Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

h&r coilover question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 06:17 PM

Car Info: Stg. II PSM Subaru Impreza WRX
h&r coilover question

i just got an offer to get h&r coil-overs from a guy i know... so far i think it will be an excellent trade in my favor if it works. anyways, he has a 2002 wagon and i have an 05 sedan. he is basically trading me the h&r's for my stock springs/struts (hes having a baby and is "sick of the rough ride" of his stiff coilovers) after i pay for the installs and his alignment. the things id like to double check with you guys are:

1. my stock suspension will work for his 02 wagon correct?

2. he has 30k miles on the h&rs. he has never tracked them and he is a mellow driver, and the guys at PDXtuning can check them out for me. but you guys dont think thats too many do you? i mean theyre strong german made coilovers driven lightly.

3. he doesnt have the tool to adjust the coilovers. can i just order a new one from h&r?

4. should i get my alignment adjsted after the install?

5. is this to good to be true?

i want coilovers so badly
Old 01-15-2009, 02:32 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
1. yes, u might have to use ur tophats, 2. 30k is more then immaculate if it hasnt been tracked and theres no leaks 3. yes 4. definitly yes 5. if it seems too good too be true it most likely is.... have a real proffessional check them out
Old 01-15-2009, 03:37 PM

i like your answers... in regard to 5... i think this is one of those times when it isnt to good to be true. im getting the work done at PDX Tuning, so they will be able to inspect the coilovers for possible problems. i am stoked as hell to be finally getting coilovers.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:48 PM

h&r's are on. damn. ****ing amazing. PDX installed them along with the cusco adjustable camber plates and my new stop tech slotted rotors and hawk brake pads. its pretty adjusted for aggressive track use... i am stoked, will post some pics when i get to eugene tomorrow.