Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

KYB AGX/Tokico D-Spec + Epics

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 2005 Saab 9-2x Aero
KYB AGX/Tokico D-Spec + Epics

Hey there, I haven't posted much here before, but was looking to see if anyone on here is riding on AGX's or D-spec's with Epic springs. I'm going to be ordering Epics but was going to get new struts since i'm still on stockers at 93k. My main concern is comfort, but am aware that some of that will be sacrificed with springs. Does anyone have experience with either combo? Better options? Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Old 02-06-2012, 02:44 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
feal struts and sprint springs.take a look at the Feal Struts.
Rally Racing Suspension

just saw your sig, not sure if they do Saab.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by SkizzDawg
feal struts and sprint springs.take a look at the Feal Struts.
Rally Racing Suspension

just saw your sig, not sure if they do Saab.
thanks for the lead! i'll take a look. also, i forgot to mention that im not trying to put a large dent in my wallet either. best all around strut or most comfortable strut for the money.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:06 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon
I can't speak for the springs but I ride on AGX. The build quality is good, but they are not as flexible (tuning wise) as the D Spec. You will loose camber in the wagon. I slotted my bottom holes to get the camber back. For what it's worth the AGX are good bang for the buck but for a bit more $ you can get more adjustment. If you don't futz with stuff much you might like them. Also in a wagon they are easy to adjust.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by bikelok
I can't speak for the springs but I ride on AGX. The build quality is good, but they are not as flexible (tuning wise) as the D Spec. You will loose camber in the wagon. I slotted my bottom holes to get the camber back. For what it's worth the AGX are good bang for the buck but for a bit more $ you can get more adjustment. If you don't futz with stuff much you might like them. Also in a wagon they are easy to adjust.
Why is it that you lose camber with the AGX? Can you speak for D-specs on that as well?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:09 PM

I am very sure the D Spec are the same as far as camber loss. The struts are made for the sedan which has a wider track. You can get neg camber by using adjustable tops, camber bolts, adjustable links(rear only), or by slotting the bottom holes outward 1mm for each degree of camber. I slotted mine 3 mm, which was easy to do with a dremel. I did not want to use the camber bolts. I feel as they are a week link. Many many people have used them with good results though. The easiest way to get neg camber back is with tops. They are easy to adjust. Most alignment shops do NOT know how to use camber bolts. Do yourself a favor and search all of this as much as possible so you can do what's best for you. When you are all done get yourself a GOOD alignment. Not a cheap Firestone $60 special. If you are not sure about alignments then please look that up too.
I use a combination of tops, adjustable links and slotted holes on my wagon.

Last edited by bikelok; 02-07-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:01 PM

Oh, I forgot to ask if this is something you will be installing yourself. If so, that makes it easy to modify your parts for a better finished result. Some installers might not know how to get the most out of your parts. More searching if needed.

If this is all to much and you just want something simple but works well. I would suggest KYB GR-2 wagon specific struts. They are a direct bolt in no modifications needed. They are non-adjustable but slightly firmer than stock.

Last edited by bikelok; 02-07-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:10 PM

Wow! Thanks a ton for the info! Throughout my searches I haven't found it explained that clear, so thank you! Much appreciated
Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 PM

No problem. Let me know if you have any more questions. I will do my best to answer.
Love those Saabs by the way. Good luck.