Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Best suspension value for WRX

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 06:56 PM

Car Info: '01 RS BRP
Thumbs up

Originally posted by Zahnster
You could probably get the SPT Struts/Springs and STi Top Mounts for something near there maybe $1200.
I'd agree that a full strut & spring upgrade would be one of my first upgrades.

Otherwise get a strut and spring upgrade with aftermarket camber plates, or get some legit coilovers.

I would also consider getting front and rear sway bars. This might be better because of the lack of GDA replacement struts.

Overall maybe you should ask yourself what you like about your car, and what you'd like to upgrade. If you answer this you'll know what you need to do.
Old 12-18-2002, 07:29 PM

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX Sedan
if i were on a budget, i'd get the eibach pro-kit, a good, aggressive alignment, and a rear sway bar to start. the eibachs were supposedly designed to work with the stock struts, so they would be the best of the choices out there right now.
of course, the rear sway bar would help you fine tune the over/understeering characteristic to your liking.
then, i'd look into camber plates for the front. this would definitely help the front end bite harder in turns.
these things would definitely keep you under your $1000 ceiling. then, eventually, more companies should be coming out with aftermarket shocks, and you could just add to them to your setup later. and if you choose to just get coilovers later instead of adding shocks, you could just sell all of these parts for close to what you got them, provided that you get a good deal. but everybody seems to be looking for eibachs, and good camber plates, so i don't think you'd have too much of a problem selling them.
hope this helps,
james
Old 12-18-2002, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 04 GGA+
The STi setup is going to be tough to beat, afterall it is purpose built for the STi v7 RA. The damping, spring rates, travel - all exclusively designed for the GD/GG. It boosts 40mm pistons, an inverted design matched w/ progressive springs w/ real word rates 217 front, 192 rear, w/ minimal lowering (mine are ~ 1/2" lower). Autox, track days, rally x or just getting the groceries- this is tough setup to beat.

Big Sky
Old 12-21-2002, 08:31 AM

Car Info: 93 WRX Wagon (Silver)
I have a set of Ohlins that are nice and i bought them for $400. I could find good suspenions for pretty cheap. the ohlins brand new cost up to $3000. On Yahoo Japan auctions, i usually find suspenion for my friends over here, but the deal that i make with them is that if i find them their suspenion, i need the money up front to bid on them.
Attached Thumbnails Best suspension value for WRX-7%8C%8E-30-2002-39-.jpg