Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

your opinions for a soobie noobie

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
Talking your opinions for a soobie noobie

Well after browsing the boards, i've decided that everyone here is really knowledgeable when it comes to the soobs. And hopefully i can get some insight and opinions. Im thinking of getting a 04 or 05 silver WRX sedan in 4-5 months. prolly gonna try to put 10k down and see if i can catch the 0% financing to pay it off. Anyone see any problems with it so far?

Next, im planning to use my car for commuting and in the winter, to go boarding, cuz im a boarding freak. So as much as i would like to put on the nice kits and things taht you guys all have to make my car sexy, i probably wont. however, i was thinknig of getting 17inch rims with street (not sure what the technical term is) tires for the non winter times, then putting allweather/snow tires on the stock 16inch(am i right?) rims for the winter months. Anyone have any insights to give?

Finally, as far as looks go, i like the spoiler on the 500HP 02 wrx, and i was wondering if anyone knew if thats good/bad, cost, availibilty for '04/'05 wrx's etc. And tinting... i'd like to get a nice looknig tint and not hafta do different tints for the back 3 and another level tint for the front two. so whats a good dark tint i can get away with on all 5 without gettnig a ticket. Also, i read someone got the OEM STi exhaust(?) and i'd like to get somthing that doesnt look stock, that gives me a little bit deeper sound but wont get me in trouble as well.

Sorry for the long post, any help would be much appreciated. sorry if i sound stupid, like i said, im a noob. but hopefully with your guyses help i'll be a non noob soon, and maybe even get to meet some of you all when i get my WRX. Thanks a lot!!

also, any suggestions would be awesome! i look forward to chattin with you guys more!

Last edited by thebing; 03-08-2004 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
For the tire/wheel idea, that is what lots of people I know do. Stock wheels with winter-slanted all weathers and 17 inch wheels with street tires is perfect.

As for the tint, if you live in California you will only be able to get the lightest bit of tint on the front windows (legally that is). Otherwise, I'd post this question in your local forum, as the tint laws vary from state to state.