballs liberally, a lot of people do not realize how "dry" some of the pillowballs come, and they may sieze up or wear quickly, causing "clunks" that can't be fixed unless you buy new pillowballs.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Rat

Car Info: always changing...
Originally Posted by criscross79
I have a set of these and they are a truly high quality coilover .. (apexi sells the same exact thing, made by the same exact company for 2X as much) the adjustability is really handy, change it to super stiff for the track (i.e. no suspension movement at all) , or soften it up for the street. right now with the way I have it set up, they are firm, but not harsh, and body roll is almost non exsistant. as for longevity, I have had them on for about 5,000 miles and they are still as good as new. No clunking, or strange noises either.

I also have a MR exhaust and the quality on it is very high as well.

If anyone has any questions I can give more detalied answers
How are your coilovers holding up?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:27 PM

awesome coilovers. easy install. took me 1hr to install. 3 1/2 hrs to set ride height and align on alignment rack.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:22 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Where's Megan Racing stuff made anyways??
Old 01-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Rat

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39223
Old 06-06-2006, 01:08 AM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
bump for long term reliability on these coillovers
Old 06-06-2006, 01:12 AM
Rat

mine were doing great till I sold my RS... now I want another set...

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Coilovers...