Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

I need some guidance with a hella flush set up

Old 05-07-2012, 02:23 AM

Car Info: 2007 subaru impresa sti
I need some guidance with a hella flush set up

Hello there i am wondering what do i need to have the hella flush set up and if its fine for a daily driven suby. i need your guys help, ideas, and advices on black rims, suspension, and tires i want a really aggressive look! thank you so much for reading!

ps. my car is black 06 sti i want a all black look
-Carlos
Old 05-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Step 1: Don't.
Step 2: Don't.
Step 3: Don't.

Hella flush is a travesty against cars.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:26 AM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon
Ugh!
If its a show car that's never really driven then do what you want but for a daily driver or any real performance car then Follow Brfatal's advice. Don't!
For a daily driver it will ride like crap, you will go through wheel bearings like underwear too. Not fun.
If you still want to go though with it then try to use a wheel with the proper size and backspace to get the look you want.
Good luck.

Last edited by bikelok; 05-07-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 AM

Car Info: '11 STI
okay now that the trolls have spoken let me help you out with your question since im not sure they realize that other people may have different taste then them.

Will you go through wheel bearings like underwear....NO that is just false. You will put more strain on them with lower offset but it is not noticeable.

You want a good cheap setup with not a major roll and camber, just do a 18x9.5 +38 rota setup. coilovers are ideal since you can adjust camber easier and adjust ride height. And for tires, i would run a 255/35/18. just roll the rears and this setup will be flush and great for a daily driver.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:49 AM

Car Info: Java Black 04' STI
My setup may not be super aggresive but it is flush and less expensive. I have rota 18x9 +35 offset with 235/40/18 tires, cobb springs, rolled rear fenders. No neg camber, no issues with rubbing except on huge bumps, no problems with wheel bearings. Just watch out for steep driveways
Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 AM

Car Info: @eatwithnaveed
Don't listen to these guys. Just do what you like. If that's the look you want, then do it. If you really want some crazy ****, pm me. I'll let you know exactly what to buy. Oh and you'll need alot of $$$$ to make **** fit.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Technical Know-It-All

Originally Posted by flat489
okay now that the trolls have spoken let me help you out with your question since im not sure they realize that other people may have different taste then them.
Trolls? How about people who are pushing back against those who have made Subarus what Hondas were 10 years ago?

The bearing comment he made was false, however the fact of the matter is that a hella flush setup has so many cons going against it (handling, ride, reliability, convenience all take big hits for no gains) and the only conceivable positive is questionable tastes in aesthetics. This is a DD, not a trailered show car.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Brfatal
Trolls? How about people who are pushing back against those who have made Subarus what Hondas were 10 years ago?

The bearing comment he made was false, however the fact of the matter is that a hella flush setup has so many cons going against it (handling, ride, reliability, convenience all take big hits for no gains) and the only conceivable positive is questionable tastes in aesthetics. This is a DD, not a trailered show car.
yea troll. because all that you have stated is your opinion on how you want to modify your car. your views may not be consistent with what OP wants out of their car. What is wrong with hondas, as long as they are done properly they look good. the point is that if the OP wants to be flush might as well steer them towards the proper way of doing so, so that it looks good and they are happy with their car. All your cons can be countered with the simple fact that people value different aspects of their cars differently. If they want looks and they want to be slammed and flush I dont think you will have an easy time to convince them that what they are doing is wrong. OP pm if you have any questions. My car is UNFLUSH right now and I have only suspension mods done to my car but I appreciate all types of modding as long as it is done properly and cleanly.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wally's World
My setup may not be super aggresive but it is flush and less expensive. I have rota 18x9 +35 offset with 235/40/18 tires, cobb springs, rolled rear fenders. No neg camber, no issues with rubbing except on huge bumps, no problems with wheel bearings. Just watch out for steep driveways
Do you have a pic of your car?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:28 PM

Step 1: Don't.
Step 2: Don't.
Step 3: Don't.

Hella flush is a travesty against cars.
Dam :/ plain and simple ehh?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by bikelok
Ugh!
If its a show car that's never really driven then do what you want but for a daily driver or any real performance car then Follow Brfatal's advice. Don't!
For a daily driver it will ride like crap, you will go through wheel bearings like underwear too. Not fun.
If you still want to go though with it then try to use a wheel with the proper size and backspace to get the look you want.
Good luck.
well what do you recommend that will be proper?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:31 PM

Will you go through wheel bearings like underwear....NO that is just false. You will put more strain on them with lower offset but it is not noticeable.

You want a good cheap setup with not a major roll and camber, just do a 18x9.5 +38 rota setup. coilovers are ideal since you can adjust camber easier and adjust ride height. And for tires, i would run a 255/35/18. just roll the rears and this setup will be flush and great for a daily driver.
i Pm'd u bro
Old 05-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Technical Know-It-All

yea troll. because all that you have stated is your opinion on how you want to modify your car. your views may not be consistent with what OP wants out of their car. What is wrong with hondas, as long as they are done properly they look good. the point is that if the OP wants to be flush might as well steer them towards the proper way of doing so, so that it looks good and they are happy with their car. All your cons can be countered with the simple fact that people value different aspects of their cars differently. If they want looks and they want to be slammed and flush I dont think you will have an easy time to convince them that what they are doing is wrong. OP pm if you have any questions. My car is UNFLUSH right now and I have only suspension mods done to my car but I appreciate all types of modding as long as it is done properly and cleanly.
Nothing is wrong with Honda the automaker. It's what the owners do to them. You missed that point.

Originally Posted by Black sti
well what do you recommend that will be proper?
The absolutely ideal wheel size for a GD Impreza is 17x8 +48 to +55 w/ a 245/45/17 tire. It will still offer good responsiveness and more than enough tire to have fun with while not screwing with the suspension geometry too much and your car won't look like it's broken (ask Stealth for a picture to see what I mean). Obviously you can vary it a bit, but keep in mind that there a specific range that the car reacts best with. Going too wide or too low offset does have consequences. This along with Swift Spec Rs or RCE Blacks will be a great setup, but keep in mind that if your car has a lot of miles you may need to replace the struts too.

Last edited by Brfatal; 05-07-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:23 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
Oh god here we go again with this debate... I have never seen anyone complain about wheel bearing going out that have gone hella flush, I have had an aggressive wheel setup on my car before the hella flush crap was even popular and i am still on stock wheel bearings. If someone did a flush setup properly there will be no issues.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:41 PM

The absolutely ideal wheel size for a GD Impreza is 17x8 +48 to +55 w/ a 245/45/17 tire. It will still offer good responsiveness and more than enough tire to have fun with while not screwing with the suspension geometry too much and your car won't look like it's broken (ask Stealth for a picture to see what I mean). Obviously you can vary it a bit, but keep in mind that there a specific range that the car reacts best with. Going too wide or too low offset does have consequences. This along with Swift Spec Rs or RCE Blacks will be a great setup, but keep in mind that if your car has a lot of miles you may need to replace the struts too.
You are right. That is stock wheel size on a sti. Stick with that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need some guidance with a hella flush set up