Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

I need some guidance with a hella flush set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 2007 subaru impresa sti
Originally Posted by Gancherov
Mission accomplished.

If you're the type of person who takes the assumptions of other people expressed in public forum over the Internet so seriously that they make you lose faith in community and humanity then I hope you don't keep posting.

If my assumptions were wrong then your first post wouldn't have happened.

Welcome to the Internet, to avoid this in the future you could try learning the ways of the mystical search button.

Am I trolling yet?
wrong..wrong and wrong.. again
look dude i get it your a coool guy your really smooth u got all the answers in the world everyone wants to be just like you. your the motto everyone wants to follow.. so while your here still tryna look cool do it some where else where people actually care cause i surely don't i no longer want to waste time replying back to you. you will be ignored after this reply.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Brfatal
Not everyone here is a pillar of wisdom. You get budget parts, you tend to get budget results.
haha ive noticed.. and by the way im just gonna stick with my bbs and powder coat them black and maybe buy some tiens coil overs. what u think?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:49 PM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
Do what you want dude, don't listen to the people that hate on hellaflush, I don't like it either but if its what you wanna do then do it. Throw some 17 or 18x9s with whatever tires depending on if you want to stretch them or not. Then do some fender work, roll n pull or cut n throw some aftermarket fender flares. Here is Hersheys car, going for that kind of look?Congratulations HERSHEY and his Monster STi, Nasioc's Top Scoob 028 - NASIOC

Show a picture of some suby with a setup you want and then people will let you know how to do it.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Originally Posted by esousa22
Do what you want dude, don't listen to the people that hate on hellaflush, I don't like it either but if its what you wanna do then do it. Throw some 17 or 18x9s with whatever tires depending on if you want to stretch them or not. Then do some fender work, roll n pull or cut n throw some aftermarket fender flares. Here is Hersheys car, going for that kind of look?Congratulations HERSHEY and his Monster STi, Nasioc's Top Scoob 028 - NASIOC

Show a picture of some suby with a setup you want and then people will let you know how to do it.
/\This/\
Hershey's car is sick.. IMO Everyone has opinions and sadly those who have nothing helpful or useful to say seem to speak up more than those who you want to hear from. Personally I like how the fender flares look on STi's and WRX's but not sure i would want to cut up my fenders to achieve that look.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by SkizzDawg
/\This/\
Hershey's car is sick.. IMO Everyone has opinions and sadly those who have nothing helpful or useful to say seem to speak up more than those who you want to hear from. Personally I like how the fender flares look on STi's and WRX's but not sure i would want to cut up my fenders to achieve that look.
Whats a little cutting for the end result in function? nice thick tires that touch actually touch the pavement. I completely understand where you are coming from though but if you don't plan on ever taking the fender flares off, why does it matter?I'd cut that **** with an angle grinder whether I do a good or bad job, it doesnt matter, it gets covered up by the flares lol
Old 05-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Originally Posted by Black sti
haha ive noticed.. and by the way im just gonna stick with my bbs and powder coat them black and maybe buy some tiens coil overs. what u think?
For the price of Teins you can get better.

Hershey's car is tracked (thus his setup actually stands to be beneficial) and highly built. Using his car as a basis for a stock/near stock STI is the worst example you could have possibly have made. His twin,or rather Hershey's car is his twin, is a local car that is also raced and better built than even my car.

/\This/\

Since I know this is a jab at me, you might want to re-read the thread again. I've been more helpful/educational/informative than everyone else in thread combined. Sometimes what you need to hear isn't what you want to be told.

Last edited by Brfatal; 05-08-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:12 PM

Hershey's car is tracked (thus his setup actually stands to be beneficial) and highly built. Using his car as a basis for a stock/near stock STI is the worst example you could have possibly have made. His twin,or rather Hershey's car is his twin, is a local car that is also raced and better built than even my car.
what kind of coils then?
cause im ready to buy some im just really being picky
Old 05-08-2012, 01:14 PM

Whats a little cutting for the end result in function? nice thick tires that touch actually touch the pavement. I completely understand where you are coming from though but if you don't plan on ever taking the fender flares off, why does it matter?I'd cut that **** with an angle grinder whether I do a good or bad job, it doesnt matter, it gets covered up by the flares lol
haha dude i want some dam flares now man hand me a angle grinder!!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:16 PM

/\This/\
i totally agree with you. right off the bat the person that starts to speak out loud and speak over people i usually ignore the most
Old 05-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Originally Posted by Black sti
what kind of coils then?
cause im ready to buy some im just really being picky
Budget? Are you tracking the car at all? I honestly can't make the recommendation that you get coilovers if you're not tracking competitively on a regular basis as springs and struts are a better option for DD and weekend racers.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM

Since I know this is a jab at me, you might want to re-read the thread again. I've been more helpful/educational/informative than everyone else in thread combined. Sometimes what you need to hear isn't what you want to be told.
I was simply giving another example of hellaflush. Isn't hersheys setup hellaflush? hellaflush means no wheel gap or very minimal, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Technical Know-It-All

His old setup was hella flush. His RPF-1 setup w/ flares is functional, at least for what he uses it for.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:40 PM

His old setup was hella flush. His RPF-1 setup w/ flares is functional, at least for what he uses it for.
Just because its functional doesn't mean its not hella flush. As a DD you can drop it lower than Hershey and therefore being hellaflush AND functional. Right? or Wrong?
Old 05-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
Yea if you looking to just roll around for the "hellaflush: style and maybe do some spirited runs or something.. Just get some decent coilovers (Stance, BC, ISC) they are fine..read the reviews from people that own them. Unless your like a hardcore tracker, then you may want to invest in some Olins or something in that catagory..

Get some real wheels..as in staying away from rota club or xxr whatever the heck they are.. your running 5x114.3 lug pattern and there are bunch of wheels for you to choose from that are 18x9....something wide.. running stock wheels isn't "hellaflush" its more "hellastock"

Last edited by mistaanime; 05-08-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:56 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI

Actually your ASSUMPTION was and is INCORRECT!! my Comment Was not aimed at you otherwise i would have quoted you (like i did here) or even called you out by using your name... (yes this comment was/is aimed at you dont want you to assume something else incorrectly) What i said is based off FACTS that i have experienced and what i have seen in this and other threads. wait what the hell am i doing explaining myself and what i wrote to you... waste of time...

Esousa22, I couldn't agree more. The function and form is well worth it if your going to put the nice wide wheels/tires to use or show the car. That is my opinion, others do what Makes you happy and what you like, just research what you want to do before you do it, because some mods cant be undone so easily and others can have adverse effects. I'm not sure how well the resale value will be with fender flares done too. If resale value is of no concern then RIGHT ON!! Right now my focus is on other areas with my own car. I have wider than stock wheels and tires to match no pull or roll on struts with sprint springs.

Quick Reply: I need some guidance with a hella flush set up